• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Javaman said:
Yep! I'm home for the night. JavaJR #2 and the wify are doing great. He was born at 1am this morning at a massive weight of 9lbs 2oz. Better her then me haahahaa. I'll post some pictures later tomorrow. Anyone good at photoshop? I'd kill for a engineer baby outfit.
Congrats!

Sibylus

Banned
I finally got the OMGWTFBBQ achievement for Pyro, it was on an enemy Heavy that was looking to get his own taunt kill on the starting gates for Badwater Basin.

I was ubercharged in the second I got the kill, but I was too excited and wasted most of it :lol

Won

Man, the Scout achievements are hard. Got all the Sniper stuff and I'm one achievement away from the 3rd Spy item, but Scout? Nothing....got only five achievements so far. :(

I'm also not feeling the Cloak and Dagger so far. :/

Firestorm

Javaman said:
Yep! I'm home for the night. JavaJR #2 and the wify are doing great. He was born at 1am this morning at a massive weight of 9lbs 2oz. Better her then me haahahaa. I'll post some pictures later tomorrow. Anyone good at photoshop? I'd kill for a engineer baby outfit.
Congrats Java :D You could always be the engineer of the family. Wife a pyro. 7 kids for the other classes.

2 down, 5 to go =)

Javaman

fallengorn said:
The Sniper is going to be a messy one.

Tell me about it. I came within inches of being "Jaratied" during his first diaper change. His first BM took a while to clean up and he unleashed the yellow fury midway through. :lol

Lumine

Lame. I had all the hats multiple times, even removed a few because I had too many! And no I didn't visit any idle/achievement servers or whatever. They're all gone now though. Launched the game the other day and only one spy hat is left. No idea why this has happened and I'm not too bothered because they're just hats... but still, it's lame.

1-D_FTW

Lumine said:
Lame. I had all the hats multiple times, even removed a few because I had too many! And no I didn't visit any idle/achievement servers or whatever. They're all gone now though. Launched the game the other day and only one spy hat is left. No idea why this has happened and I'm too bothered because they're just hats... but still, it's lame.

I've always wondered if the system was mistakenly awarding everyone else's unlocks to a few people. Maybe Valve decided to give the hats back to their "rightful" owners.:lol No way you should have gotten multiples of everything when most people don't have one... unless the system is completely glitched.

What's the deal? A bunch of my stats rolled back, had a great run with Spy that I was particularly proud of and now my points have reverted back. It's weird because the stats "stuck" for at least 2-3 days before I even noticed that it was rolled back. Does this happen often?

1-D_FTW

MisterAnderson said:
What's the deal? A bunch of my stats rolled back, had a great run with Spy that I was particularly proud of and now my points have reverted back. It's weird because the stats "stuck" for at least 2-3 days before I even noticed that it was rolled back. Does this happen often?

I was stuck in rollback hell for a while. Reset hoping it would fix things. Didn't. Reset again. Didn't. But I haven't noticed any rolls back in a week or two, so maybe my particular issues have finally been solved.

Javaman

Little and big brother.
idrde0.jpg

Mommy and JavaJr #2. (She'd kill me if she knew I posted this LOL)
27yqr20.jpg

Moments before Jarate
2ntempe.jpg

Ahhooo, Gross. RUNNNNN
xfvl76.jpg

1-D_FTW

Those are some cute pictures. Congrats, Java!

1-D_FTW said:
I was stuck in rollback hell for a while. Reset hoping it would fix things. Didn't. Reset again. Didn't. But I haven't noticed any rolls back in a week or two, so maybe my particular issues have finally been solved.

And I just loaded it and they're rolled back. Everything but soldier and medic this time. Pyro and scout are down to 1 point. The rest are at 0.

1-D_FTW

Anyone know what the problem is with the new release? It's been half an hour since I downloaded the TF2 update, and there still aren't any servers I can play on.

The servers who haven't updated, give the invalid water message. Circle-X went down a while ago and hasn't gone back. Even tried Valve's official servers (since they had 0 players, figured they were updated) and was given the message of invalid player classes.

I've never seen the servers be down this long after an update.

The update won't even download for me. A Steam update came out, I installed it, now I'm told "steam has found a problem with your local games blah blah blah" and it looks like I need to download the whole game again :mad:

Weenerz

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
The update won't even download for me. A Steam update came out, I installed it, now I'm told "steam has found a problem with your local games blah blah blah" and it looks like I need to download the whole game again :mad:

Same thing happened to me, bah!

rass

TheGreatDave said:
Change your download server in Steam's settings to Germany. Fixed it for me.
thanks for that, fixed mine too (same problem, in australia)
edit: actually, it didn't fix it :(

Sibylus

Banned
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2, and Portal have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2, Episode 1 & 2, and Portal

Added support for the Novint Falcon

General

Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models

Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating

Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players

Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time

Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)

Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change

Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons

Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser

Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future

Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests

Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players

Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically

Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper

Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement

Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it

Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage

The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you

Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy

Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask

Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker

Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play

Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

Lots of good stuff here. That Novint Falcon peripheral must be catching on, eh?

iam.rass said:
thanks for that, fixed mine too (same problem, in australia)
edit: actually, it didn't fix it :(
I tried it as well and it didn't work. :/

Edit: This fixed it for me. From the official forums:
The Root of the Problem

The problem appears to be caused by one of the gcf files not updating or even downloading, which is:

multiplayer ob binaries.gcf

Go to directory steam>steamapps, locate file name above and delete it then restart steam. Should work fine.

Blizzard

Banned
Lots of semi-major changes there...sounds like the cloak and dagger got slightly buffed, slightly nerfed. I wonder how often crit arrows will come out? I want to see the trail!

No knockback on disguised spies is going to be annoying...

Also, Java, it's funny to see a picture of you...you basically fit what you seem like in game, a cheerful engineer type. :lol

Davidion

:lol Java the proud daddy! Congrats again man.

Botolf said:
Lots of good stuff here. That Novint Falcon peripheral must be catching on, eh?

I'm actually really looking forward to trying it; I wonder how well it controls.

Javaman

Davidion said:
:lol Java the proud daddy! Congrats again man.

I'm actually really looking forward to trying it; I wonder how well it controls.

I can't shake the feeling that it would be hell on my arm if used for more then a couple of minutes. Is there a place to rest your hand or is it just free floating the whole time?

MNC

Awesome. Lots of polishing as well, like the spy flickering when uncloaked. Makes the game feel much better somehow. And Dead Ringer buff is welcome :D

1-D_FTW

Does anyone else never see arrows in the air? I know Valve hates my ISP, but I've heard someone else mention it and wondered how common it was?

Was playing a game the other night where we completely wiped the other team. Teammates were chatting how bad their snipers were. At the end of the match, a guy on the other team said they had 9 snipers, hard to believe they lost.

I commented how I just thought they had a couple good snipers. People thought I was insane. But, hey, I'd turn a corner and bam. Dead. See the death symbol of a sniper. It's not like I could see all the arrows that were missing (like a normal player could.)

Firestorm

I've been playing on this server a lot lately: 66.150.164.55:27015
If anyone feels like getting on a server that has a good chance of using mic for teamwork, it's a nice one to add to favourites. I think it's in Vancouver as my ping is insanely low there.

Davidion

Javaman said:
I can't shake the feeling that it would be hell on my arm if used for more then a couple of minutes. Is there a place to rest your hand or is it just free floating the whole time?

Freefloat. however, there is a specific gun grip that will allow your hand to work sideways.

With a whole barrage of complimentary reviews from all over, it sure piques the old interest, that's for sure.

1-D_FTW

Is the Novint Falcon even in production anymore? I know Valve has had the support in beta for a while (so I'm not surprised it was finally released), but I don't think it signals anything.

I was looking at prices a couple months ago to see if they dropped. There were few places even stocking it anymore. So I went to the official website and they didn't even have anything in stock. Was thinking maybe they were gonna intro a new model at E3, but if they did, it's news to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom