• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Recorded a demo, but I forgot if you needed to have a video to report someone to be VAC banned.

As for why the other guy hasn't been banned yet, I always thought Valve did bannings like Microsoft does for Xbox Live; hit them all at once every couple of months to make it harder for the really clever ones to figure out how they misstepped.

corn_fest

Drkirby said:
Guy had an Aim bot too, but at that point it is hard to tell.

Took a picture from tonight
Whaa? Isn't CommodoreBluth a GAF server regular? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Also, is this the same guy you recorded a 30 minute video of and posted to SPUF a while ago?

Yeef

corn_fest said:
Whaa? Isn't CommodoreBluth a GAF server regular? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else...
Kirby is just not good at segues.

The picture and the rest of the post are unrelated.

corn_fest said:

Also, is this the same guy you recorded a 30 minute video of and posted to SPUF a while ago?
He isn't the hacker. Hacker came at like 2PM.

L00P

From the looks of this thread it seems like I'm not alone when it comes to the game crashing. Good to know, but I really hope they fix this >_<

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
corn_fest said:

Yeah, sorry, the two aren't related. That is just ":lol funny picture"

Crashing went away after I deleted local content and moved in the gcfs from my bootcamp partition. If you're crashing, try doing that or downloading the game.

I haven't played the game in six months or so, so there's no telling if my crash is new or not. Anyways, might start playing again as I transition from working fulltime + side work to going fulltime at the new gig in the next month.

Grimm Fandango said:
Just in case people wondering why it isn't crashing for me:

You're bragging about specs in the TF2 thread? My shitty P4 and 6800 GT ran it silky smooth three and a half years ago.

Bluth54

Nice picture Drkirby.

And thanks to everyone who jumped to my defense even though it wasn't necessary.

And for those of you who are having crashing issues try turning off multicore rendering. After the new update came out I couldn't play for more then half an hour without hl2.exe crashing, after turning it off today I played for 3 hours and the game didn't crash once.

Crash Fortress indeed. I'm not gonna play until they fix this crap.

Edit: I swear Javaman is the one who got most killed in that video, haha.

Bluth54

Clydefrog said:
Commodore Bluth killed someone?

i'm kiddin, buddy

Well to be fair it was Drkirby. ;)

Yeah everyone on our team was doing horrible that round. With that few people I really shouldn't of been going sniper, but I've just playing around with the sniper rifle (previously I've only used the huntsman) so I've been practicing with it as much as possible.
I've never been much of a sniper rifle person in any fps but I'm doing okay with it in TF2.

L00P said:
From the looks of this thread it seems like I'm not alone when it comes to the game crashing. Good to know, but I really hope they fix this >_<
If you have multicore rendering turned on try turning it off, that caused the game to stop crashing for me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can't help notice that while you got a crit rocket at high tower, you failed to stop Nob from pushing the cart up the hill. For shame.

leroidys

I'm bored so I'm going to outline some changes I would like for the weapons.

Slight Tweaks

Crusader's Crossbow Lower the damage, make it not dependant on range, but add a "plague", which would just be the medics version of burn or bleed. Maybe make it spread to other teammates on contact like TFC but go away when they grab a health pack, but maybe that would be too irritating. Anyway, a burn/plague stat for this would be cool and make it a more unique, viable weapon, and it would be a great nod to TFC.

Scottish Resistance I would like them to remove the ability to sticky jump with this weapon. This way you could lay down a minefield and blow up stickies as you retreat without blowing yourself up. As it is, this thing just doesn't compare to the sticky launcher because of the extra time it takes to detonate a nade, you just can't do any sort of close or medium-range combat with it.

Targe This weapon is a lot of fun, but it's just a lolweapon currently. Part of the problem is that it replaces the sticky launcher, which is currently the best weapon in the game bar none. Maybe if they gave a moderate degreaser-style quickswitch stat to this (not quite as fast as degreaser but a noticeable bump) it could make the demoknight setup slightly more than just a joke class that is fun to goof around with.

Bushwacka This weapon sucks. Snipers should be the weakest close range class in the game, but with the bushwacka + jarate they can one hit most classes by the time they make it to the sniper. It's just antithetical to what the sniper is supposed to be and it irritates me. The fire damage is not a sufficient downside because you will die to pyros at close range anyway. They should just reduce the base damage so you're not critting at 195, and they should also remove random crits from this weapon like with the demos melee weapons since it has a system for guaranteed crits. Or they could just change the fire vulnerability to 10% or 15% bullet vulnerability. I'd be fine with that too.

Sandman Since they have heavily nerfed stun time, they should allow it to stun ubers again.

Overhauls

Bonesaw Something to make it worthwhile. Lower damage and fire rate, implement short bonk-like stun on hit? Or maybe a fan-like knocback? Something to help the medic escape. It would be like the medics razorback (which the competitive community deems essentially worthless, but lots of people use it in pubs). It would let medics against non-expert opponents create some space to escape if their pocket collapses.

Kunai I know some experts have come out in favor of this, and I have watched their videos to try and find some strategy for it. The videos I see are essentially always just pros owning people in a pub. They chain stab a bunch of people, run away, and repeat, and the extra health almost never, ever plays into this. An argument supporters use is always "well if you're a skilled spy you shouldn't be getting hit anyway so the 60hp isn't that bad", but if HP doesn't matter for a spy, then why does an overheal outweigh this? You can't have it both ways, either more HP is good or it is pointless. I would like to see a complete stat change, maybe something like 75HP, but you run faster when the kunai is equipped or when you're cloaked or something like that.

Anyway, those are my ramblings. Obviously the overhauls have 0% chance of happening, and everything else has maybe .5%, but whatever.

Forkball

Yeah, I feel the Bushwacka shouldn't have random crits. The point of the weapon is that you get a bonus if you jarate someone, but why even go through the effort if you have a chance of doing the exact same damage but with less effort?

As for the Kunai, when the weapon first came out, the description made it sound like you stole the enemy's health i.e. if you stabbed a heavy at full health, your health would jump to 300. I think this would be an interesting change, but with downsides of course. Basically whatever health they had when you backstabbed them becomes your health. So if you stab a full health heavy, your health (not overheal) becomes 300. But if you then stab a scout with 57 HP, your HP goes to 57 (but you can heal up to 125). It would be an exciting and dynamic way to play the class.

Also, I think the Ambassador's headshots should get a buff. Right now it does about 100 damage, which isn't enough to kill anyone at full health. It should do at least 125. The whole point of the weapon is to combat the Sniper's Razorback, but if you sneak behind a sniper and headshot him, he's still alive. With the long recoil, the sniper could easy turn around, switch to the kukri, and kill you before you get off that second shot. It also makes the Spy achievement where you have to get 20 Ambassador headshot kills on a Sniper less bullshit.

The Crossbow should just fire like a needlegun, just slower and with less needles per clip.

And do exactly the same thing, just scale the damage and healing based on the rate of fire. Right now the Crossbow has respectable damage and healing, it's just really awkward to use, and a missed shot is punished too severely.

It also needs flare gun style reload, where you can switch to another weapon mid-reload and when you switch back, as long as the reload time has passed, it's reloaded.

Has it happened to anyone where you backstab a Sniper wearing a razorback? It normally happens to me from the right side of the Sniper (the razorback is tilted to the Sniper's left side).

Clyde I remember you, quite clearly, killing two soldiers with it. I don't how you survived that.

leroidys

Man everyone on my server just crashed one by one. I've crashed at the same time as people on my friends list playing on different servers as well, it seems like the network is a component in all those crashes.

EDIT: Found one! Thanks though nikolai

Yeef

Forkball said:
Also, I think the Ambassador's headshots should get a buff. Right now it does about 100 damage, which isn't enough to kill anyone at full health. It should do at least 125. The whole point of the weapon is to combat the Sniper's Razorback, but if you sneak behind a sniper and headshot him, he's still alive. With the long recoil, the sniper could easy turn around, switch to the kukri, and kill you before you get off that second shot. It also makes the Spy achievement where you have to get 20 Ambassador headshot kills on a Sniper less bullshit.
The 102 damage the ambassador does is fine. It's enough that one more shot kills all of the light classes.

The skullpluggery achievement isn't for headshot kills, just for headshots. Theoretically you could just keep headshotting a sniper with the croc kit and farm the achievement that way. But honestly, I've had more problems headshotting 3 scouts than I have 20 snipers. Snipers usually stand still for at least a couple of seconds unlike scouts >:O

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
The 102 damage the ambassador does is fine. It's enough that one more shot kills all of the light classes.

The skullpluggery achievement isn't for headshot kills, just for headshots. Theoretically you could just keep headshotting a sniper with the croc kit and farm the achievement that way. But honestly, I've had more problems headshotting 3 scouts than I have 20 snipers. Snipers usually stand still for at least a couple of seconds unlike scouts >:O
I got 3 scouts pretty easy, but I often forget to pull out the gun when hear a snipper. Just stab and done.

I find it a bit funny that I have only accidenty hit a Razorback a single time. The first time was intentional to get the achievement.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
PotatoeMasher said:
Java! You still playing regularly? I'm trying to sneak it back in to my schedule.
Where you been? Back when I started playing, it was with you and Java. Then I've only seen you a handful of times since.

I think it was on the F7 server that I ran into you guys. Wow that was so long ago.

Forkball

Yeef said:

No, it's certainly kills. The TF2 Wiki implies that you get the achievement via kills. Plus my status on the achievement is only 2/20 when I have certainly headshot snipers more than twice because when I did it the first few times, I noticed it didn't go up. It only went up after I killed someone via headshot. If the achievement was only headshots and not kills I would probably have the cheesemint right now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
No, it's certainly kills. The TF2 Wiki implies that you get the achievement via kills. Plus my status on the achievement is only 2/20 when I have certainly headshot snipers more than twice because when I did it the first few times, I noticed it didn't go up. It only went up after I killed someone via headshot. If the achievement was only headshots and not kills I would probably have the cheesemint right now.
I am not sure that is in the context of the achievement, I think it is more of "You should know if you don't do this right you will die."

leroidys said:
Bushwacka This weapon sucks. Snipers should be the weakest close range class in the game, but with the bushwacka + jarate they can one hit most classes by the time they make it to the sniper. It's just antithetical to what the sniper is supposed to be and it irritates me. The fire damage is not a sufficient downside because you will die to pyros at close range anyway. They should just reduce the base damage so you're not critting at 195, and they should also remove random crits from this weapon like with the demos melee weapons since it has a system for guaranteed crits. Or they could just change the fire vulnerability to 10% or 15% bullet vulnerability. I'd be fine with that too.
The difference is Mr. Flaregun. The extra vulnerability means if I pop him with one or two, he's more likely to have to go running for health or the supply cabinet. Honestly though, that was the downside I wanted for the Razorback (possibly in return for it blocking any single hit from the back, instead of just limiting it to the Spy's knife). You know, wood strapped to your back, fire, makes sense to me.

Forkball said:
The Ambassador needs to be removed from the game. It's the most out-of-place gun even in a game with magic fire axes and candy canes. "Headshot criticals are the Sniper's specialty... oh, except the Spy now gets them too, for some reason." And I have been killed from I think full health with a single Ambassador headshot more than once (I remember it happening as a Pyro, but I grant that was a while ago, and there may have been some nerf since).

If they buff the damage, then they need to remove the ability for headshots to count while disguised. Because you can't see which gun they're carrying, you can't know until they've already started firing, and whether or not you've got to duck headshots. And it's stupid for them to have an instant-kill long-distance weapon anyway when they're supposed to be about sneaking up and getting short-distance instant-kills. I should not be 30 feet from a Spy and still have to worry about him one-shotting me from full health.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Where you been? Back when I started playing, it was with you and Java. Then I've only seen you a handful of times since.

I think it was on the F7 server that I ran into you guys. Wow that was so long ago.

I took a second job at a startup, leaving basically no time for fun. Plan now is to drop the day job soon, so I'll have much more time again. Anyways, see you around the servers.

Yeef

Forkball said:
The wiki doesn't imply kills at all.

And I've got something like 12/20 and I don't think I've EVER killed a sniper with a headshot.

[Edit] Ambassador can't 1-shot anything but a Kunai spy. It does 102 on a headshot. If you're getting killed by it you must have already been damaged. Since it's a crit headshot the only thing that could buff the damage would be a bullet vulnerability (grease jokckey set or paint rain), but even then it'd only do 112 damage. If a spy is lagging REALLY badly he might get off a headshot and another shot because of lag compensation, but that seems extremely unlikely.

leroidys

Kulock said:
The difference is Mr. Flaregun. The extra vulnerability means if I pop him with one or two, he's more likely to have to go running for health or the supply cabinet. Honestly though, that was the downside I wanted for the Razorback (possibly in return for it blocking any single hit from the back, instead of just limiting it to the Spy's knife). You know, wood strapped to your back, fire, makes sense to me.

The Ambassador needs to be removed from the game. It's the most out-of-place gun even in a game with magic fire axes and candy canes. "Headshot criticals are the Sniper's specialty... oh, except the Spy now gets them too, for some reason." And I have been killed from I think full health with a single Ambassador headshot more than once (I remember it happening as a Pyro, but I grant that was a while ago, and there may have been some nerf since).

If they buff the damage, then they need to remove the ability for headshots to count while disguised. Because you can't see which gun they're carrying, you can't know until they've already started firing, and whether or not you've got to duck headshots. And it's stupid for them to have an instant-kill long-distance weapon anyway when they're supposed to be about sneaking up and getting short-distance instant-kills. I should not be 30 feet from a Spy and still have to worry about him one-shotting me from full health.

Meh if you get hit by a flaregun 99% of the time you're going to run back to the locker anyway, so i maintain that there is still virtually no downside to the bushwacka.

Yeef said:
The wiki doesn't imply kills at all.

And I've got something like 12/20 and I don't think I've EVER killed a sniper with a headshot.

[Edit] Ambassador can't 1-shot anything but a Kunai spy. It does 102 on a headshot. If you're getting killed by it you must have already been damaged. Since it's a crit headshot the only thing that could buff the damage would be a bullet vulnerability (grease jokckey set or paint rain), but even then it'd only do 112 damage. If a spy is lagging REALLY badly he might get off a headshot and another shot because of lag compensation, but that seems extremely unlikely.

If its not kills then they stealth changed it. I remember farming this from 0-20 on a 24/7 harvest server, and it was most definitely kills at that point. It was incredibly irritating. (This was post nerf)

Clydefrog

I've had my TF2 language set to German for like a month now. All of the voice commands are in German. I think I'm actually learning German :lol

At the very least, if I need medical assistance while in Germany, I know what to yell.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ArtistDude88 said:
Spy Sniper class, reporting in!
SpyiperDude88

edit: Oh right. If you guys like my new avatar and want a custom-made one. All offers should be directed to Artistdude88 and NOT ScientistDude88 (which is apparently the opposite?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom