• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Oh, and I turned off multicore rendering

Didn't do shit. Valve dun goofed. Need update.
Multicore Rendering in TF2 has always been kind of broken. I haven't really have seen any compelling evidence that it actually does anything for fps.

Patch incoming...

Fixed a server crash that could occur if TFBots were used across map changes
Fixed a client crash caused by weapons with attached models
Fixed a material system crash
Fixed a client crash with dynamic model loading
Fixed a few backpack images not drawing correctly
Fixed listen servers sometimes not authenticating with Steam (not being able to use Offline Practice)
Fixed the "itemtest" command
Fixed players not being able to access their backpack loadout
Updated the localization files

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kulock said:
Patch incoming...
Ah that's why I can't launch. Wow...really poor timing. Pending Portal 2 release along with everyone connected to Valve to release Portal 2 early along with a critical patch that is needed to get this damn game running...

Kuro Madoushi said:
SpyiperDude88

edit: Oh right. If you guys like my new avatar and want a custom-made one. All offers should be directed to Artistdude88 and NOT ScientistDude88 (which is apparently the opposite?!)

Yesssss, will draw for Steam games!

Yay for patch with crash fixes!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are the item servers down, or am I now infected with some "Can't access Loadout" bug.

Edit: Yeah, it looks like it was just down for a few minutes.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Awesome photo with my DUDE :D

Great games everyone tonight (well, except that both Egypt and Hoodoo were pretty bad rolls haha)

56B897B12C0442545813574C8F4646294AF15D18

Well, looks like that patch solved all my crashing problems! But now I have a slight case of the video stutters. But I haven't updated my video drivers in a long time, so I should probably do that and check again, lol.

whel i'm getting it from an indian site for 14$ be it a few days later than on steam...also these huge ass updates on tf2 are killing me...was only away for like 2-3 days & i have to download like 9gb updates :S

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
ArtistDude88 said:
Well, looks like that patch solved all my crashing problems! But now I have a slight case of the video stutters. But I haven't updated my video drivers in a long time, so I should probably do that and check again, lol.

Nah, I have the stutter now too. It's just Valve being shitty still.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Clydefrog said:
I know people make fun of others using bad graphics/resolution, but that's just downright pathetic right there.

Looks like Ultima Underworld.
2Ztr3.jpg

Ha, pretty close. We were getting shot at by a rocket though which is why it looks extra shitty. Usually my screenshots aren't thattttt bad :(

Drkirby said:
Nope, not at this time.
Evidently, I have learned that most hats do not transfer either, the Drill Hat being one of the ones you can't transfer :(

However, the Master's Yellow Belt, Mann Co Hat and Vintage Tyrolean do transfer, so I have those to enjoy :)

So far these are the hats that transfer
- Mann Co Hat
- [Classified]
- Vintage Tyrolean
- Master's Yellow Belt
- Tyrant's Helm
- Beanie
- Fedora
- Tavish's Crown

+ probably some more we just haven't found out

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Heavy's Sandvich said:
The potato hat transfers as well.

It also has a different name.
Yep, which is why I expect an update in TF2 to change its name. Today Valve will likely wrap up the ARG with some official word on it, and if we are lucky maybe divvy out some other rewards.

Here are officially all of the TF2 hats in the game
http://www.p2items.com/allitems.php

Blog Post
All of us here on the TF2 team have been asking to play Portal 2 for months now.

"Go away," the Portal guys told us. "You'll just try to put hats in it."

"Whaaattttt?" we said. "That's—psshhhh. If anything, we'll probably tell you to take some hats out of the game."

"There are no hats in the game."

After this, there was an awkward ten-minute silence while all of on the TF2 team stared at the Portal guys, waiting for them to start laughing. Instead, they just told us to go away again. That's when we realized: with so little time left before release, we couldn't afford to waste any time playing the game. We had to fix it. Now. So late last night we snuck into the Portal 2 source code and copy/pasted some hats into it.

You're welcome, Portal 2 team.

Today, we pass the fruits of our clandestine game-saving labor onto you, the hat-loving public (or as you're more commonly known, the public). If you own any of the following hats in Team Fortress 2, you'll be able to equip them on your Cooperative Testing Initiative robots in Portal 2:

Mann Co. Cap
Prince Tavish's Crown
Pyro's Beanie
Fancy Fedora
Master's Yellow Belt
Tyrant's Helm
If you've been on the fence up until now—and who could blame you—you've finally got a reason to buy Portal 2. Courtesy of Team Fortress 2. The best game that Valve makes with a "2" on the end.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman said:
Don't feel bad, the game is absolutely horrible.

lol, no
Argh...and I was looking on my friend's list for people who normally buy games who would've wanted to get in a two pack with me too...

lol, shaddap

I'm... in a difficult situation

I don't like the way the Master's Yellow Belt looks on Sniper. I want the Larrikin Robin, because I generally use the Hunstman.

But the Master's Yellow Belt looks awesome on P-Body and is my favorite Portal 2 hat.

So do I trade it for a Robin, or do I keep it to make P-Body look awesome?

Forkball

MatthewB92 said:
No one has time for poor old TF2.
Well Portal 2 came out today. A lot of people have already beat it though, and the multiplayer seems to be somewhat limited. I'm not sure how fun it would be to go through it multiple times since you already know all the solutions. So I think the GAF TF2 games will pick up once everyone's played the shit out of Portal 2.

Also PORTAL 2 OH MY GOD

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been on TF2. Still quite a lot of people. Though the GAF server had about 10 people only.

Fucking Artistdude and his fucking shovel. I'LL GET YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :mad:

I took a break from Portal 2 (amazing, btw) and played some Team Fortress 2 last night. It was a lot of fun, especially when there were 5 out of 6 players running around as scouts with baseball bats. BTW, not a fan of that Egypt map.

Awesome Animals said:
I took a break from Portal 2 (amazing, btw) and played some Team Fortress 2 last night. It was a lot of fun, especially when there were 5 out of 6 players running around as scouts with baseball bats. BTW, not a fan of that Egypt map.
Egypt is pretty great for Spy and Soldier, Scouts not so much. Mostly because the high number of engineer that are always in those maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom