• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Weenerz said:
Are we able to check out yet? I'd love to see myself, but doing that will pause my download and I need Shogun 2 to finish.
As long as what you want to buy isn't a key.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Weenerz said:
Are we able to check out yet? I'd love to see myself, but doing that will pause my download and I need Shogun 2 to finish.
You can buy anything but the keys,

Ketch

Well I got the summer shades, which is the only ticket prize I wanted so that's good... but you can't paint them... there are far too many items that cannot be painted, I've got like 9 cans of paint and nothing to use them on.

Milly79

Tkawsome said:
I think this update broke my game. Crashed on me three times in a row. Anyone else having problems?
On a Mac, yes. Guess its known after reading the Steam forums. Man, I was having so much fun. How quick do they fix these things?

Milly79 said:
On a Mac, yes. Guess its known after reading the Steam forums. Man, I was having so much fun. How quick do they fix these things?

Yep, didn't catch your post on top. Hopefully it's not out long.

Ikuu

I can't believe after all these years they haven't fixed the bug where you pick a team at the start of the round and you don't spawn.

Ghost23

What are the achievements you need to get the shades? I have the one that came out today but I don't have shades.

EDIT: there is a buffalo steak sandvich glitch where it let's you use your gun instead of your fist. You have been warned.

Milly79

Bah, oh well. Was looking forward to sinking a few more hours into it before work. Guess I'll have to wait until tonight if they've fixed it.

Edit: since I'm new to the PC version, can anyone point me in the right direction of the drops, crafting and store stuff? I've gotten a small grasp on it, but this stuff wasn't on the 360 version when I played it, so I'm kinda outta the loop a bit.

Ikuu

Seems you can checkout with keys now. But as usual the item/store servers are complete shit and probably won't load.

Finally got in and got the Spies Turtleneck.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
FuzzyNorman said:
What are the achievements you need to get the shades? I have the one that came out today but I don't have shades.

EDIT: there is a buffalo steak sandvich glitch where it let's you use your gun instead of your fist. You have been warned.

It's part of the Steam Summer Sale meta game. You have to complete achievements in various games to get 'tickets' that are redeemable for in-game prizes on the Steam store page.

If you already have one achievement from a game, then getting the shades should be easy. Join the Summer Sale steam group and link your Steam account to your facebook account. Then you'll have enough tickets to redeem the shades (or any other piece of DLC you fancy).

See here: http://store.steampowered.com/summersale/prizebooth/

Ark

Am I the only Mac TF2 player who takes like 3+ minutes to load into a server? It's stupidly slow. It's not my internet or whatever, because I load into servers just fine in other non-source games (CoD4 for example).

Ikuu

Wallach said:
Hmm... to buy summer crate keys or not to buy.
Best thing to do is buy them on a new account and just use that to idle, rather than buying them on your main account.

Ikuu

KarmaCow said:
Does buying keys on a F2P account, then transferring it to another account count as upgrading to premium?
Yes. Buy keys on alt, and just trade the crates to them, open and then trade the items.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I also got the Engi Misc, that I may trade. Not sure yet though, need to see if there is something else I actually want.

Milly79

Will any of the crates be free? If not, someone can have mine. I have 3.

And one of those Mine Co. Or whatever crates. I have one. Bought two keys, so I'm done spending money on them.

KarmaCow

Milly79 said:

During the last Winter sales when they had a similar deal with crates, they gave everyone one free key at the end.

Ikuu said:
Yes. Buy keys on alt, and just trade the crates to them, open and then trade the items.

Nice, I just need the .gcf to transfer the game without redownloading it again right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Milly79 said:

And one of those Mine Co. Or whatever crates. I have one. Bought two keys, so I'm done spending money on them.
I would hold onto one, you may get a free Summer Key.

Reknoc

Damn crates, oh well gave me an excuse to add funds to my wallet I guess. Not a bad haul though, Strange Sticky Launcher, Strange Direct Hit, and the Pyro boot hat (which looks dumb).

Wallach

I opened 8 of the summer crates; 2 Tam O' Shatners (new demo hat), Spy misc (turtleneck), Heavy misc (cop shades), Demo golf club, and three Pyro mailboxes. Could have been worse.

Exuro

Wallach said:
I opened 8 of the summer crates; 2 Tam O' Shatners (new demo hat), Spy misc (turtleneck), Heavy misc (cop shades), Demo golf club, and three Pyro mailboxes. Could have been worse.
I'll trade you the engy boots for a mailbox

gotee12

Spent $5 to get two summer keys for the new crates. Got a Rogue's Col Roule and a Tam O'Shanter. I have no idea if I just wasted that $5 or not...

Beyond the fact that I just spent $5 for virtual items that have no value in the physical world in which I reside.

Ceebs

Best use of the free glasses I have found

untitledrr5z.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom