• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoz

The new rocket launcher is seriously awesome. It fires down the middle, changing the properties of the RL, and, maybe this is my imagination, but, I think I can force it to corner sometimes too by firing during the reload animation at a certain point. Need to test some more.

yeoz said:
The new rocket launcher is seriously awesome. It fires down the middle, changing the properties of the RL, and, maybe this is my imagination, but, I think I can force it to corner sometimes too by firing during the reload animation at a certain point. Need to test some more.
did you pick up Quake or trade for it?

Sourtreats said:
I really want to get a Team Captain and Mutton Chops for my Soldier. It would be the best combo. Shame I'll never get 13-14 Refine.
I find that the Chops + Honcho's is a better combination.

You look like a straight-up 3rd world dictator.

yeoz said:
i bought the quakecon pack.
fuck man, why must you tempt me???! :-(

*only game I own in the entire pack is New Vegas. I'm ripe for the picking.

Sourtreats said:
I really want to get a Team Captain and Mutton Chops for my Soldier. It would be the best combo. Shame I'll never get 13-14 Refine.
Well, you might spend $15 in idling accounts and $69.99 on the Quakecon pack; when the items become tradable, your dream will become true.

Or just use some spare money and buy them from the store, and you don't have to bother with the hat economy.

Buying stuff from the store is usually overpriced, and leaves you with items you can't trade away for nearly any value if you get tired of them.

Sourtreats said:

Never = Go buy a pair of Earbuds for $18, and trade them for keys or metal.

"Real money," I know, but sometimes your time is worth more. It just depends on how much you actually "really want" it.

Sgt.Pepper said:
What I'm saying is that if he wants it so much, he will have to use real money since this hat economy is crap.

But Buds still have their raw value. Getting the items he wants through the store means he'll probably pay more, for items with very little value if he ever tires of them. And while WETA and the Team Captain creator deserve their money more than the person you're getting the Earbuds from, it's honestly Valve's fault for setting up the economy this way. If you buy from the store, you're punished.

Alright family, I own only 1 game in the Quakecon pack. and in fact, the only games I've played in the entire 34 game set are the DOOM games and Q3 Arena. I missed Quake 1 and 2 as I was playing other PC games during those times and did not come back to FPS until Unreal Tournament.

I don't necessarily know if I'll play any of them even if I buy them if I'm perfectly honest with myself.

Should I say "fuck it" and jump on the $70 pack or what?

I'm going to hold of buying the TC and Chops from the store. I might just buy the Quake pack and then trade off one of the items for them.

Kulock said:
But Buds still have their raw value. Getting the items he wants through the store means he'll probably pay more, for items with very little value if he ever tires of them. And while WETA and the Team Captain creator deserve their money more than the person you're getting the Earbuds from, it's honestly Valve's fault for setting up the economy this way. If you buy from the store, you're punished.
I know. Like I said, he will have to spend real money to get the items he wants; either with idling accounts, buying from store, exploiting promo items, buying buds and re-selling them or trading games for items.

Valve won't be fixing anything, for a person that doesn't want to spend money it takes like what, 5-6 weeks for MAYBE 1-2 Ref? Not worth the wait, especially with inflated items like Team Captain.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I know. Like I said, he will have to spend real money to get the items he wants; either with idling accounts, buying from store, exploiting promo items, buying buds and re-selling them or trading games for items.

Valve won't be fixing anything, for a person that doesn't want to spend money it takes like what, 5-6 weeks for MAYBE 1-2 Ref? Not worth the wait, especially with inflated items like Team Captain.
agree 100%.

just looking over the prices for the pre-order games...

I guess $60 is the new price for PC games? Do we expect RAGE to be worth the price of admission?

yeoz

Dreams-Visions said:
Alright family, I own only 1 game in the Quakecon pack. and in fact, the only games I've played in the entire 34 game set are the DOOM games and Q3 Arena. I missed Quake 1 and 2 as I was playing other PC games during those times and did not come back to FPS until Unreal Tournament.

I don't necessarily know if I'll play any of them even if I buy them if I'm perfectly honest with myself.

if you preorder rage or skyrim you get $15 off the pack for each

yeoz said:
if you preorder rage or skyrim you get $15 off the pack for each
and we expect Rage and or Skyrim to deliver?

If so, I'll just buy both and the pack. I honestly haven't followed any of the Rage or Skyrim games and I've never played an Elder Scrolls game more than about 30 mintues, lifetime.

I just...I'm still adjusting to $59 PC games. It's not the money so much as the principle. I'm not used to it yet.

*Kanyeshrug*

Dreams-Visions said:
just looking over the prices for the pre-order games...

I guess $60 is the new price for PC games? Do we expect RAGE to be worth the price of admission?
Price gouging. I honestly don't know what the fuck is going on now, but seems like retailers are pressuring Valve or something; from what I read in the Steam OT.

yeoz

Dreams-Visions said:
and we expect Rage and or Skyrim to deliver?

If so, I'll just buy both and the pack. I honestly haven't followed any of the Rage or Skyrim games and I've never played an Elder Scrolls game more than about 30 mintues, lifetime.

I just...I'm still adjusting to $59 PC games. It's not the money so much as the principle. I'm not used to it yet.

*Kanyeshrug*
well, I bought skyrim. I was going to buy it anyway (probably for the 360 though. i might still get a 360 LE if there are any good goodies).

yeoz

So, I uber Forkball. First thing he does? Walks right into the sawblade on sawmill.

Also, if you're hacking, it's probably a good idea not to headshot fully invisible spies. That tends to give away your hax.

also here's the script i use to toggle FOV. put in your autoexec.cfg or something. and change the key to what you want it to be:
Code:
fov_desired 90
alias "fovToggle" "fov1"
alias "fov1" "fov_desired 75; alias fovToggle fov2"
alias "fov2" "fov_desired 90; alias fovToggle fov1"
bind "=" fovToggle

yeoz said:
well, I bought skyrim. I was going to buy it anyway (probably for the 360 though. i might still get a 360 LE if there are any good goodies).
I know I'm going to buy both...I just...I play very few videogames in general...and don't know if I'd pick up either game before they were to go on some sort of discount.

I might jump anyway. Not sure. If both games are expected to deliver, I'm in.

Dreams-Visions said:
I know I'm going to buy both...I just...I play very few videogames in general...and don't know if I'd pick up either game before they were to go on some sort of discount.

I might jump anyway. Not sure. If both games are expected to deliver, I'm in.

You don't sound very enthusiastic so don't do it. The items are never worth it.

yeoz said:
also here's the script i use to toggle FOV. put in your autoexec.cfg or something. and change the key to what you want it to be:
Code:
fov_desired 90
alias "fovToggle" "fov1"
bind "=" fovToggle
what is that useful for?

Grimm Fandango said:
oh, I'd be getting the games on their own merits. I just haven't been following them closely. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that the games are expected to deliver since my gaming attention been pretty much just TF2, MvC3 and...I think that's it. lol.

yeoz

Cuban Legend said:
what is that useful for?
switches between fov 75 and 90. i basically only use it when i need to hit things farther away with the DH or something. which fov 75 is useful for.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
yeoz said:
switches between fov 75 and 90. i basically only use it when i need to hit things farther away with the DH or something. which fov 75 is useful for.
...what
why

That seems really pointless to me

yeoz

Grimm Fandango said:
All the items will be craftable too at some point.

Hazaro said:
...what
why

That seems really pointless to me
hey, it's just a toggle, and i admit that it's rarely used, but, i use it sometimes because i can!

DarkKyo

Here is my texture work so far.. it's my first real attempt so be gentle... I really wanna post it over at polycount to get some pro criticism but I am scared :/

JKWQo.jpg

Making it all scuffed up and stuff...

Think I might call it Dark Deity or Dark Deity's Visage

Dreams-Visions said:

Pick up the $30 Doom/Quake pack (which makes Quake 4 by itself for $20 seem ridiculous) instead of the $70 QuakeCon pack.

Ultratech

Reading that blog post, I see why I got a Pip Boy on my Engineer today.

Kinda funny since it changes the Build Interface sorta similar to what the Pip Boy looks like in Fallout 3.

Dechaios said:
Here is my texture work so far.. it's my first real attempt so be gentle... I really wanna post it over at polycount to get some pro criticism but I am scared :/

http://i.imgur.com/JKWQo.jpg[IMG]

Think I might call it [B]Dark Deity[/B] or [B]Dark Deity's Visage[/B][/QUOTE]

Those look pretty cool. The angles on them look a bit awkward on that picture, but I imagine it probably looks pretty nice on a character model.

Zomba13

Dechaios said:

http://i.imgur.com/JKWQo.jpg[IMG]

Think I might call it [B]Dark Deity[/B] or [B]Dark Deity's Visage[/B][/QUOTE]
Well I think it looks awesome. Would love to see it make it in game. I bet it'll be a very popular Pyro hat if it does.

Yeef

yeoz said:
Code:
fov_desired 90
alias "fovToggle" "fov1"
bind "=" fovToggle
That's overly complicated!

This does the same thing with fewer lines of code and no need for aliases!
bind "=" "incrementvar fov_desired 75 90 15"

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Looks like my friend is going to trade me the Quake RL after it becomes tradeable :D Which leaves me with only wanting the brink sniper hat and I'm not buying brink for that, and the skyrim heavy hat, and I probably wont be able to afford a preorder on that right now with bills that need to be paid. Oh well :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Juancho9 said:
I'm being offered a pair of buds and a white bills hat for my unusual green confetti defiant spartant, is that a worthwhile trade?
I think the absolute minimum would be 3 buds. Bills = 0.5 buds.
Green confetti is pretty bad tmk though.

XeroSauce

Juancho9 said:
I'm being offered a pair of buds and a white bills hat for my unusual green confetti defiant spartant, is that a worthwhile trade?

I'd say it's 2-2.5 buds. Defiant Spartan dropped in value and confetti is not a great effect. but it's worth more then 1.5 Buds (that offer you're getting).

XeroSauce said:
I'd say it's 2-2.5 buds. Defiant Spartan dropped in value and confetti is not a great effect. but it's worth more then 1.5 Buds (that offer you're getting).
What about the bud and the white bills hat? I thought bills hats were worth a good amount(from what I have seen).

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Juancho9 said:
What about the bud and the white bills hat? I thought bills hats were worth a good amount(from what I have seen).

2 Bills are worth 1 buds. So He's offering you essentially 1.5 buds (3 bills) approximately. You could probably get 2-2.5 (so 4-5 bills) for that.

XeroSauce

Juancho9 said:

Buds is 1 buds. Bills is worth half of Buds (you can get 2 Bills for a Buds).

So he's essentially offering you 1.5 Buds. Not worth it for the god damn Spartan hat.

The white paint helps but really almost all bills are painted nowadays.

DarkKyo

Ultratech said:
Those look pretty cool. The angles on them look a bit awkward on that picture, but I imagine it probably looks pretty nice on a character model.
Yeah its actually better looking zoomed out, it gets really fish-eye like when you zoom in with the program. Next time I post a screenshot here it will be in-game in itemtest.

Zomba13 said:
Well I think it looks awesome. Would love to see it make it in game. I bet it'll be a very popular Pyro hat if it does.

Thank you! I bet it would look cool as an unusual as well.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I like Malevolent Maskmann. Hey, and don't forget to make the Mario hat! :p
That's actually a cool name for it. I may supply that for a back-up.

And yeah I know, the mario hat.. I just have so many ideas I want to get to first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom