• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheeto said:
Most satisfying weapon ever...I don't care if I don't contribute to the team using it... I love it.

Half the time I play now I don't give a damn about winning or advancing objectives, I just want to pin people to the wall.

SyNapSe

I tried to play last night..a bunch of peepz!. My mouse quit working so I end tasked and pulled and plugged it back in. Rejoined GAF server but it quit again a few mins later and I just shut down.

Dunno what the deal is, it's been happening a bit recently. I am running multiple machines off a KVM but its been running for years and I haven't noticed anything until recent. I'll try to join now, I guess.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It's always a nice compliment to receive in mid-game your team go "man our Medics are doing such a good job at the moment" and then they quip later "wait, there's only one Medic?"

156piz9.png

^ Java's sentry glitched out after some lag in F7 tonight. It looked fine to him, so I capped what I was seeing for posterity. Crazy.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
What happens if i reset my stats? do i lose my achievements and their progress as well? or is it just my stats like kills that get reset?

Capndrake

Gexecuter said:
What happens if i reset my stats? do i lose my achievements and their progress as well? or is it just my stats like kills that get reset?
You'll keep achieved achievements, any achievements with "progress" (Like get 1000 kills) will be reset to 0 (Obviously not if you already got all 1000 kills).

Javaman

PotatoeMasher said:
156piz9.png

^ Java's sentry glitched out after some lag in F7 tonight. It looked fine to him, so I capped what I was seeing for posterity. Crazy.

:lol Wow, that's awesome! It was definitely correct on my computer as was the hitbox. It's too bad it wasn't real, those Blue guys were tearing us up big time.

Normally I only upgrade that spot to level 2 so the top isn't exposed as much to cliff side shooters.

How do you add the ping and FPS counters to the bottom of your screen?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Capndrake said:
You'll keep achieved achievements, any achievements with "progress" (Like get 1000 kills) will be reset to 0 (Obviously not if you already got all 1000 kills).

Oh i see, thanks for answering.

Davidion

Capndrake said:

The achievements reset too? Whoops! :x

I'm having problems starting TF2. The game was working fine since launch, but now, when I try to launch the game, all I get is the Valve splash screen. After that the window shuts down and the game does not start. I've tried everything (reinstalled steam/tf2/checked cache intergrity) to try and correct it but the issue remains the same. I start it up, I get the splash screen and than the game shuts down.

I've checked the net and the only issue I found that was similiar was corrected after the person updated his gpu driver and reinstalled steam. Thing is, I have an x1950 pro and that card is now legacy with ati. I still don't understand why the game wont start though, since I had no issues with the card before (I was able to play when the sniper/scout update was released). Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Also, the game currently starts in windowed mode and I don't know how to get it to start in fullscreen mode. Don't know if that could be the issue.

Edit2: Found the issue, seems like TF2 doesn't allow me to start the game in windowed mode when mpc is playing, while using dual screens. Weird.

Sibylus

Banned
Ran into a nightmare child tonight on one of HaL's servers (216.40.208.84:27015).

Wouldn't stop talking? Check.
Would read text addressed to him into the mic? Check.
Threatened to ban people who killed him? Check.
Threatened to ban people for paying him the slightest insult? Check.
Misspelled ban as "bane" on his first attempt? Check.
Kept trumpeting that his father was a server admin? Check.

The funny thing is that that last one is actually true. That parent apparently thought he could be trusted with some special powers. Apparently this trust was premature.

Kicked people for getting frustrated with him and insulting him? Check.

And because I'm a vengeful bastard, I'm naming names: Bilbo Hutch ±PGD ± . Bail out immediately if you see him in a HaL. Absolutely terrible server presence with a hardon for shouting his special powers and the fact that his daddy is a server admin.

dorkimoe

Couple questions.

I have been dominating people with the sniper. Had 14 kill streak where 12 were headshots etc

Why would I want to use the huntsman? I have it but haven't even tried it yet. What are the positives versus the sniper?

Also, the sandman. I got that and tried it, but the cooldown is crazy, how come some people seem to be able to hit me with 2 baseballs before i can even shoot 1?

Also what server does most gaf play on?

dorkimoe said:
Couple questions.

I have been dominating people with the sniper. Had 14 kill streak where 12 were headshots etc

Why would I want to use the huntsman? I have it but haven't even tried it yet. What are the positives versus the sniper?

Also, the sandman. I got that and tried it, but the cooldown is crazy, how come some people seem to be able to hit me with 2 baseballs before i can even shoot 1?

Also what server does most gaf play on?
1. Because it's fun. Really though, you can shoot 125dmg arrows about every second without having to pull off anything too amazing. If you do manage to pull off something amazing, you'll be dishing out 1HKO like crazy. Basically, the huntsman's potential dps is much higher. As far as competence with either weapon...i'm with you, I average 3 or so k/d with the regular rifle but can barely break 1.5 with the huntsman.
2. If you pick up any baseball lying around,like the one you just threw, the bar fills up.

dorkimoe

PillowKnight said:
1. Because it's fun. Really though, you can shoot 125dmg arrows about every second without having to pull off anything too amazing. If you do manage to pull off something amazing, you'll be dishing out 1HKO like crazy. Basically, the huntsman's potential dps is much higher. As far as competence with either weapon...i'm with you, I average 3 or so k/d with the regular rifle but can barely break 1.5 with the huntsman.
2. If you pick up any baseball lying around,like the one you just threw, the bar fills up.

1) maybe ill give it a shot. How much does lighting them on fire increase damage?
2) awesome! thanks

That's awesome of them, but I can't help but wonder about the upcoming flood of "2Fort with three small changes" maps going to flood sites. And probably plenty of people who'll just rip the top of the bridge off to make it more like TFC and hell for anyone who's not a Sniper.

You're_Invited_Words[1].png

Unless I have a terrible evening, I'll finally get Pyromancer tonight. I'm sitting at 998,000+, so it won't take many rounds of LMB+W to get there. That's a lot of fire spam, so I'm mighty excited.

firex

wow. I got bored of that around the halfway point, I think? I forget. kind of sad to have every pyro achievement except that one, when I think about it.

Won

Finally got my PC working again (I hope at least) and completely forgot how addicting that damn game is. :lol

3 weapon/achievement sets to catch up, wooooo!

Got the bow and the new revolver so far. Both are awesome. The bow seemed a bit worthless at first, but after pinning a Scout at the wall of the second CP on badlands I don't think I'm going back. ^^

Revolver is made of win and awesome of course, but haven't played much Spy today.

Oh and Scout sucks!!11....Got only 1 achievements so far. Feels like I need the new stuff before I start rockin again with him.

Won said:
Finally got my PC working again (I hope at least) and completely forgot how addicting that damn game is. :lol

3 weapon/achievement sets to catch up, wooooo!

Got the bow and the new revolver so far. Both are awesome. The bow seemed a bit worthless at first, but after pinning a Scout at the wall of the second CP on badlands I don't think I'm going back. ^^

Revolver is made of win and awesome of course, but haven't played much Spy today.

Oh and Scout sucks!!11....Got only 1 achievements so far. Feels like I need the new stuff before I start rockin again with him.
Learn to use his force-a-nature when you get it, you will never go back to the old shotgun he has. It's push is so handy in flag captures and knocking back a pyro, also it had a 10% dmg boost last update so now it really hurts point blank.

dorkimoe

BigKaboom2 said:
You might have some luck running up to the enemy's spawn door and spamming it repeatedly hoping someone comes out. :lol

i dunno how that would kill them

and for the others, apparently i need to get a kill then taunt right away

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't see any news (and I hope Javaman doesn't hate me for posting this here), but Java's wife went into labor last night -- he sent me a Steam message before heading off. So hopefully by now Java 2.0 has been born. :D

dorkimoe said:
i dunno how that would kill them

and for the others, apparently i need to get a kill then taunt right away
Nah, there are certain taunts that can kill people. Go pyro and switch to shotgun then taunt - you'll throw out a hadouken that kills anyone in one hit but obviously has a long startup to it. And there are other taunt kills like the spy's knife taunt and heavy's fists taunt.

dorkimoe

BigKaboom2 said:
Nah, there are certain taunts that can kill people. Go pyro and switch to shotgun then taunt - you'll throw out a hadouken that kills anyone in one hit but obviously has a long startup to it. And there are other taunt kills like the spy's knife taunt and heavy's fists taunt.

got it, just youtubed it. ill mess around with it later

Javaman

Blizzard said:
I didn't see any news (and I hope Javaman doesn't hate me for posting this here), but Java's wife went into labor last night -- he sent me a Steam message before heading off. So hopefully by now Java 2.0 has been born. :D

Yep! I'm home for the night. JavaJR #2 and the wify are doing great. He was born at 1am this morning at a massive weight of 9lbs 2oz. Better her then me haahahaa. I'll post some pictures later tomorrow. Anyone good at photoshop? I'd kill for a engineer baby outfit.

firex

dorkimoe said:
so sneak up on a sniper, taunt then kill him?
for pyro, you taunt with shotgun/flare gun. for sniper, taunt with huntsman. for spy, taunt with knife. for the heavy, taunt with the fists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom