• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceebs said:
So everyone else gets to join my own little world of hl2.exe crashes.

I think I had fixed that just a few days ago
Yeef, Dante and me also had hl2.exe crashes. I was playing today and happened again.

opticalmace said:
Didn't work for me. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it soon.
Have you tried playing and dying?

Cipherr

This update blows, crashes out the ass, and for some reason the goddamn coach button has taken the place of Mute Player so theres micspam all over everywhere and I cant do shit but turn all voice speak off. But before I do that HL2.exe has stopped responding again.

Fuck.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cipherr said:
This update blows, crashes out the ass, and for some reason the goddamn coach button has taken the place of Mute Player so theres micspam all over everywhere and I cant do shit but turn all voice speak off. But before I do that HL2.exe has stopped responding again.

Fuck.
Yeah where the hell did mute go?

Sgt.Pepper said:
Yeef, Dante and me also had hl2.exe crashes. I was playing today and happened again.

Have you tried playing and dying?
Didn't work either. Should I just wait or do you think I should send a support ticket?

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yeah where the hell did mute go?

untitled-1a7aw.jpg

Up there now for some reason...

Oreoleo

opticalmace said:
Didn't work either. Should I just wait or do you think I should send a support ticket?

I just loaded the game and got it INSTANTLY when I hit the main menu. Maybe you should send that support ticket..

n0b

Sgt.Pepper said:
I thought that with the new mic/voice chat technology you couldn't mic spam?
Nope, it just made it worse quality because people are forced to play it through a mic input instead of directly playing a file. Getting rid of music from file is the worst thing to top this update off with after they already ruined my backburner. ):

Proven

MatthewB92 said:
It randomly crashes for me in the middle of gameplay. Happen 4 times in the pass two nights.

It happened to me twice right when I entered a server. I thought it was a problem with the server, so on the third start up I went to offline practice. Nothing happened, so I joined the server, and had fun for 30 minutes.

Then about 12 players across the server had crashes.

Then the map changed, I decided to try a new server, and I crashed again.

Valve needs to patch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
n0b said:
Nope, it just made it worse quality because people are forced to play it through a mic input instead of directly playing a file. Getting rid of music from file is the worst thing to top this update off with after they already ruined my backburner. ):
People will likely make new programs to play music, give it a few days.

leroidys

I'm happy we finally got an optimization update, and I've been bitching a lot about the 80 fps I lost... but given the scale of the changes I can't be too upset with them. Hopefully they'll squash the bugs relatively quickly.

Grimm Fandango said:
Sounds like the typical big TF2 update to me. I swear Valve never tests this shit and just dumps it into the general population.

That was the weird thing, they were testing the 25% damage reduction in favor of No Crits already in the Beta, and I thought the general consensus was that it was a Bad Idea, in capital letters. So why just copy-paste the change over to the main game anyway, just to have to back out of it two days later?

I think the key problem is that weapons almost need two sets of stats, one for servers that allow crits, and one for those that don't.

Kulock said:
That was the weird thing, they were testing the 25% damage reduction in favor of No Crits already in the Beta, and I thought the general consensus was that it was a Bad Idea, in capital letters. So why just copy-paste the change over to the main game anyway, just to have to back out of it two days later?

I think the key problem is that weapons almost need two sets of stats, one for servers that allow crits, and one for those that don't.
I think each weapon needs it's own special balance. Just doing a blanket change over a dozen weapons doesn't work.

The Gunslinger and Claymore, for example, don't even need the no crits attribute. Even with random crits, they are balanced (the Claymore is underpowered). Just remove the attribute and everything is fine.

The Eyelander and Caber need an extra balance. Doing less damage works just fine for the Caber and actually made it pretty much balanced. For the Eyelander, they need to figure something out different, or maybe keep the -25 damage, but increase the damage as you get more heads.

balladofwindfishes said:
I think each weapon needs it's own special balance. Just doing a blanket change over a dozen weapons doesn't work.

Oh, of course, I just meant in general, if they're that concerned about No Crit servers.

And I'm ok with the Gunslinger having no random crits, as long as crit punches accumulate even if you let off the Mouse 1 button. Last I checked, you have to keep holding down the button for the combo counter to work; if you take swings one at a time, they don't accumulate.

Fake edit: Wiki quote:

Additionally, the player is able to perform a three-part combo attack on enemies. Should an enemy be hit three times in succession, the third strike with the fist will become an automatic critical hit. This does not need to be performed on a single enemy, but the correct bound key cannot be released during the combo or it will be lost and reset.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why couldn't you fix the Admin Control Panel in a timely manner Yeef, now none of us can get rid of the Hacker on our Server :/

commissar

I did a defrag and verification of files & got less crashes, though I still got connection errors on a couple of servers. Not sure they had updated though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
TF2 has a report button no? That would get the hacker from playing any VAC server, which are the vast majority.
Except the last guy who hacked on our server still isn't VAC banned :/

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Grimm Fandango said:
Just in case people wondering why it isn't crashing for me:

Windows 7 Ultimate
Radeon HD 6850
Intel i5 2500k
4GB RAM

I don't think that matters at all. I've seen every player on 32 player servers crash at the exact same time, 4 times since the patch. and no the server didn't crash.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
MatthewB92 said:
All his shots were crits, speed hack, and could kill in the middle of taunts.

Oye, that sounds awful. I've run into people running aimbots. It's pretty ridiculous. What's the fun in that?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nikolai13 said:
Oye, that sounds awful. I've run into people running aimbots. It's pretty ridiculous. What's the fun in that?
Guy had an Aim bot too, but at that point it is hard to tell.

Unrelated, here is a funny picture from tonight

7014FEC1D17706B18B918F8CC49B578400025A3B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom