• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Old? TF2 blog updated.

summer_sale_x.jpg

It's summertime and THINGS ARE ON SALE. If only all our writers weren’t at Writer’s Camp they could tell you HOW AWESOME THIS SALE IS. If they wrote something witty about the Scout's new TOWEL you would probably say "I really want to go out right now and buy a towel for MY scout." If they said something sad and revealing about the character of the Scout's new pair of FLIP-FLOPS you would probably say "I care deeply about Flip-Flops, if only I had a pair to show my deep feelings for Flip-Flops!"

Alas, we have no such writer available. We have no one who can write about how these items ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME. We have no one who can reiterate in a slightly annoying, but still somewhat funny way THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY THE NEW ITEMS BEFORE THE SALE ENDS ON JULY 11. Indeed, we don't even have two short sentences that would convey that KEYS ARE NOW ON SALE TO OPEN SUMMER COOLERS! See? That was only one sentence and it wasn't particularly short.

Note: The Scout is shown equipped with TWO miscellaneous slot items. We realize this is currently IMPOSSIBLE. After firing the artist responsible, we are now working on making that artist's vision a reality.

NEW MISC SLOT TF2 AW YEAH
bringit.png

[edit] I'm a moron that bought a summer key. Got the Engy spurs. Meeeeeeeeeeeeh. I'll trade them for the Spy suit.

Note: The Scout is shown equipped with TWO miscellaneous slot items. We realize this is currently IMPOSSIBLE. After firing the artist responsible, we are now working on making that artist's vision a reality.

It begins.

Edit: Server is being super slow on updating.

Grinchy

Banned
*edit: nvm, fixed! It was definitely because when I did txt idling it told the program I only wanted directx8.1.

Weird question, but all of a sudden, I do not have a "high" option for shadows, motion blur is disabled and greyed out, and color correction is enabled and also greyed out. This is the first time I've ever seen this before. I have no launch options set at the moment, and I tried txt idling for the first time last night. What did I breaks?

Wallach

SteveWinwood said:
I really do care deeply about flip-flops... I want some.... Will I be buying my first thing from the TF2 store?

I might buy the summer pack myself because they're not in the crates and not craftable. Bastards!

Sucks that I won't get any Summer item apart from the horrendous shades. My money is for games, not for keys Valve!

Can't believe someone wasted the chance to make a "I'm On a Boat" reference in the announcement.

"I got my swim trunks and my flippie-floppies. I'm flipping burgers, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies". Or something!

It's got to be a great time to be a spy, especially with the obnoxious Saharan Spy and Dead Ringer combo. People just don't understand that if you can't walk through teammates, they're not your teammates, that you shouldn't heal or uber them. If you are ubering them, and they're sapping all of your engineers buildings, you should probably stop ubering them.

Holy fuck.

derFeef

jaundicejuice said:
It's got to be a great time to be a spy, especially with the obnoxious Saharan Spy and Dead Ringer combo. People just don't understand that if you can't walk through teammates, they're not your teammates, that you shouldn't heal or uber them. If you are ubering them, and they're sapping all of your engineers buildings, you should probably stop ubering them.

Holy fuck.
I see a lot of new spies (scouts!) and they still manage to kill me. It is so annoying. Man up and attack me upfront, coward!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Would anyone be interested in trading for a Solemn Vow? Sure, it's not the most interesting of Uber Update weapons, but you do get to bash skulls in with Hippocrates.

Yeef

I got two of the Heavy's cop hats. I'd be willing to trade for just about any of the other summer hats that I don't have (I have the cop hat and the spurs). I'd prefer the golf hat or the turtle neck, but anything will do.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Two misc slots? Now Yeef will be happy using both the Goggles and the socks.
Yes!

Zomba13

I got the cop shades, Iron Jaw and Golf Club. I think I'm willing to trade the Golf Club or Shades for the Spy thing or Mail box.

Zomba13

Pandoracell said:
Is there a rough estimate as to how much the strange weapons are worth in cash?
I think it depends on the wep but I doubt much more than the price of the key. I mean you either get a strange wep or a hat from those crates.

EDIT: Also any word on when We'll get the added misc slot?

EDIT 2: I hope we can eventually paint the Heavy's iron jaw. I wanna paint it White and make it look like Max is eating all of the Heavy's head :D

Sanic

Zomba13 said:
I think it depends on the wep but I doubt much more than the price of the key. I mean you either get a strange wep or a hat from those crates.

Thanks, someone wanted to give me $3 for one, seems good enough to me.

Zomba13

Traded my Golf Club for Mailbox on the first Degroot's Keep server I played :D.
Verily Hasty. I'd rather have a reskin of the Axtinguisher than another reskin of the eyelander.

Still got my Heavy Shades to trade. I'd love the spy thing but I guess I can't be too fussy.

Zomba13

Jagxyz said:
Fuck yes, just got my first hat drop..
Villain's Veil!

woooooo! Only took like 160hrs of playtime.
Nice.
My first hat drop was the Killer's Kabuto. Was pretty pleased with that. It took a lot of drops for it though.

So I went to see what hats were on sale and make a list, in case there were any I had wanted.

I ended up with a list of 16 hats. What have you done to me, Valve ... ;_;

Wallach

Jagxyz said:
Fuck yes, just got my first hat drop..
Villain's Veil!

woooooo! Only took like 160hrs of playtime.

Wow, that is an awesome first drop! Those thing still trade around as much as a Bill's Hat. Definitely one of the best hat drops you can get.

Jagxyz

Wallach said:
Wow, that is an awesome first drop! Those thing still trade around as much as a Bill's Hat. Definitely one of the best hat drops you can get.

Yea, when I saw the price on it I was surprised. I'm probably gonna sell it though cause I don't play sniper much (probably cause I can't get headshots for shit).

webrunner

I've got an extra Market Gardener.. anyone willing to trade their extra Liberty Launcher, Reserve Shooter, Winger, BOoties, Persueder, Eviction Notice, Tomislav, uber medic item, uber Sniper item, or big earner? THanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom