• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO I'm now downloading a patch with a size of - I kid you not - 3.5GB!! and the changes are:

-Fixed a crash on startup for Mac clients
-Fixed class names/descriptions not showing up on the class menu
-Fixed a bug that allowed the Crit-a-Cola to be used repeatedly with no cooldown
-Fixed the character loadout panel not animating at the correct rate
-Fixed the Sticky Jumper and the Stickybomb Launcher using the wrong skins
-Updated the Grimm Hatte and the Pyromancer's Mask with changes from the community creators
-Added more instructions to the Engineer training regarding metal resources
-Added new styles to the Troublemaker's Tossle Cap

Really?! Downloading WoW requires 3.2GB!!! This is just silly...

RoaringHawk said:
SO I'm now downloading a patch with a size of - I kid you not - 3.5GB!! and the changes are:

-Fixed a bug that allowed the Crit-a-Cola to be used repeatedly with no cooldown
-Updated the Grimm Hatte and the Pyromancer's Mask with changes from the community creators

Unless you are like 20 patches behind your wrong. Last nights patch was like 100 MB's or something.

RoaringHawk said:

That's not the size that patch was, it was more like... 90 MB I think (I cleared it out). The problem is if you let a couple of patches back up, or something goes weird in the patching process, it wants to redownload... well, I don't think it's the whole thing, but a huge chunk of it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ArtistDude88 said:
My cousin also had a 2 or 3gb patch for TF2 the other day. Must of been a glitch in the Matrix.
Yeah, happens every now and then. Almost every update someone will cry on the SPUF that the update was more then a gig.

Forkball

So it seems all backpacks are down as well as the Mann Co. Store. Radical.

[edit] Seems to be Steam server maintainence, they announced it on SPUF. Complaint withdrawn.

Internet is all gone to hell! My ping has recently become shit. Amazon is flaking out with their servers. Mann Co store. Load-out unavailable. Aaargh.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
speculawyer said:
Internet is all gone to hell! My ping has recently become shit. Amazon is flaking out with their servers. Mann Co store. Load-out unavailable. Aaargh.

Yeah you were on with like 270 ping the other night. You must be some l33t ass sniper to play like that! :D

Is anyone else's TF2 getting glitchy?

I'm not talking about crashes. An hour ago I somehow opened the MOTD, but it got stuck on the screen. I can aim and shot but I can't see anything unless I hold tab. No other key works. I can't press Escape to access the menu. I can't click on any button to close MOTD.

Then a moment ago I opened up the text chat but I can't type anything. There's no cursor in the typing box. I can still shoot and swap weapons but I can't aim. I can't enter any text, can't press Escape either.

Both of those times forced me to restart TF2. So annoying.

Wolf Akela said:
Is anyone else's TF2 getting glitchy?

I'm not talking about crashes. An hour ago I somehow opened the MOTD, but it got stuck on the screen. I can aim and shot but I can't see anything unless I hold tab. No other key works. I can't press Escape to access the menu. I can't click on any button to close MOTD.

Then a moment ago I opened up the text chat but I can't type anything. There's no cursor in the typing box. I can still shoot and swap weapons but I can't aim. I can't enter any text, can't press Escape either.

Both of those times forced me to restart TF2. So annoying.

happened to me too.

with these 1-4 gigs of updates every other day i would like to know just what in the hell are they doing ?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MentallyCritical said:
happened to me too.

with these 1-4 gigs of updates every other day i would like to know just what in the hell are they doing ?
They have been 100 MB. If you are having 1 to 4 GB updates every time, I would suggest doing a clean install of the game. It is one thing for it to happen once in a while, but repeatilly downloading far more then it should is a sign that something is likely off.

Drkirby said:
They have been 100 MB. If you are having 1 to 4 GB updates every time, I would suggest doing a clean install of the game. It is one thing for it to happen once in a while, but repeatilly downloading far more then it should is a sign that something is likely off.

i'll try a defrag first if that doesnt fix it i'll go for a re install.

my net speed is slow as it is...

yeoz

MentallyCritical said:
i'll try a defrag first if that doesnt fix it i'll go for a re install.

my net speed is slow as it is...
Instead of doing a reinstall, and if you happen to have disk space, do a "Backup Game Files", "Delete Local Content", and then restore TF2 using "Backup and Restore Steam Games".

Yeef

SourceMod is back up and running. The built-in voting is disabled since SourceMod's voting is superior.

I edited the full map list so that it lists all of the default maps then all of the custom maps rather than having them all interspersed.

Admins should also have access to fun commands (even though they did before). To clarify fun commands are located in the "Player Commands" menu. You can also use the console commands. sm_slay, sm_slap, sm_beacon, etc. For targeting you can either do a player's name (SourceMod will recognize partial names so sm_slay war will kill wartime assuming no one else has war in their name) or you can use @me, @blue, @red, @dead, @alive and @all to target groups. Obviously you shouldn't be doing any of this during a real game anyway, but you ought to know how to use it.

Also, would you guys prefer to stick with the new SILK codec (better quality) or go back to the old codec (allows for mic spam) until the HLDJ guys can get their stuff working somehow?

Anony

i'm gonna be on again
if anyone needs anything, trade whatever u want with me, as long as it's (minimal) one weapon (preferably scrap or 2+ weapons)

otherwise, i'm planning on scrapping everything soon

Oreoleo

MatthewB92 said:
Use the new codec. I normally mute mic spammers anyways.

Yeah, even if it's a regular doing it, mic spam (playing songs or whatever) is annoying like 90% of the time. I have no qualms waiting for HLDJ to get updated.

AcciDante

Orellio said:
Yeah, even if it's a regular doing it, mic spam (playing songs or whatever) is annoying like 90% of the time. I have no qualms waiting for HLDJ to get updated.
I normally don't mind it unless it's Yeef and he's playing entire songs extremely loudly!

Oreoleo

AcciDante said:
I normally don't mind it unless it's Yeef and he's playing entire songs extremely loudly!

The other night someone was playing some inoffensive techno song but then some annoying repetitive vocals came in and I was like "okay dude you need to stop" but I didn't realize it was my medic who was being generally awesome and ubering me a bunch and I instantly felt like a dick :(

But yeah, full length songs suck. I would like to communicate with my teammates plz.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Class : Heavy.
Map : Badwater
Kills : 31
Dominations : 5
Time of life ? 10min ~

Was undoubtedly the most amazing single life I've played in any online game ever.
How did I die ?
Backstabbed :(

Rubixcuba said:
Time of life ? 10min ~

Was undoubtedly the most amazing single life I've played in any online game ever.
How did I die ?
It wasn't a bot server right?

MatthewB92 said:
It wasn't a bot server right?

Just because he got good scores doesn't mean it was a bot server :(

I recently topped most of my stats as Engy by joining some pub server and they just could not kill me or my buildings on that ledge in Hoodoo. Kind of frustrating because I don't like Engy that much...

Some other gaffer was there too. I think it was Nikolai or Bacon :U

ArtistDude88 said:
Just because he got good scores doesn't mean it was a bot server :(

I recently topped most of my stats as Engy by joining some pub server and they just could not kill me or my buildings on that ledge in Hoodoo. Kind of frustrating because I don't like Engy that much...

Some other gaffer was there too. I think it was Nikolai or Bacon :U
Always have to ask. I remember once I was a spy on a bot server and got like 40 backstabs thinking I was on top of the world then I found out it was a bot server. I was so sad I reset my stats. ;(

MatthewB92 said:
Always have to ask. I remember once I was a spy on a bot server and got like 40 backstabs thinking I was on top of the world then I found out it was a bot server. I was so sad I reset my stats. ;(

I know that feeling. I've reset my stats 2 times from bots and dicking around in achievement servers :\

Blizzard

Banned
Rubixcuba said:
Time of life ? 10min ~

How did I die ?
Badwater is a good map to be offensive heavy on. Or to be 5 offensive heavies on.

Also, happy birthday mario.

How do you reset your stats? I was on a trade server and now my Spy points are 93 with 47 backstabs. >_>

Edit: Scratch that, is 79 points and 37 backstabs.

Blizzard

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
How do you reset your stats? I was on a trade server and now my Spy points are 93 with 47 backstabs. >_>

Edit: Scratch that, is 79 points and 37 backstabs.
Just remember that, though I'm not certain, I think resetting stats may also reset your achievements, in case you're someone who cares about things like the pyro 1,000,000 damage achievement.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The best micspam I came across was on a Saxton Hale server and this guy was playing old classics, stuff from the 30s-50s. Seemed to go perfectly with TF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom