• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

gotee12 said:
Spent $5 to get two summer keys for the new crates. Got a Rogue's Col Roule and a Tam O'Shanter. I have no idea if I just wasted that $5 or not...

Beyond the fact that I just spent $5 for virtual items that have no value in the physical world in which I reside.

Those two seem to be the most wanted on the Steam forums. Good get.

Good thing we switched to Well to help everyone get the achievement, nobody on RED would cooperate when we willingly helped them and killed us whenever we got near the water. :mad:(((((

yeoz

I've opened some crates and have some extras :(
2x Rogue's Col Roule (spy suit)
2x Copper's Hard Top (heavy police helmet)
1x Nessie's Nine Iron (demo golf club)

Please let me know if any of you want any of these :(

Already gave everything away. Sorry guys.

Weenerz

Banned
yeoz said:

I have an extra mail box and pyro hat, I'd love the copper's hard top and the nine iron.

Reknoc

Sgt.Pepper said:
Why the hell I don't get the achievement. I threw myself in the water on fire like 20 times.

Weird, worked first time for me. Though when I was setting people on fire it doesn't seem to have worked towards my baptism by fire achievement, ah well.

The boot and worn out tie kinda makes my Pyro seem like some sort of tramp.

jdogmoney

yeoz said:

Does anyone know if Stately Steel Toe (the Pyro Boot Hat) is actually available from the summer cooler?

I'd like the Rogue's Col Roule, but I've got nothing to trade...save a Summer Crate, if you want to try again...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Very glad I got the Rogue's Col Roule.

Wonder if they will make it paintable. Hopefully you can paint the sun glasses later, they look decent on my Sombrero Pyro.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
gotee12 said:
Beyond the fact that I just spent $5 for virtual items that have no value in the physical world in which I reside.

You could say that for all Steam games, though.

Weenerz

Banned
Drkirby said:
Very glad I got the Rogue's Col Roule.

Wonder if they will make it paintable. Hopefully you can paint the sun glasses later, they look decent on my Sombrero Pyro.

I hope they make it paintable, because right now it's very meh since it blends in with your suit.

Ghost23

Ugh, I got the stupid boot hat that I would never wear. I have two more summer crates, but I'm not getting keys since all I want is that spy turtleneck. Is anyone willing to trade?

jdogmoney

FuzzyNorman said:
Ugh, I got the stupid boot hat that I would never wear. I have two more summer crates, but I'm not getting keys since all I want is that spy turtleneck. Is anyone willing to trade?

Talk to yeoz.

XNSrj.png

o

m

g

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Baha said:
Are you trying to craft some new weapons?

I can craft some GRU if I get a KGB. Mostly I'm looking for weapons that I can't get through achievements. As you can probably tell I ended up quitting for awhile before the Mann Co update and so I'm playing a little catch up. Hats don't mean too much to me.

If you don't have either gloves to trade, here's the rest of my fulll wishlist in no particular order: Tomislav, Family Business, Bazaar Bargain, Southern Hospitality, Jag, Quick Fix, Solemn Vow, Your Eternal Reward, Eyelander, Chargin' Targe.

Edit: Somebody traded me some Strange GRU's for Vintage Jarate. So I don't need those anymore, but the other stuff on my list would still be nice.

Zel3

ZealousD said:
I can craft some GRU if I get a KGB. Mostly I'm looking for weapons that I can't get through achievements. As you can probably tell I ended up quitting for awhile before the Mann Co update and so I'm playing a little catch up. Hats don't mean too much to me.

If you don't have either gloves to trade, here's the rest of my fulll wishlist in no particular order: Tomislav, Family Business, Bazaar Bargain, Southern Hospitality, Jag, Quick Fix, Solemn Vow, Your Eternal Reward, Eyelander, Chargin' Targe.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/galactichero

heres my backpack, i'd be willing to trade the vintage southern hospitality for scrap or something. i don't really know the value of this stuff.

send me an invite if you wanna trade.

ZealousD

Zel3 said:
http://www.tf2items.com/id/galactichero

heres my backpack, i'd be willing to trade the vintage southern hospitality for scrap or something. i don't really know the value of this stuff.

send me an invite if you wanna trade.

Yeah I really don't know what this stuff is worth either. Like I said I do have quite a few spare vintage weapons lying around.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/zealousd

A vintage for a vintage sounds fair to me.

DarkKyo

Anyone willing to trade a cooler to me(or more than one)? I can trade the new medigun, new heavy shotgun, new demo shield or a scrap metal. I will do three scrap for 2 coolers.

ZealousD

Zel3 said:
I see you have the strange gloves of running also. It's gonna take forever to level them up hehe.

Yeah I just got them as a trade for a Vintage Jarate. Seemed fair to me.

KarmaCow

ZealousD said:

I'll give you a Jag if could help me transfer some stuff.

I need to transfer from crates to an alt account, open them and trade them back.

Zel3

Dechaios said:
Anyone willing to trade a cooler to me(or more than one)? I can trade the new medigun, new heavy shotgun, new demo shield or a scrap metal. I will do three scrap for 2 coolers.

I'm willing to trade 2 coolers for 3 scrap. What's your Steam ID?

Mine is Galactic Hero.

ZealousD

KarmaCow said:

I need to transfer from crates to an alt account, open them and trade them back.

Sure NP. Just send me a friend invite on Steam and we'll get it done.

Grinchy

Banned
KarmaCow said:

You probably already have a reason, but why not just send the keys to the alt account?

KarmaCow

Grinchy said:
You probably already have a reason, but why not just send the keys to the alt account?

Keys take a while to become trade-able and I'm impatient.

And Karmakov is my alt account, can't seem to add people on it.

does this:

idNY0i.jpg

happen a lot to anyone else? I often get very confused. It looks like I'm on the red team and will attack red teammates because of it. only upon close inspection is the doctor (or whatever class I'm using) on the blue team. then it eventually corrects itself.

Grinchy

Banned
Oh yeah...I forgot about that with the keys and paints. I bought a pink paint just to trade since I had to add $5 to my steam wallet and only wanted 1 key. Because I had to wait, I ended up just using it on my crocleather slouch haha. I'm impatient too.

I've never been so ok with buying virtual items as I am with TF2. In fact, I've always been against it. This game is so good and I've gotten so much play time out of it that I just don't mind sticking a fiver in my wallet from time to time for it.

undu

Dreams-Visions said:
does this:

idNY0i.jpg

happen a lot to anyone else? I often get very confused. It looks like I'm on the red team and will attack red teammates because of it. only upon close inspection is the doctor (or whatever class I'm using) on the blue team. then it eventually corrects itself.
It happens to me since the uber update :/

parasight

Dreams-Visions said:
does this:

Yeah, I've encountered that bug long before the patch. Always confuses me.

Also incase anyone didn't read the latest TF2 Blog Post, they're adding a 2nd Misc Slot.

Grinchy

Banned
Yes! That HUD thing happens to me sometimes too. It gets me very confused, especially if I'm trying to suck at spy.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
-Mikey- said:
So, is the first key free? Or do you have to buy them from the start?

Have to buy them, but if the christmas promotion is any indication they will likely give out 1 free key, I'm gonna throw a random bet on the 4th for that.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So wait...is that the iron jaw made by the guy in here and it got approved really fast, or did someone else just happen to beat him to the punch?

KarmaCow

So after opening two summer coolers I'm up 4 pairs of glasses in 5 hours. The Summer Shades, the Professor Speks and now the two Security Shades.

I don't regret buying the keys, but man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom