• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Chinner said:
Valve doesn't set the prices.

I think he's misinterpreting the "ONLY" part of the post, and assuming that you won't be able to get the weapon at all without buying Q4.

Of course, like all Genuine items, it'll be craftable.

DarkKyo

Exuro said:
I think we're lucky it even does what it does. It is just a misc item after all.
That's true, it's still a really cool feature. I can't wait for multiple misc slots so I can wear it alongside the spurs.

Acerac

Banned
Mafro said:
Have they fixed text idling or something? Did it overnight last night after the reset and got absolutely nothing.
Text idling hasn't worked properly for me for a while. I don't bother any more, I just idle against bots now. Takes an extra 2 minutes to set up and it works consistently.

Charron said:
I think he's misinterpreting the "ONLY" part of the post, and assuming that you won't be able to get the weapon at all without buying Q4.

Of course, like all Genuine items, it'll be craftable.
yeah, that's why I meant. for a moment there I thought that the only way to get the rocket like ever, was by purchasing Q4

Javaman

darthbob said:
Game just gave me a Genuine Anger. I own Brink, also have Fallout 3 GOTY too.

I'd rather have the Pip-Boy tbqh.

So I guess it's tied into Vegas. :( I was hopping to wait on buying it once the inevitable GOTY version comes out.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Ugh. The store page makes it sound like you'll only get the items (even the preorder items like Skyrim) if you buy the game before Quake-Con ends. Damn it.

Gav47

I am going to guess the Wingstick and The Tamrielic Relic are both going to be super rare genuines if they are only being given out before the 8th.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Acerac said:
No reload animation? I suppose that makes sense.

That or it's reloading off-screen, considering the front dips that far down and Soldier always front-loads.

Bakphoon

So, i really did it...
I have a second account only for Idling stuff in TF2.

What should i buy in the mann co. store to make the account premium?

mojiimbo said:
Rocket jumper. It's only $.50 and it'll help you learn to rocket jump. I don't think it drops and it would cost an annoying amount of metal to craft.

I appreciate the advice, but it would be non tradeable and not craftable :(

mojiimbo

Rocket jumper. It's only $.50 and it'll help you learn to rocket jump. I don't think it drops and it would cost an annoying amount of metal to craft.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Bakphoon said:
So, i really did it...

2 Keys. You have to spend a minimum of $5 anyways. You can always trade the keys for metal or other various items anyways.

Bakphoon said:
So, i really did it...

I appreciate the advice, but it would be non tradeable and not craftable :(
2 keys? either use them to open crates. or trade them up to a bills hat once you have enough keys.
-About that PIP BOY, I'll just wait until it start to go for a couple refined and trade for it, no sense spending 15 bucks on a game i wont play just for a virtual TF2 item....

-BTW everyone, lets not forget we have a TF2 Trading thread.
-In Post #3 I've got new stock of UBER Update weapons and a Righteous Bison, tons of random weapons, and tons of strange weapon crates, all dirt cheap for GAF!

Evlar

Banned
mojiimbo said:
It does drop; it was the first drop I received when I came back to the game. The second was the Sticky Jumper. I had thought that was purposeful, heh.

mojiimbo said:

Rocket Jumper is a bad idea, IMO. You need to not only learn how to properly rocket jump, but get an understanding for how much health you're going to sacrifice when you do it, and the Rocket Jumper won't help you learn that.

DarkKyo

Cuban Legend said:
til it start to go for a couple refined and trade for it, no sense spending 15 bucks on a game i wont play just for a virtual TF2 item....

But Fallout New Vegas is an incredible game!! Why do you care about the Pip-Boy if you don't even like Fallout?

Dechaios said:
But Fallout New Vegas is an incredible game!! Why do you care about the Pip-Boy if you don't even like Fallout?
this is the sad life of the TF2 Item whore...

also to answer ytour question seriously: Bethesda's style of open world game sorta lost my interest since oblivion and morrowind... It used to blow my mind how much freedom I had, but at my ag/mindset now, it's just too much freedom that I end up getting bored/burnt out doing sidequests to ever finish the game.

Cuban Legend said:
this is the sad life of the TF2 Item whore...

also to answer ytour question seriously: Bethesda's style of open world game sorta lost my interest since oblivion and morrowind... It used to blow my mind how much freedom I had, but at my ag/mindset now, it's just too much freedom that I end up getting bored/burnt out doing sidequests to ever finish the game.
I would recommend playing New Vegas despite that. It's Obsidian's attempt, and while under Bethesda's engine, it plays a bit differently. There's more structure to it, and it helps that it's an amazing game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
The easiest way to answer would be to say that July 15th was my birthday, and I had a rough 3 weeks thanks to it. I should be on tonight.
Mid-life crisis with 3 week bender...coke, hookers, and hats. Gotcha!

KarmaCow said:
It'll probably be like the Witcher 2 and RFA weapons and you'll need to use the token recipe for the 1/6 chance of getting it.

Damn, I don't want to buy Quake 4, rather have the money put toward RAGE, but I really want that RL :(

Forkball

RoaringHawk said:
Maybe because they are blocked in most servers. I don't know why actually!
I think because they are framerate eaters for a lot of people. The RL has about double the polygons as the next highest-poly weapon.

Forkball said:
I think because they are framerate eaters for a lot of people. The RL has about double the polygons as the next highest-poly weapon.

Makes sense I guess, but really annoying since I crafted them as soon as they were available and now only a few servers allow them.

Forkball

TRIPLE POST TIME.

http://teamfortress.com/

There was apparently a blog post no one knew/cared about.

soldier_quake.jpg

It was way back on August 24th, 1996 that the first version of Team Fortress took its first feeble baby steps out into the world. At the time it only had five playable classes, no maps, and--believe it or not--no hats. There wasn't even a concept of teams yet. That's right, we didn't actually get teams into a game called Team Fortress until a couple of releases after the initial launch. (The next time someone says their game isn't ready to release yet because they're missing a core feature, you can helpfully point this out to them.)

What the initial version of TF did have, though, was a Soldier class wielding the original Quake's iconic weapon, the rocket launcher. Now, fifteen years later, thanks to Bethesda and id software you too can wield that same rocket launcher in TF2, original sound effects and all.

It ended up being surprisingly difficult to integrate the Quake rocket launcher into TF2, mainly because any time we started working on it, we'd get sidetracked by hours of reminiscing: about that first Quake game, about its impact on us all personally, and on Valve overall. When Quake celebrated its 15th birthday this past June 22nd, we realized just how damn many of us at Valve are here because of id software. Some of us were inspired by their games' technical prowess, and others by getting their first taste of game development thanks to Doom and Quake's revolutionary approach to user-generated content.

So, thanks id, for... well, everything.

As long as we're here, we might as well tell you how to actually get your hands on that rocket launcher we've been getting all misty-eyed over. If you've been living under a rock, you may not be aware that QuakeCon started today. We're celebrating with a QuakeCon Steam Sale, where each day we'll have a new Bethesda title on sale. We've built TF2 items for pre-ordering Rage and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and whipped up an awesome Brink mask for those of you who own Brink (which also just released some free DLC). Quake IV landed on Steam today as well, and buying that will net you The Original Quake rocket launcher. We're also big Fallout fans, so we politely sent a few thousand emails to Bethesda until they let us build a replica Pip-Boy for the Engineer, which you'll get if you own Fallout: New Vegas. Note that all of this only runs the length of QuakeCon, so keep an eye on the QuakeCon Sale.

Bakphoon said:
So, i really did it...

I bought the backpack extender for $4.99 and traded it to my main account after 2 days. Or, you can do like everyone else and get 2 keys.

DarkKyo

Forkball said:
It's crazy how there are still grockets in the game. No one is even using the laser weapons any more.
Hmm, do you think they are permanent fixtures/landmarks in those maps? I kinda like 'em where they are.

Scipius

It was way back on August 24th, 1996 that the first version of Team Fortress took its first feeble baby steps out into the world.

I wonder if they have something planned for TF's 15th anniversary beyond just the Original and birthday mode.

Bluth54

Scipius said:
I wonder if they have something planned for TF's 15th anniversary beyond just the Original and birthday mode.
It would be cool if we get a big content update for the 15th anniversary, though it's likely too soon to get another big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom