• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I only own New Vegas and I got the Pip Boy. Skyrim was just put up on the store as well, so I assume you'll get the Heavy helmet if you buy it. The Quake Rocket Launcher is ONLY for people who buy Quake IV (which got put on the store today). Valve trollin'

OMG Aero

Do promotional hats/misc items ever become craftable?
I really want that Pip-Boy but can't bring myself to buy a game I already own to get it.

Exuro

OMG Aero said:
I really want that Pip-Boy but can't bring myself to buy a game I already own to get it.
What? You don't need to rebuy games to get the promo items.

EDIT:I'm guessing you bought it retail or from another store. All promo items become craftable after so much time i believe.

Baha

Forkball said:
I only own New Vegas and I got the Pip Boy. Skyrim was just put up on the store as well, so I assume you'll get the Heavy helmet if you buy it. The Quake Rocket Launcher is ONLY for people who buy Quake IV (which got put on the store today). Valve trollin'

Really?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Exuro said:
What? You don't need to rebuy games to get the promo items. Unless you bought retail and that doesn't count.

Its steamworks even, so unless he bought it on console (God knows why you would play a bethesda game on a console, no offense intended of course), he should be good.

it just hit me that I was about to overspend greatly for Anger.

why pay $24 for a game I won't play to get a hat I can trade for for 3 or 4 keys at most?

Forkball

OMG Aero said:
Ever since the Shogun update, all promo items eventually become craftable, but lose their "Genuine" status. It might take a week or two.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Dreams-Visions said:
it just hit me that I was about to overspend greatly for Anger.

why pay $24 for a game I won't play to get a hat I can trade for for 3 or 4 keys at most?

Alternatively, find a friend who already owns the game, also owns tf2, but doesnt play it. Thats what I'm going to do for the brink hat and a second pip boy.

Exuro

Zerokku said:
Its steamworks even, so unless he bought it on console (God knows why you would play a bethesda game on a console, no offense intended of course), he should be good.
Well I thought about it and you may not get it if you purchased it retail or on a non Steam DD.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Exuro said:
Well I thought about it and you probably don't get it if you purchase it retail or on a non Steam DD.

Its steamworks so it would plug into steam no matter what source you got it from. Bought the retail CE at launch and got my pip boy just now when I jumped on TF2 for a moment.

Exuro

Zerokku said:
Its steamworks so it would plug into steam no matter what. Bought the retail CE at launch and got my pip boy just now when I jumped on TF2 for a moment.
I know what steamworks is. Retroactive games obviously work different from preordered ones. If you preordered Shogun on at non Steam place you wouldn't get the promo items. Nice to see that you still get them even if you didn't originally buy it off Steam.

DarkKyo

Took the plunge and got Brink half off + Skyrim since I was gonna buy it(Skyrim) eventually anyways.

LOVE the new hats! Not sure what I'll paint Anger but it's amazing. I love how the genuine status makes the hat read "Genuine Anger" haha.

mojiimbo

OMG Aero said:
Yeah, they eventually make them craftable and able to be found in drops but you have to gamble and pay 4 refined plus a class token for the hats with abysmal odds. The Pip-Boy will probably be really common considering that New Vegas is only on Steamworks on PC. The hard part will be convincing someone who doesn't care about TF2 to download 10GB so they can give it to you.

JackEtc

Bakphoon said:
d05R7.png

I'll keep trying until you all are satisfied with it.
Bakphoon said:
I hope the "graph line" is the big white line

1LsQ4.png
I like both of those.

dani_dc

I have Fallout 3 but not NV and didn't get any pitboy so I suppose that confirms that pitboy is gained with NV.

Anyone from UK/Europe interested on Brink should look around in stores, the PC version of the game can be found for 8 pounds in various places (amazon and game both have it for that price).

Well NV is only $15 so I think I might get it. Might as well wait until August 7th for a small chance at a sale.

And $60 for Skyrim? I'm sure I can find a better deal as it gets closer to release.

OMG Aero

Zerokku said:
Yeah, I got New Vegas on console because I saw it dirt cheap in a store. Not to mention that my computer would probably run it very poorly anyway.

Hopefully they end up being common enough so I can trade a couple of hats for one.

Milly79

If I bought NV to get the pip (I'm on a Mac), could I still sell the game at a discount or gift it? Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Exuro

Milly79 said:
If I bought NV to get the pip (I'm on a Mac), could I still sell the game at a discount or gift it? Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask.
When you buy it it's tied to your Steam account. You can't resell your games.

dani_dc

Milly79 said:
Bah. Thanks anyway. Not sure it's worth $15, but I sure want it.
There's a chance the game will be sold at a cheaper price during the next 3 days. The game is also steamworks if you want to look for it at a retail store.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
OMG Aero said:
Yeah, I got New Vegas on console because I saw it dirt cheap in a store. Not to mention that my computer would probably run it very poorly anyway.

Hopefully they end up being common enough so I can trade a couple of hats for one.

My rule of thumb for Bethesda is to always go PC. Patches (which will be needed, no matter what) will come out faster, and the community can mod out all the other bugs.

Edit: If I can get a third one from someone somehow, I'll give you one.

Dreams-Visions said:
I'm going to do it. That hat is too sweet.

is this for the game that came out in May? or for the DLC?
but you'll be basically paying 25$ for the hat, Brink is an awful game, heck is not even worth 25$; just wait a little till you can craft/trade for the sniper hat or buy it with ref.

Dreams-Visions said:
naturally, none of my friends own Brink.

that must tell you something

The Omega Man said:
but you'll be basically paying 25$ for the hat, Brink is an awful game, heck is not even worth 25$; just wait a little till you can craft/trade for the sniper hat or buy it with ref.

This can't be quoted enough.

The Omega Man said:

that must tell you something
it does and I've already decided. I'll trade for it if i'm interested later down the road. It won't trade for more than the equivalent of 3 or 4 keys anyway.

moojito

I wanted to start playing engineer more, so loaded him up last night as the team had none. Didn't do so well (bad dispenser and sentry placement), but got my teleporter up quick smart and in a safe spot, so I'm at least helping the team out. Then all of a sudden half the team were engineers. That's pretty damn annoying when that happens.

Still, if I get this pip boy I don't care if the whole team goes engineer. Sentries will be goin' up!

DarkKyo

I love the new Pip-Boy but I can't help but wish that the PDA display would be solely on the Pip-Boy itself Fallout 3/NV style and not just a reskin while holding the same old PDA.

Inkwell

Banned
Crap. I wanted that Quake rocket launcher. No way am I going to purchase Quake 4 again to get it. Especially for $20. Probably wouldn't even do it at $10.

derFeef

Dechaios said:
I love the new Pip-Boy but I can't help but wish that the PDA display would be solely on the Pip-Boy itself Fallout 3/NV style and not just a reskin while holding the same old PDA.
Would be cool if he would hold it the way the character in fallout does.

awwyeahgurrl said:
What's the thoughts on the quake RL being craftable at some stage. I love quake John Carmac, just not that much.

It will be, in a few weeks. But it'll probably be the recipe that uses the tokens so you'll have a 1 in 6 chance...

Exuro

Dechaios said:
I think we're lucky it even does what it does. It is just a misc item after all.

I wonder if the Quake rocket launcher shoots from the center.

Maybe I should pick up the Quakecon pack. I don't own any of those games on Steam anyway.

Sciz

You get the Quake 1 rocket launcher for buying Quake 4, a game which has jack all to do with Quake 1.

ZeniMax be trollin' hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom