• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Even better than the previews let on.

The half-second after the record scratch is the best part. :lol

28tdtld.jpg

Twig

Banned
Ultimatum said:
I'll definitely be there if you need me (ReRixo), but I'm a little out of practise :lol I'll play over the weekend, what class would you need me to play? As it's on the US servers I shouldn't play scout or sniper, and I suck as engineer.
Play whatever you want!

The current "dibs" are as follows, but they're by no means set in stone, most likely:

benhuberGAF
bombdigiti
Boonoo engineer
GAFBlizzard
n0b
Ner0h
notsol337 scout/sniper
pet
rac soldier
ReRixo ???
Spire
Striker
Twig spy

n0b said he should be able to play by Sunday, and I know Blizzard said he previously wanted to be heavy, so that's a tentative 7/9 we have.

Twig

Banned
hahaha holy shit that dance video

engineer/sentry

oh god this is brilliant

*watches for the tenth time*

hahaha the spy at the end

jesus this is good

Boonoo

Yeah, bomb's good for it. Striker can't make it until 12.30

So I'm showing 8/9 with pet and Striker as definite no shows.

benhuberGAF
bombdigiti
Boonoo
GAFBlizzard
n0b

Ner0h
notsol337
pet
rac
ReRixo

Spire
Striker
Twig

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:

benhuberGAF
bombdigiti
Boonoo
GAFBlizzard
n0b

Ner0h
notsol337
pet
rac
ReRixo

Spire
Striker
Twig
Though I haven't seen pet post or played with him recently, I HAVE seen him online playing TF2...with YOU boonoo....so, what's his status?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So I'm going Engineer on this instant spawn all-crits 26p server right. Allows you to build 3 SGs, 3 dispensers, 3 teles. Basically it's a joke of a server and fun to fiddle around on sometimes. We're on the last stage of Gold Rush and I'm the only Engineer.

First cap just got captured and this guy starts raging about there being no teleporters working. I go, okay, no problem, here's one near the cap. 2nd cap is done, he starts up again, saying to move the teleporters up and stop straggling. Meanwhile the shit hits the fan, rockets and pipebombs are flying all over the place, so I just leave it there for the time being.

Eventually it gets to the point that every single time he dies and respawns, he has a problem with the teleporters. So I go, fuck it, I move it up all the way to where I KNOW it will be destroyed and eventually it gets sapped as I try to move all 3 SGs forward. Of course as I'm doing that, they all get destroyed as well. Less than a minute on the clock, I switch over to Pyro for fun and antics.

This guy then completely loses it, starts saying that I'm not a team player and that I should learn how to play. The fuck? Dude it's an instant spawn crit server, get the fuck over it. Why is the TF2 community great yet these douchebags slip through the cracks?

rar

Kuro Madoushi said:
Though I haven't seen pet post or played with him recently, I HAVE seen him online playing TF2...with YOU boonoo....so, what's his status?

cant play at that time, have work

ive been scrimming, not alot of time to pub

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
Play whatever you want!

The current "dibs" are as follows, but they're by no means set in stone, most likely:

benhuberGAF
bombdigiti
Boonoo engineer
GAFBlizzard
n0b
Ner0h
notsol337 scout/sniper
pet
rac soldier
ReRixo ???
Spire
Striker
Twig spy

n0b said he should be able to play by Sunday, and I know Blizzard said he previously wanted to be heavy, so that's a tentative 7/9 we have.
I've called dibs on heavy like 3 times I thought. :p I had to be fast so all the BETTER heavies couldn't have it.

you might have been banned and not noticed it at the time

Roody

Neo Member
Boonoo said:

benhuberGAF
bombdigiti
Boonoo
GAFBlizzard
n0b

Ner0h
notsol337
pet
rac
ReRixo

Spire
Striker
Twig
2pm CST? That's 3pm EST... and I'm working then. Crap. Oh well. I'd be able to play/practice earlier that day or later in the evening, if anyone wants, though. (I'm benhuberGAF, btw)

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
I've called dibs on heavy like 3 times I thought. :p I had to be fast so all the BETTER heavies couldn't have it.

you might have been banned and not noticed it at the time
That is why I said that I knew you wanted to be heavy. I was just waiting for extra confirmation one last time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:
Guess Polycount isn't this month after all.
There is Tomorrow Still! SURPRISE UPDATE!

But really, I expect it in the next 2 weeks. They at least have to reactivate the Halloween Achievements soon, and I think they are up for 2-3 weeks.

Hey, your a real member now. Good job (._.)

n0b

notsol337 said:
Practice is for squares!

(I'd be on more but I'm getting hammered by school.)

I would agree if I didn't have to learn how my temporary computer reacts to simple things like opening doors, going around corners, and more than two players being in the same area as me.

:U

Blizzard

Banned
n0b said:
I would agree if I didn't have to learn how my temporary computer reacts to simple things like opening doors, going around corners, and more than two players being in the same area as me.

:U
Sounds like you'll be our secret weapon.

"Quick, throw the LAGBOMB at the enemy players!" :D

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Blizzard said:
Sounds like you'll be our secret weapon.

"Quick, throw the LAGBOMB at the enemy players!" :D
More like "Quick, throw in n0b the decoy!"

If n0b gets stuck as pyro, that'll be pretty cruel.

Twig

Banned
Yeah the comic is amusing but hardly informative.

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALVE

At the very least it means "soon" though.

They're going to start seriously selling comic books soon, aren't they?

It's funny when you think about it, that other than the mention of Mann Co. and Red and Blue on one sign, this comic has literally nothing to do with TF2 from most appearances, for someone who hasn't really followed the blog before. They're so enamored with Saxton now, they might as well make the Vs. Saxton Hale mode legitimate.

Edit: Huzzah!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4411

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
Added the Mann-conomy.
Added 65 new items (hats, weapons, tools, minigames, gifts, crates).
Added the Mann Co. Store & Catalog.
Added Trading.
Added Item customization.
Additional TF2 features
Added new auto-team-scramble system:
Set mp_scrambleteams_auto to 1 (default) to automatically scramble the teams if the criteria is met
Set mp_scrambleteams_auto_windifference to set the number of round wins a team must lead by in order to trigger an auto scramble (default is 2)
Updated how Spy disguise targets are selected to more randomly distribute the selections
Fixed the FreezePanel background not using the correct color if you were killed by a player or building on your own team
Server browser tweaks
It will now encourage you to add servers to Favorites or Blacklists after you have a good/bad experience on them.
The Server Browser now automatically closes after successfully connecting to a server (opt-out via the Options-Multiplayer->Advanced dialog)
Achievement tuning
Demoman achievement "The Stickening" changed to 3 from 5.
Heavy achievement "Krazy Ivan" changed to 50 from 100.
Medic achievement "Consultation" changed to 3 from 5.
Medic achievement "Peer Review" changed to 10 from 50.
Medic achievement "Placebo Effect" changed to 2 from from 5.
Medic achievement "FYI I am A Medic" changed to 1 from 5.
Medic achievement "Family Practice" changed to 5 from 10.
Soldier achievement "Geneva Contravention" changed to 3 from 5.
Scout achievement "Strike Zone" now counts assists.
Scout achievements "Fall Classic" and "Foul Territory" are fixed.

Engine (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Added sv_alltalk to the list of convars that are checked for the sv_tags list.
Fixed a model instance crash.
Removed engine ConVar "r_ForceRestore"

Other Games
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Updated to run on the Orange Box engine with CS:S, DoD:S, and TF2

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Kulock said:
Microtransactions, "Item sets," uncraftable items... I think they've taken a wrong turn with this one.
Uh they actually say all the new items can be crafted in the update.

Q: Can I craft the Polycount weapons? Do they have recipes like the other community items?
A: Yes, they're craftable. They have the same recipe style (combine two weapons) as the other community-contributed items.

Vlad

Kulock said:
Microtransactions, "Item sets," uncraftable items... I think they've taken a wrong turn with this one.

I was a little worried about the uncraftable items, but apparently it'll only be cosmetic ones that are "purchase only".

Stallion Free said:
Uh they actually say all the new items can be crafted in the update.

Somewhere I got jumbled and read that it was an 80/20% split, that was wrong, but there are some cosmetic items that can't be crafted still.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Kulock said:
Somewhere I got jumbled and read that it was an 80/20% split, that was wrong, but there are some cosmetic items that can't be crafted still.
QQ it's not like you crafted all the previous hats. Especially not legitimately.

Stallion Free said:
QQ it's not like you crafted all the previous hats. Especially not legitimately.

What the hell is with "QQ"? I wasn't bitching, I said I got confused on that. But you said all items were craftable, and that's technically not right.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Degreaser sounds useless D:

Oh sure, I can switch my weapons faster, but it lowers my damage D:

What, do they want me to set on fire my enemy, then hit them with the hammer and heal while I am being shot at :/

Solder stuff sounds like its decent to take out sentry guns, Scout stuff seems usefulish, Sniper stuff sounds odd, Spy stuff seems like its very situational.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pyro is a mix bag. I have to use a really weak Flamethrower (hopefully maintaining the compression blast), but I do pick up the 10%+ speed bonus.. which makes the Pyro about what.. equal to the Medic?

Of course.. with the defensive liabilities, and weak Flamethrower, circling Heavies is no longer an option, and you still can't catch up to a Scout (while now taking more damage).

The 'Natasha'-Pistol for the Scout, and Cloak regenerating Revolver look pretty smexy to me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EvilMario said:
Pyro is a mix bag. I have to use a really weak Flamethrower (hopefully maintaining the compression blast), but I do pick up the 10%+ speed bonus.. which makes the Pyro about what.. equal to the Medic?

Of course.. with the defensive liabilities, and weak Flamethrower, circling Heavies is no longer an option, and you still can't catch up to a Scout (while now taking more damage).

The 'Natasha'-Pistol for the Scout, and Cloak regenerating Revolver look pretty smexy to me.
You know, the fact that I keep the compression blast may make it more useful. The only thing I don't like about these "Wear all x" packs is they all have Hats as part of them.

Item custmization seems nice. Lets fire up the game and take a look at it.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Drkirby said:
The Degreaser sounds useless D:

Oh sure, I can switch my weapons faster, but it lowers my damage D:

What, do they want me to set on fire my enemy, then hit them with the hammer and heal while I am being shot at :/

Solder stuff sounds like its decent to take out sentry guns, Scout stuff seems usefulish, Sniper stuff sounds odd, Spy stuff seems like its very situational.

Yeah, or set them on fire and wail on them with the axtinguisher. I foresee a lot of axtinguisher builds using the degreaser.

(._.)

Banned
Drkirby said:
UPDATE :O

And here I am, with a portable Hard Drive with TF2... *Rushes to Libary PCs*
Oh fuck, did they seriously just UPDATE it right NOW :O:O:O:O

I guess my call was close but no cigar :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gah, god damn School Comptuers, I don't know what sorcory they are using but for some reason all changes to my hard drive keep geting wiped when I log off the PC, which includes the TF2 I installed before. God damn it, I'll have to copy of the files over when I get home today, so I now have to Redownload the game.

Almost done though. Yay 13MB/sec download speeds.

Boonoo

Yasae said:
I'm calling in my chips. You WILL give me that whiskered gentleman, boobnoob. I mean, Bono. I mean, boohoo.

Haha, i don't have that. I do have a number of hats for trade, though.

Backbiter's Billycock
Texas Ten Gallon
Fancy Fedora
Gentleman's gatsby
Demoman's Fro
Brigade Helm
Tough Guy's Toque

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Has anyone been able to access their Back Pack or the Store? It keeps saying I can't connect to either.
I was able to for a bit before it went away, but obviously shit's getting hammered to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom