• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bluth54

We should play Panic more often.

Yeef if you want to perform some admin abuse and switch the map over to Panic occasionally I will totally support you. Every time I nominate Panic it gets voted down so I pretty much stopped bothering to nominate it.

Also I just want to say Panic should be made an official map. We need more official Payload Race maps and Panic is the only good community PLR map I've played (besides Nightfall of course).

Panic is janktastic. Even if everyone were to have 30 ping, the map would still find a way to cause lag.

I only play vanilla pyro, but with Lollichop instead of axe. The Flamethrower buff made Axetinguisher less effective, and I don't want to use the Degreaser because that's not very satisfying. And Lollichop is my only strange pyro melee, so of course I have to use it over the Powerjack.

Hey Yeef, I got a good idea for your Saxxy submission. It's about a soldier who can't rocket jump and then quits tf2. That's it really. It's more of an art piece.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So, after all their web hosting woes... the UGC site is back up properly. The season start has been delayed to September 17, so we've got a little more time to find players and make a decision.

http://www.ugcleague.com/

So far, only 5 people have expressed interest in getting medals playing, IIRC:
  • Blizzard
  • ExMachina
  • NihonTiger90
  • Snacks the sober sea lion
  • SteveWinwood

I'll see if my cousin Ryuta would be willing to play Sniper, but his classes just started up again so he'll be busy.

I wouldn't mind signing up a team and reporting results, but don't really have any contacts when it comes to finding scrims... would just end up trying to wrangle people into a lobby or posting on UGC forums/Reddit/whatever to find practice matches.

Proven

So, after all their web hosting woes... the UGC site is back up properly. The season start has been delayed to September 17, so we've got a little more time to find players and make a decision.

• Blizzard
  • ExMachina
  • NihonTiger90
  • SteveWinwood

I'll see if my cousin Ryuta would be willing to play Sniper, but his classes just started up again so he'll be busy.

I wouldn't mind signing up a team and reporting results, but don't really have any contacts when it comes to finding scrims... would just end up trying to wrangle people into a lobby or posting on UGC forums/Reddit/whatever to find practice matches.

Based on what Dog and I did... we pretty much met people during games on tf2lobby or set up scrims with teams we faced in previous weeks. Posting on forums for matches wouldn't be a bad idea either.

• Blizzard
  • ExMachina
  • NihonTiger90
  • SteveWinwood

I'd be down if the team has a space that needs filling. I only really play Soldier, but if you need someone to be useless as another class then I'm yer man.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

• Blizzard
  • ExMachina
  • NihonTiger90
  • SteveWinwood

What is this, I don't even......

Well, have fun!

Nekofrog

Banned
So I was playing for 5 minutes when I found a Fall Crate, containing either the Robro 3000 or an exceptionally rare item. Anybody know anything about these? It requires a special Fall Key to open.

Alienups

- Added new promo items
- Added replay_name ConVar to set the name of the replay bot
- Added a notification to Steam Trading when a user's backpack is full
- Fixed tv_name ConVar not working
- Fixed non-robot Snipers playing some of the robot Sniper lines
- Fixed the looping tank sound not playing if it was spawned far from the player
- Fixed Monoculus health bar not showing when Monoculus spawns
- Fixed tank destruction effects playing at the map origin
- Fixed bots not displaying in the server browser properly
- Updated the localization files
- Updated Koth_King
- Added some geometry to hide floating staircases outside of playspace
- Performance improvements from prop reduction, additional surfaces tagged as nodraw, and reduced overlay counts
- Fixed some building faces where extra faces were being generated behind windows/etc due to spaces in geometry
- Updated Mvm_Decoy
- Updated Mvm_Coaltown
- Blocked bots from being blasted into the tank tunnel
- Blocked giants from getting stuck under the stairs in the final pit
- Updated Mvm_Mannworks
- Blocked bots from being blasted into the tank tunnel
- Added nobuild to stairs on center building where Engineers could build out of reach of Sentry Busters
- MvM changes
- Fixed a client money display issue when purchasing or selling bottle charges after changing classes
- Fixed an issue in the Server Browser where replay bots would add to the player count
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the bomb to get positioned incorrectly when dropped
- Added safeguards to prevent bots from getting stuck in certain cases
- Fixed sniper rifle reload upgrade not reducing the time delay from hip shot to scoping
- Fixed Steel Gauntlet robots failing to destroy minisentries on slopes
- Fixed the party leader's mission completions showing in the game lobby instead of your own
- Community-submitted schema changes:
- Backpack sounds updated for Rogue's Col Roule, Cozy Camper, Scrap Pack, Professor's Pineapple, Scottish Handshake, Monoculus!, Manniversary Paper Hat, Party Hat, Googly Gazer, Liquor Locker, and Something Special For Someone Special
- Weapon sound changes:
- The Pain Train now uses Equalizer sounds
- The Conscientious Objector now uses Kurkri sounds
- The Amputator now uses Bonesaw sounds
- The Solemn Vow now sounds like a wrench
- The Market Gardener now uses Shovel sounds
- The Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker now uses the Horsemann's Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker sounds
- Weapon crafting changes:
- The Teufort Tooth Kickers and Professor's Peculiarity are now craftable
- The Cozy Camper, Sun-on-a-Stick, and Sharpened Volcano Fragment are now craftable with tokens
- Weapon cosmetic changes:
- Added new styles to the Big Country, Professor's Peculiarity, and Copper's Hard Top
- The Third Degree now vaporizes enemies on kill like the Phlogistinator and the Manmelter
- Loosened equip region restrictions for the Whiskered Gentleman, Sight For Sore Eyes, Googly Gazer, and Nine-Pipe Problem
- The Birdcage, HOUWAR, and Scrap Pack can now get kill assists in Pyroland
- Updated attribute text to be more clear on the Loch-N-Load, Force-A-Nature, Soda Popper, and Family Business
- Weapon functionality is unchanged

Alienups

The Force-a-Nature
Flamethrower
Tomislav
Strange Part: Scouts Killed
Strange Part: Sappers Destroyed
Strange Part: Cloaked Spies Killed
The Backwards Ballcap
Professional's Panama

WTB: strange gunslinger

I just want a Strange Original already.

BlQTV.gif

Probably gonna be in a salvaged 50.

• Blizzard
  • ExMachina
  • NihonTiger90
  • SteveWinwood

I'm down for being pyro or spy I guess :p

Sianos

No Medic's Killed Strange Part yet. :(

Still, it is most excellent that they added in some more of Ned's great work. <3

Sianos

We don't need another reason for all of you to target me :(

After I targeted and successfully bombed in on Javaman multiple times he declared he'd never heal me again... until I saved him from a ravenous pack of Scouts!

I protect Medics from people like me who want to kill Medics!

After I targeted and successfully bombed in on Javaman multiple times he declared he'd never heal me again... until I saved him from a ravenous pack of Scouts!

I protect Medics from people like me who want to kill Medics!

You need to protects Medics and don't you rocket jump away.

Why weren't you chodes on tonight? We had some scout deathmatches going on for a good half hour.

And, no, I don't count you guys playing from 8-8:30 PM Central time as legit playing. I logged in at 8:35 PM and shit was a ghost town. Have I mentioned I hate 110% of you? Especially Borgnine and Yeef and Kirsten.

ALL OF YOU.

Bluth54

Yep.

The Solemn Vow sounds, despite the notes, were not added. They will be next patch according to Valve

Congrats on the second community schema getting added in. Keep it up!

I wonder if we're going to get a blog post worthy update very soon, seeing as how the Fall Crates they added in this update expire on the 20th of the month. They are going to have to add Fall keys very soon. Maybe the Manniversary update will be early this year instead of several weeks late?

Bluth54

And yes, the X-Com promos look awesome, yet I'll own them since I can't wait for X-Com. I plan on pre-ordering as soon as it hits Steam. I watched the hour long video of it from PAX this weekend, it looks great.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been on in awhile.

So, fellow ragers get on tonight so I can pick the rager of the month and gift em a game or key or hat of my choice.

Javaman

No Medic's Killed Strange Part yet. :(

Still, it is most excellent that they added in some more of Ned's great work. <3

You're the worst. Makes medic no fun to play at all. I broke down and healed you the other night, but I'm going to buy an abacus to keep track of your java-air-kills and skip healing you for a round each time.

Top Bottom