• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

The C&D really isn't that great for "permanent" invisibility because 1) you are easily seen through when it's at 0 power and 2) you can't move very far at all while cloaked. It's very good for avoiding being spy checked and sneaking past enemy lines but spy is so risk/reward that they don't need any more nerfs. Also Dead Ringer puts out the initial fire, but if you seriously keep firing for 10ms or so after you hit a DR spy, he'll still be burning while cloaked and easy to chase down. DR is just good for dealing with spy checks and that's about it, plus it completely gives you away when your cloak runs out unless you can retreat far enough that nobody hears you (good luck with that on all but the biggest of maps).

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So I just played this for the first time since the Heavy pack was released. I'm missing so much stuff it's annoying. I wish I could get all the stuff for free...or at least make the achievements easier. :(

NameGenerated said:
So I just played this for the first time since the Heavy pack was released. I'm missing so much stuff it's annoying. I wish I could get all the stuff for free...or at least make the achievements easier. :(
Depending on which class you're doing, there's usually enough farmable achievements to get to the third milestone real fast, as long as you can get some chump to help you out (or more preferably someone who doesn't have them already).

firex

NameGenerated said:
Scout/Spy/Sniper achievements are pretty easy, in the sense that you can get them by playing the class naturally. All 3 really do just require you to learn to play the classes/be good at them for most of the achievements. The others can be more specific and annoying, like I had to purposely empty my minigun as a heavy to get the "kill a guy with your shotgun when your minigun is out of ammo" achievement.

MNC

[-]September 2, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed "not on camera object" particle effects appearing while spectating in-eyes, and not appearing when in thirdperson

Fixed inventory bug that caused some item pickups not to be shown

Added support for client explanations of backend inventory manipulation

derp derp

1-D_FTW

I'm finally gonna get a hat!

:( to the crafting duplicate items into desirable items. I don't get very many drops, but I did a purge the other day since all my items were default level and I thought maybe I'd increase my percentages if I cleaned some junk out.

Who am I kidding. Even at my lowly drop rate, I'll be full before that ever happens.

EDIT: I hope they give you a hat for your most played class. I won't feel special if I'm wearing the "Goodie Two Shoes" hat like the other 95%.

Better yet, let us pick one. Cause otherwise, I'm sensing a sniper hat in my future:lol

Hey a hat! Maybe this'll get me to turn on tf2 for the first time in forever.

PS: The people who say snipers aren't a credit to team are dead wrong.
PSS: Snipers are scum and should be taken out of the game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sniper Headshots are only 1.5 points now.

Backstabs are still 2

Sapper destructions are 1 (Not sure on teleporter, I still think it's 1 even though you get both)

I'd wear the Halo, but I would make a bigger sniper target :lol

Won

2vn013q.jpg

Awesome! :D

Lots of people obviously running around with it now. Hope they really increased the drop rate from the other stuff.

Yup, flagged for "cheating the inventory system." They took away... a second can of Bonk. And for some reason, a KGB that wouldn't ever stay in the slot I'd put it in. No halo for me. :lol

Should have just opened the program, gone to an idle server, and done the exact same thing. Well, who knows what retroactive "cheating" punishment they'll think up for that.

Saige

I must do better.
So 3 of my 4 hats are gone, I’m left with my least favourite hate (the demo fro), but worst of all almost all my weapons have been deleted.

I have earned all the new weapons legitimately through the achievements and real play time but ended up deleting the originals well clearing out by backpack or keeping higher level versions of them during that item level glitch period. So now I have to wait to get my weapons back as I can no longer get them through achievements since I have already completed the milestone achievements.

Well back to idling in real servers for the time being to get my shit back, Thanks Valve.

Hylian7

I got my halo! Got it about 20 minutes after I started playing, and it happened when I was talking about it to some of my fellow team members. Thank you Valve!

Saige

I must do better.
If you want epic meltdowns just go to the steampowerd forums. Well i looking through some of the hilarious threads I found this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955086

I to agree with some of the guys points, aside from the whole rethinking of buying any Valve game from now on just cause I’m not that crazy and petty.

Again I’m not pissed about the hats, it’s the weapons. Valve can see through my achievements that I have completed all the milestone achievements so they know I have earned all the weapons in a way that they would be happy with, but they still deleted them from my backpack since I must have deleted the originals.
All I wanted from Valve was for them to look and see if I had legitimately earned any of the items I had in my backpack before mass deleting them and let me keep one of every item I had earned through achievements or real play time.

Boonoo

Ha bummer--lost my beanie, razorback and huntsman. Oh well. Not too crazy about the Halo. Maybe I can get the Viking hat in game now!
It's also pretty funny that they made a hat just to spite idlers.

Twig

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:
Yessss, this is how I like it!

I think it was bullshit to accuse me of cheating (I still stand by everything I said on the last page!) but I'm not upset about it. I am entertained by those upset, though. Teehee.

(I might be upset if the "non-cheater" hat was something I wanted. Like the soldier medal. ;_;)

Glad to hear they increased the drop rate, though! I wonder how "significant" it really is though. O:

1-D_FTW

Hazaro said:
Sniper Headshots are only 1.5 points now.

Backstabs are still 2

Sapper destructions are 1 (Not sure on teleporter, I still think it's 1 even though you get both)

I'd wear the Halo, but I would make a bigger sniper target :lol

Really? Ha-ha. Halo and point nerfing for the sniper? "Today is a good day."

Boonoo

Saige said:
Again I’m not pissed about the hats, it’s the weapons. Valve can see through my achievements that I have completed all the milestone achievements so they know I have earned all the weapons in a way that they would be happy with, but they still deleted them from my backpack since I must have deleted the originals.
All I wanted from Valve was for them to look and see if I had legitimately earned any of the items I had in my backpack before mass deleting them and let me keep one of every item I had earned through achievements or real play time.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I must have found all the spy weapons and the jarate in game, and miraculously didn't delete those exact items, because I still haven't done those achievements but kept the items.

Sibylus

Banned
Re the achievement weapons: Did you delete the original achievement weapons after you idled and found a higher level weapon to replace it with? That could be it.

Ezduo

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Bah! I only used it one day to try it out. Maybe if all the items found were immediately deleted they won't be able to track it?
I'm curious of this too. I used the program for at most four hours and all I got were duplicates which I immediately deleted. Haven't used it since (and this was a week ago god dammit, if I'd just been a little more patient). I haven't gotten any message either.

Saige

I must do better.
Botolf said:
Re the achievement weapons: Did you delete the original achievement weapons after you idled and found a higher level weapon to replace it with? That could be it.
Yeah that’s exactly what I did. I think Vlave just didn’t understand how impossible it was to tell your original weapon from those you got through idling. Before the level glitch they had the same level so you can’t tell them apart from that, and often I would check my backpack to find up to five of the same item so the chances of accidental deletion were high.

firex

I deleted all but one of my extras too, but I didn't lose anything I had unlocked before. I guess because I mostly deleted stuff I got duplicates of playing the game before the idler, and had the idler set to delete any other duplicates, and never got higher level stuff that way either. So I guess if I really want the KGB/Razorback I can just go play those crappy classes to get their final milestones, but since I don't like either class, no thanks!

Still kind of bored of the regular game... I don't know, I think I'm just burned out. If I wanted to devote my whole life to playing it I would probably have more "fun" because I could beat more people, but it honestly feels like playing TF2 is as bad of a grind as playing some MMOs sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom