• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dani said:
Any recommendations for some friendly servers? How's the gaf server Cheeto? I haven't seen anyone on it yet myself.

I normally just drift around and haven't found any place to call home just yet.
Any place that says funserver

I like SlaughterHouse, Exo, and another one I can't remember.

undrtakr900

New Update MILESTONES ARE BACK!!:D :D :D

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
May 29, 2009, 4:30 pm - Valve - Product Update

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Added Sniper/Spy milestone achievements as an additional way players can get the new unlockables
* Arena Mode
o Added tf_arena_use_queue server convar. Turn this on to get the old queue behavior. Default is off
o Added tf_arena_round_time to set a timelimit on the round​
* Added the userid of the player who built the teleporter to the "player_teleported" event
* Fixed player killed event causing server crash
* Fixed Spies not being telefragged when standing on an enemy teleporter exit with the Dead Ringer enabled
* Fixed attackers seeing the mini-crit particle effect for full crits if the victim has the Jarate effect enabled
* Fixed the Ambassador not doing damage to buildings
* Fixed Spies disguised as their own team not drawing blood effects
* Fixed players killed by flaming arrows not showing the appropriate death icon​
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=440

============

The best part is Milestones are now set for: 5, 11, and 17
Sniper: http://i39.tinypic.com/bfjt78.jpg
Spy: http://i41.tinypic.com/25s5qg2.jpg

undrtakr900

fallout said:
Well, that was worth a week of anguish!
:lol, after idling on a server for a few hours getting nothing I was seriously about to uninstall TF2 because I couldn't get my Cloak n Dagger(which is awesome, btw). But as soon as I closed TF2 I saw that it was updating and read the notes that they were adding milestones =)

=======

On a unrelated note does it seem like they raised the random drop percentage? Because on the server I was playing you couldn't go 10 minutes without someone unlocking/finding a weapon. I unlocked 4-5 in the past few hours myself...

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I haven't really played much since it first came out and that was on 360. I'm thinking about getting back into TF2 but on PC this time. I never really followed the updates and changes, would it be hard to get into at this point? Anything else I should do besides join the GAF Community? Thanks in advance.

Firestorm

Nozdeuce said:
I haven't really played much since it first came out and that was on 360. I'm thinking about getting back into TF2 but on PC this time. I never really followed the updates and changes, would it be hard to get into at this point? Anything else I should do besides join the GAF Community? Thanks in advance.
Nope. I know a lot of people, including myself, who are getting back into it after months of not playing. It's an absolute blast =D

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Firestorm said:
Nope. I know a lot of people, including myself, who are getting back into it after months of not playing. It's an absolute blast =D
Thanks, I ended up just jumping in. Forgot how fun it was :D

Volcynika

http://kotaku.com/5273555/valve-dreams-of-team-fortress-2-movie-divulges-meet-the-team-origins

"The number of people at this point who want us going off and making full length movies and that sort of stuff has got to a point where it's hard to ignore," an under-the-weather Team Fortress 2 designer Robin Walker said during a conference call interview with Kotaku late last week.

Yes, it's come to dreams of movie-making for the seemingly can't-fail studio behind beloved gaming hits such as Team Fortress 2, Half-Life, Portal and Left 4 Dead.

"We're not ready to announce anything along those lines, but I don't think there's a person in this company that wouldn't love to see a full-length TF movie or even a 10-minute movie," Valve writer and TF2 video contributor Erik Wolpaw said. He was on the call with Kotaku from the Valve's office in Bellevue, Washington. "I'm not just being cagey. I'm a little bit removed from these kinds of things. But they keep giving us a little bit more rope with which to hang ourselves, so who knows."

Javaman

Hey guys, Let's get a GAF game going tonight! Cheeto's server might be a good place. The Weather is calling for a 95% chance of crazy hijinx.

[GAF] 3rd Degree Yellow Belt 66.55.149.224:27015

30jh3xl.jpg

VaLiancY

:lol Fuck. I love complainers about the Demoman. I got lucky and pipe bomb 3 guys in a row and crit stickied the payload with three scouts on it. And the obvious "Demo is OP" laments from the pubbies.

1-D_FTW

Had a fun game a couple days ago. Not only did I finally get one of the watches unlocked, but I had a bad ass moment while medicing a guy on badwater. Almost as soon as I hit my uber, a ton of enemies come from around a corner... including an uber pyro-medic combo.

Anyways, this smartass pyro separates me from my target and starts juggling me. I can't escape. He juggles me all the way up the stairs and into one of those houses. So I have 3 guys chasing me through the doorway just as my (and their) ubers wear off and I finally escape his juggle.

As soon as it does, I start firing the medic gun at this column. I'm not exactly sure what else killed them, but they all die and the screen lights up with 1 kill and 2 assist kills. I retreat to safety and type LOL.

Never witnessed such a backfire in my entire time of playing TF2.

Davidion

Good games last night...somewhat. Our game fell apart on goldrush once that x.x clan left but we at least salvaged the last point to come out on top. I liked those guys, incessantly annoying to play against but they seemed nice, which is all that really matters.

Good to see GAFfers; their skins still yields nicely to bullets, chars nicely with a light crisp.

Firestorm

I wasn't planning to do this but I've got a few messages asking me if there'll be a GAF game tonight. So why not. Same as last night because people living on EST are babies and don't want to play at 9PM PST.

6:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM EST.
66.55.149.224:27015

So in 1 hour.

TP

New Update

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Engine

Fixed Day of Defeat: Source server crash when loading dod_jagd.

Team Fortress 2

Added a "Discard" button to the item pickup panel.

Added a backstab custom death animation to the Heavy.

Changed default for tf_arena_use_queue to 1. This was the original behavior prior to the last update.

Changed the Dead Ringer so it can be activated while carrying the flag.

Increased the Force-A-Nature's damage by 10%.

Fixed not being able to reflect arrows with the Flamethrower.

Fixed The Huntsman drawing a muzzle flash under lagged conditions.

Fixed the background color of the Spy disguise panel not always matching his disguise team.

Fixed idle players being kicked when the server has tf_arena_use_queue set to 0.

Fixed Spies not being able to sap a building if an enemy player was colliding with the building.

Fixed getting a real target ID on an enemy Spy that's disguised as one of your teammates if you are disguised as an enemy.

Fixed the Ambassador not shooting enemy sticky bombs.

Fixed Spies being able to automatically cloak after uncloaking at the moment of a weapon switch.

Fixed Jarate instantly exploding when thrown in some places, like the final area of Badwater.

Fixed spectators not having their items removed when they enter spectator mode.

Fixed Sniper "civilian" exploit where players could crash the server.

Fixed a couple of cases where viable backstabs would fail.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=440

1-D_FTW

There isn't anyway to disable stats being shown is there?

I reset mine hoping it would fix the fubar'ed state of things not recording, and it didn't fix anything. So I reset again. Thought it was doing okay, but little while ago my game completely locked up and when I rebooted I lost 95 percent of my stats.

I wouldn't really care if I didn't have to stare at them while loading, or if I wasn't in a constant loop of setting new records because things won't stick.

MNC

Fixed getting a real target ID on an enemy Spy that's disguised as one of your teammates if you are disguised as an enemy.

Damn, this was my way of counter-espionage :lol

firex

I just played on a really shitty server. how do I know it's shitty? I hit random, got engineer, which I hate playing, so I just ran around dropping level 1 sentries and killing people with my shotgun. I wound up with like 4 dominations.

SyNapSe

I just added gaf, although I thought I had played there before. Anyway, gonna play something else for a bit and see what kind of game is going on there.

Fixed Sniper "civilian" exploit where players could crash the server.

Were civilian Snipers really crashing servers? I'd think people would hate them more if they did, but I've seen videos even recently where people just laugh them off.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i finally had the chance to try out Team Fortress 2 during the weekend, the performance was pretty bad in my PC which i suspect is because of my lack of RAM (i have 512MB). Anyway even tough it didn't ran so well the game was awesome, i can definitely see why people play for many hours. Too bad i suck most of the time :lol

1-D_FTW

I need to plan game nights better. I was playing for 4 hours when I finally joined. And because TF2 is the one game I don't blink enough when I play, my eyes were killing me. The burn. Wish a pyro could give an air blast to that.

Blizzard

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Fun games tonight guys. The Huntsman is so fun to use! It reminds me of the bows from Zelda :lol
I'm glad you like it, I'm bad at it especially up close with scouts and pyros dancing left and right. Too bad protomila doesn't know how to use it. :D

Cheeto

Ysiadmihi said:
Fun games tonight guys. The Huntsman is so fun to use! It reminds me of the bows from Zelda :lol
Most satisfying weapon ever...I don't care if I don't contribute to the team using it... I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom