• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obsessed said:
Edit: I got rid of my Cloak and Dagger (well I turned it into scrap metal), and apparently it is only obtainable once. Did I fuck myself over?

Is this a C&D you got for an achievement milestone? If it is, make sure that scrap doesn't say "Untradeable." If it does, don't use it for anything until it says otherwise (they sometimes revert to tradeable). That Untradeable status carries down the line as you craft, meaning you could spend several refined metal on a hat or rare item, and you won't be able to trade it away without gift wrap because you used a single bad scrap.

If it's untradeable, put the scrap into some dark corner of your backpack so you don't accidentally use it.

ArtistDude88 said:
CnD sucks IMHO.

Better off learning to play with default watch. Dead Ringer is fun at times, but I still recommend/prefer default :p

To be honest I only need a CnD in order to craft a Your Eternal Reward, which strikes me as the coolest dagger ever.

Kulock said:
Is this a C&D you got for an achievement milestone? If it is, make sure that scrap doesn't say "Untradeable." If it does, don't use it for anything until it says otherwise (they sometimes revert to tradeable). That Untradeable status carries down the line as you craft, meaning you could spend several refined metal on a hat or rare item, and you won't be able to trade it away without gift wrap because you used a single bad scrap.

If it's untradeable, put the scrap into some dark corner of your backpack so you don't accidentally use it.

I think it is the unlocked C&D, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll check later today. And I already used the scrap metal to make reclaimed metal :(

edit: Nope, it wasn't. The reclaimed metal is tradeable :D

desh

Obsessed said:
To be honest I only need a CnD in order to craft a Your Eternal Reward, which strikes me as the coolest dagger ever.

You should be able to trade for a Your Eternal Reward for less than it costs to craft it. I usually sell mine for 1 scrap, but other ppl are probably more greedy than me.

desh said:
You should be able to trade for a Your Eternal Reward for less than it costs to craft it. I usually sell mine for 1 scrap, but other ppl are probably more greedy than me.

I have a scrap metal. Want to trade?

I'm also looking for Frontier Justice (though apparently I can unlock it), a Jag, and a Wrangler.

Forkball

Welcome to Earth/Urf:
530F262E57658A7180D4CBA514E1514B1B362C4E

desh

Obsessed said:

I'm also looking for Frontier Justice (though apparently I can unlock it), a Jag, and a Wrangler.

I don't have an extra YER at the moment, but if you do a search on tf2tp.com, i think you'll find some ppl selling it for 1 scrap.

I do have an extra Jag and wrangler tho.

http://www.tf2b.com/muju

All the weapons on the first page are extras, and ones I will be willing to trade.

Baha

Obsessed said:

Add me on steam (BahaFS) I'll trade any extra weapons that I have and you need 1:1 for any random weapon.

Twig

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
CnD sucks IMHO.

Better off learning to play with default watch. Dead Ringer is fun at times, but I still recommend/prefer default :p
CND is great for learning, because it gives you a chance to be more cautious and slow.

Once you figure out how to actually move around properly and backstab properly, then you switch to default watch.

Baha

Twig said:
CND is great for learning, because it gives you a chance to be more cautious and slow.

Once you figure out how to actually move around properly and backstab properly, then you switch to default watch.

Whoa, how'd he get banned?

Yeef

I'm pretty sure at this point the mods just ban Twig every 2 months or so just because. It might even be automated.

[EDIT] Apparently, it's a permaban this time.

Permad? How the hell did this happen? :(

Also I played a few games today and the enemy team had like 3 competent spies. Holy shit, a competent spy is scary. Really really scary.

Blizzard

Banned
Obsessed said:
Permad? How the hell did this happen? :(

Also I played a few games today and the enemy team had like 3 competent spies. Holy shit, a competent spy is scary. Really really scary.
The worst feeling ever is when you feel you're finally a pretty competent pyro, one who can airblast and follow decent paths and spycheck and kill enemies and so forth, and then you get dominated by some random spy. =(

As for Twig, maybe after 6-10 bans they decided it'd go permanent. He will live on in our hearts
maybe

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Goodbye, Twiggles. :(

You can backstab me next time you see me if it will make you eel better. Remember though that I let you.

Ultratech

Obsessed said:

Yeah, competent spies and demos are scary as hell. Used to play with one demo who was just an absolute monster in racking up kills. Those damn grenades were all over the place. Backed when I played on a server that kept track of kills and other stats, he had at least 50k kills overall. Truly scary stuff.

Good spies are just as bad. You think you're safe, but you're really not.

DarkKyo

A bit of progress since yesterday.. ambient occlusion rendered(preparing to texture) and model mostly done.. texturing is next. Man this is getting trickier as the process goes on...

UMWnf.jpg

Clydefrog

That's pretty neat what you're doing with the heavy chomper, Dechaios. Only thing is that it reminds me so much of Lil Chew Chew train from pl_frontier. I hate that train.

Blizzard

Banned
Dechaios said:
A bit of progress since yesterday.. ambient occlusion rendered(preparing to texture) and model mostly done.. texturing is next. Man this is getting trickier as the process goes on...
Try setting those faces on the sides to smooth shading in Blender, unless you're wanting them to have the polygonal look. I don't know if the smooth shading will export properly into the Source engine, however.

DarkKyo

Blizzard said:
Try setting those faces on the sides to smooth shading in Blender, unless you're wanting them to have the polygonal look. I don't know if the smooth shading will export properly into the Source engine, however.
What is weird is that I have those very facets smoothed already.. :/ it just shows up this way in the baked textures in the ambient occlusion I'm using to see it with shading. I'll see if it shows up that way when I put textures in.
Clydefrog said:
That's pretty neat what you're doing with the heavy chomper, Dechaios. Only thing is that it reminds me so much of Lil Chew Chew train from pl_frontier. I hate that train.
I actually started thinking about that train when I was halfway through building the jaw. I like riding Lil Chew Chew!

desh

So, does anybody know what actually happened to Twig? Also, do the mods notify you when they ban you, or do you just come back and you're banned?

Yeef

desh said:
So, does anybody know what actually happened to Twig? Also, do the mods notify you when they ban you, or do you just come back and you're banned?
You get a message when you get banned. His was "you're being a jerk again," but he says he doesn't recall being a jerk recently. He also says he doesn't care that much about being banned, but he is curious what the specific infraction was.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I just got an update what did I just download :O

EDIT:
Team Fortress 2
Added the Spiral Knights promotional hat
Updated The Superfan, The Essential Accessories, and The Hero's Hachimaki so they can be painted
Updated The Conjurer's Cowl and The Maul so they can be crafted and traded

:(

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Updated The Superfan, The Essential Accessories, and The Hero's Hachimaki so they can be painted

Best update in a long time.

Pokemon Trainer / Terry Bogard hat here I come.

k7eW4.png

There you go. Too bad is Soldier only (Why does the Soldier get so damn many hats? Sniper needs some love). My Team Captain is better.

Edit: Restarting Steam does fucking nothing. WHY AM I GETTING A 1 GB UPDATE?!

That hat looks surprisingly good!

And I played Spiral Knights at launch! Ya'll just playing to get free hat :( It's pretty good, but I got tired of it after a while.

My guess is the hat will be from one of the helm achievements. Kinda like Alien Swarm.

Yeef

I played it at launch too. just long enough to realize that I didn't care for it. And that hat is ugly. The colors don't even match!

Also, this is both sad and brilliant.

Oreoleo

Yeef said:
Don't really care for the spiral knights hat.

I don't care how ugly it is. Free hat from a free game? I'm in!

And hey, the game isn't all that bad. Reminds me of Phantasy Star Online a bit.

Yeef said:
I played it at launch too. just long enough to realize that I didn't care for it. And that hat is ugly. The colors don't even match!

Also, this is both sad and brilliant.

Your face colors don't match! And LoL at that "lottery".

Orellio said:
Reminds me of Phantasy Star Online a bit.
That's what a lot of people compare it to, but I've never played it /shrug
It make me think of* a multiplayer LoZ

*Edit

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Take my Spiral Knight crap and give me your TF2 items!
*Edited for clarity

I think I have some mats I'm too lazy to sell, 900CE + stuff in auction house.

Lol, I actually did the complete opposite of that. I traded all my money, energy, and materials for a TF2 hat. Didn't think I'd be playing SK again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom