• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
Another call for people interested in playing with a GAF team for this fall UGC Highlander season. There will be medals! At most, we'll need you 2 times a week (Monday nights for the league matches and a practice scrim/lobby) and any backups would be helpful. The start was pushed back to 9/17, so we've still got time...

http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h.cfm

The list so far... I suppose we should all post what classes we'd be willing to play, as Matt and Rickenslacker have helpfully done. I can guess for people who posted before, but humor me. :>

• Blizzard
  • ExMachina (Soldier, Demoman, Medic)
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90
  • Rickenslacker (preferably Soldier)
  • Snacks the sober sea lion
  • SteveWinwood
  • DJ Crimson (backup Scout )

Hoovy please, or arrow medic. Or wrangler engineer.

Sianos

Another call for people interested in playing with a GAF team for this fall UGC Highlander season. There will be medals! At most, we'll need you 2 times a week (Monday nights for the league matches and a practice scrim/lobby) and any backups would be helpful. The start was pushed back to 9/17, so we've still got time...

The list so far... I suppose we should all post what classes we'd be willing to play, as Matt and Rickenslacker have helpfully done. I can guess for people who posted before, but humor me. :>

• Blizzard
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90
  • SteveWinwood

Add me for Soldier. Some neat scheduling changes at work mean I should be able to!

• Blizzard
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90
  • SteveWinwood

Pyro is what I am best at. Failing that being, Soldier and Spy. Could also Demo but I'd need a lot of practice.

Also, if we need a team name: Gaffy GAF and the Janky Bunch is available.

I don't know why I get up in the morning when stuff like *spawn -> step outside for less than a second -> get hit by random sticky* happens.

I felt so defeated QQ

Collete

Yeah for 5-6 years been using trackpad to play every game (TF2 was no exception), haven't used a mouse on a regular basis till today. (Playing L4D with friends and being useless with a track pad is never a nice feeling =( )

68A4DB3FE2E745EEF124DCC3590398EA6C4374EE

I will make sure to turn to the left every single time I get a kill now.

Clydefrog

I logged on TF2 20 minutes ago. The very SECOND I joined a server, my roommate came home. Suddenly, Netflix. Suddenly, 150 ping.

TF2 is haunted for me.

I will be giving away my unusuals soon!

I logged on TF2 20 minutes ago. The very SECOND I joined a server, my roommate came home. Suddenly, Netflix. Suddenly, 150 ping.

TF2 is haunted for me.

I will be giving away my unusuals soon!

In my case, it is 700 ping :O

Give me your unusual, don't worry I won't sell it.

Bluth54

I can't believe they renamed the Sexual Tyrannosaurus to the Soviet Gentleman. The original name was so much better. If I ever get one I'll be using my name tag on it to correct the name.

I sort of like the spy hat, but how many fedoras does he need?

I'm not really that impressed with anything else.

I'm disappointed Valve didn't use this solider hat.

• Blizzard
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90
  • SteveWinwood

I wish I could play highlander with you guys, but I work second shift so I can only play on weekends.

Javaman

"Javaman's Complete Lack of Supplies".

(or complete lack of medals, if he's never been on a highlander team)
I'd love to join but with my shitty work schedule I won't be able to make many of the games. Maybe I could be a backup medic? What day/time are the matches usually?

Blizzard

Banned
In your screenshots, Alien, it sort of looks like a bird beak. But not even the cool kind of beak, like the plague mask. :/

Collete

Why go so long without a mouse? I'm pretty sure I recoiled from nausea just imagining myself trying to play on a trackpad.

It's a long story but, my family believed I didn't need one and since I was so long without a mouse anyways, I didn't really see the magic of having a mouse.

Just recently I was ordering a book on amazon and couldn't get free shipping over 25 dollars (book costs 17) so I thought it was a good opportunity to sneak a purchase of a cheap mouse and mouse pad. (They both work well and does it's job at least) Family wasn't mad since I would have paid same amount of money on shipping if I didn't get the mouse and mouse pad. So it all works out, now I'm a happy mouse user like everyone else!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to join but with my shitty work schedule I won't be able to make many of the games. Maybe I could be a backup medic? What day/time are the matches usually?
The actual matches are at 9:30 PM EST every Monday.

Updated list of people seeking UGC Highlander medals! http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h.cfm

Mains
  • Blizzard (Heavy, Medic, Engineer)
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90 (Pyro, Soldier, Spy, Demoman)
  • NSQuote (Soldier)
  • Rickenslacker (Soldier, other classes)
  • SteveWinwood
Backups
  • DJ Crimson (Scout)
  • Professor Beef (Medic)
8 people have expressed interest in outright playing with 2 specifying they'd like to be backups... so that still means we're short a full roster. Also, no one has listed Sniper yet as a class they'd be willing to play.

Bauhaus

Banned
Uncrated a Pyrotechnic Tote and a Bearded Bombardier yesterday, I really like the Demo beard but I still preffer the Russian Rocketeer over the Pyrotechnic Tote.

Oreoleo

The actual matches are at 9:30 PM EST every Monday.

Updated list of people seeking UGC Highlander medals! http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h.cfm

Mains
  • Blizzard (Heavy, Medic, Engineer)
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90 (Pyro, Soldier, Spy, Demoman)
  • NSQuote (Soldier)
  • Rickenslacker (Soldier, other classes)
  • SteveWinwood
Backups
  • DJ Crimson (Scout)
  • Professor Beef (Medic)
8 people have expressed interest in outright playing with 2 specifying they'd like to be backups... so that still means we're short a full roster. Also, no one has listed Sniper yet as a class they'd be willing to play.

If it's the kind of thing where I can say I'm on the team and get a medal but never actually do anything, than sure, sign me up.

DogWelder

Does anyone have a Max's head they would be willing to lend me for like 3 months? Lol. It's a requirement for a team I'm trying to play for (well, backup for) now that it seems the GAFlander team won't happen. At the end I'll give ya back the hat plus, let's say... 10 refined? Long shot but worth asking.

Top Bottom