• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

Goldrush not only was a w+m1 corridorfest and killed the server, but also took twice as long as Hightower did. You know, the map everyone complains takes too long.

Other than that, fun games tonight.

Javaman

Goldrush not only was a w+m1 corridorfest and killed the server, but also took twice as long as Hightower did. You know, the map everyone complains takes too long.

Other than that, fun games tonight.
If it took that long, doesn't that mean the game was balanced?

Sianos

If it took that long, doesn't that mean the game was balanced?
Not really, Blue rolled us pretty quickly for the first half, but then after that it was just ten minute rounds of trying to break through the wall of spam.

You could argue Hightower only takes so long when teams are balanced as well, along with having the added benefit of options beside "walk down corridor" and "spam gun".

There are other better Payload maps: Upward, Badwater, Swiftwater, Cashworks, Borneo, Deadwood, even an hour of Thunder Mountain would be preferable to Goldrush/Hoodoo.

Kirsten

Not really, Blue rolled us pretty quickly for the first half, but then after that it was just ten minute rounds of trying to break through the wall of spam.

You could argue Hightower only takes so long when teams are balanced as well, along with having the added benefit of options beside "walk down corridor" and "spam gun".

There are other better Payload maps: Upward, Badwater, Swiftwater, Cashworks, Borneo, Deadwood, even an hour of Thunder Mountain would be preferable to Goldrush/Hoodoo.

Yeef can you please just make a specific OT so people can complain about Hightower. Ugggghhhhhh.

Yeef

We should play Panic more often.

Also, I will make hightower the testing ground! Depending on the day of the week, it'll have different mods.

Mondays will be normal.
Tuesdays will be forced classes.
Wednesdays will melee-only.
Thursdays will be Friendly Fire enabled.
Friday will be class limit of 2.
Saturdays will engineers only.
Sunday will be instant repawn.

That way, if we're going to play hightower so much, at least it'll be different each time!

I may or may not actually do this, depending on my level of laziness when I get home from work on Monday.

AcciDante

Also, I will make hightower the testing ground! Depending on the day of the week, it'll have different mods.

Mondays will be normal.

That way, if we're going to play hightower so much, at least it'll be different each time!

I may or may not actually do this, depending on my level of laziness when I get home from work on Monday.

Most of those sound like the woooooooorst.

Mondays will be normal.

I foresee no one playing on Saturdays.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just think it's fair to have criticisms about the map! There's no need to start an anti-criticism campaign when we can be nice and play better maps at the same time.
...you made me agree with losewood. I'm gunning for you if you're on.

NOBODY makes me agree with losewood.

Javaman

I can't help but notice a distinct lack of Barnblitz

Yeef

I can't help but notice a distinct lack of Barnblitz
Barn blitz is a 'meh' map. It's not bad, but it's not really all that good either.

For straight up payload, Thunder Mountain and Upward are my favorites, but Thunder Mountain takes too long to play it every night.

Yeef

Events are the best.

Also, people message me asking me to make events, and this is the thanks I get? Pffft!

Bluth54

> Wants to play different maps
> Leaves when we play new maps

JANK

It seems like most Jank players don't want to vote for community maps for some reason. The obvious solution is for Valve to make more community maps official so they are forced to download them and then will vote for them.

Actually a second community map pack would of been a nice way to tide us over for the second half of 2012 during the content drought of the first half of the year.

Yeef

I have a bunch of ideas. Specifically, one that I think is really good both as a stand-alone video or as a series of videos.

Of course, I still haven't even ever launched SFM even though I got in like the second week of the beta.

Sianos

Excellent games on more obscure maps tonight! Long live the Jank!

60873CA2BA20E72B853E948835F43FC56E6646F8

Top Bottom