• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

Baha said:
Got my Spiral Knight's hat!
Same here. What a badass hat. I suddenly have so many awesome soldier hats...

I wish this knight helmet was also for Demoman since he is the only character with so many freaking swords.

Dechaios said:
Same here. What a badass hat. I suddenly have so many awesome soldier hats...

I wish this knight helmet was also for Demoman since he is the only character with so many freaking swords.
TF2 Wiki said:
Unused content

This hat has proper positioning for every class, including a "flipped down" version for Pyro. Furthermore, its texture is located in the hats_allclass folder in the GCF.
What a waste.

Chinner

Banned
Baha said:
Got my Spiral Knight's hat!
how the fuck did you imagine that? i was playing spiral knights and it was fucking terrible. said i ran out of credits so i couldnt go down the levator, and then transported me back into the town and didnt even let me go into the dungeons anymore.

I WANT TO DELETE THIS GAME.

Baha

Chinner said:
how the fuck did you imagine that? i was playing spiral knights and it was fucking terrible. said i ran out of credits so i couldnt go down the levator, and then transported me back into the town and didnt even let me go into the dungeons anymore.

I WANT TO DELETE THIS GAME.

Join a party, party leader or members pay for elevator :D.

Yeah. You have to start a new SK char with your Steam to get the achievements (and TF2 hat).

JacobU said:
Binding Existing Spiral Knights Accounts to Steam Accounts

At this time, it appears that this is in the works.

Currently, there is no way to bind an existing Spiral Knights account to a Steam account.

If you are opening Spiral Knights for the first time through Steam, your Steam account will automatically be linked when you login.

Link.

XeroSauce

ArtistDude88 said:
Yeah. You have to start a new SK char with your Steam to get the achievements (and TF2 hat).

Link.

When I try to log on with my Steam account, it says my computer is only allowed one account. So I can't make a new one.

DarkKyo

Weenerz said:
I'm stuck at work, how did you get it? What's involved? Did it take long? I need more hats!
Download Spiral Knights(free), make a character, go through the first mission, then after you get to town find the mission terminal and go through a few more missions until you get "Mission Accomplished" achievement. Takes maybe 40 minutes.

Forkball

If they do link your old accounts, it would be awesome to get a Vintage version of the hat. Although honestly I wouldn't wear the hat if I got it so...

Zomba13

I made a Spiral Knights account through the steam version and got to the point where you need to be to get the hat and I didn't get it =/.
EDIT: Oh weird. Went back into TF2 and then I got it.

Yeef

Chinese TF2 is hilarious. Valve needs to make some kind of fireman set for the soldier now (and sets for the other classes the game will rip off). It's not completely the same, because at least one of those classes was using an assault rifle.

Yasae

Banned
Baha said:
0FrEE.jpg

Sgt.Pepper said:
We should give them a try. I think I'll try to connect to any of these servers.
Is that cp_zig? I played on that one on 2f2f, and it's beautiful. It feels weird and un-TF2-like in some respects, but it's an eye catcher and with some work it could be great.

Damn, 218 MB all the maps. But seems the servers are getting hammered, 15 Kb/sec here.

EmCeeGramr said:
Is that cp_zig? I played on that one on 2f2f, and it's beautiful. It feels weird and un-TF2-like in some respects, but it's an eye catcher and with some work it could be great.
Haven't played any of them, really.

Forkball

Update:
Team Fortress 2

Fixed some server replay publishing bugs
Added a new ConVar “replay_fileserver_offload_aborttime”
Any replay publishing thread that takes longer than replay_fileserver_offload_aborttime seconds will be killed
CSS also updated so I assume there were some Source changes, but no news yet. The update seems pretty big in size for some minor issues.

Clydefrog said:
Sgt. Pepper, did you end up figuring out that 1GB patch?
Nope, I just waited for it to download. I was gonna complain on SPUF, but I didn't know that there was a validation period. When it finished downloading, 20 minutes later I was validated lol

ArtistDude88 said:
Pause the update and validate your files? The update was ~100mb I think.
You mean >properties>local files>verify integrity of game cache?

Edit: That sure takes a long while, it doesn't let me chat either. >_>

Edit: This shit can fuck off. Took a long ass time to validate and I still have to download 700 mb. Fuck it.

Ketch

So I played a bit of spiral knights before it came to steam. It's a pretty decent hack and slasher. Pro tip: Play with a friend and use a game pad, it waaaay more fun that way.

edit: So say that again artist... I need to make a new character and play him all the way down to the second tier somewhere?

Just go down the clockworks until you get to the first rest area with Bazil. It's like the 4th floor or so down. You'll get the achievement "Mission Accomplished" and a mail from Saxton Hale saying you get the hat :p

Edit: Sorry that didn't help SgtPepper D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom