• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

http://youtu.be/TGjd-ARy0gk?hd=1

cmon mayne, i thought only hitscan was supposed to have this problem. Never had it this bad with projectiles before.
TF2 has a problem with hit detection in mid-air. The hitboxes seem to travel a bit faster than the models, so you have to lead your shots a bit, even with hit scan stuff. It seems to have a similar problem with player hull collisions.

There's a thread on SPUF about porting TF2 to the Portal 2/CS:GO version of the source engine and it has replies from Valve employees; so maybe they'll actually do it!*

*Probably not.

Sianos

http://youtu.be/TGjd-ARy0gk?hd=1

cmon mayne, i thought only hitscan was supposed to have this problem. Never had it this bad with projectiles before.

You got me on the second one though. :U

Excellent gardener duels, Strange Mantreads made it to 30. And thanks again to Matt for the War Pig! :D

8B3C6580D45E57276A513BA8940D507BDF117BD3

Grinchy

Banned
My brother came up with this name/description for my strange huntsman. I had just gotten the headshot strange part for it when he thew this out. I hated it at first but then grew to like it.

My brother came up with this name/description for my strange huntsman. I had just gotten the headshot strange part for it when he thew this out. I hated it at first but then grew to like it.
Good way to get around your Strange Huntsman not being FDA-certified.

Can custom HUDs affect framerate? My performance has been steadily declining lately. I average maybe 40 FPS with everything maxed when I swear I it used to be smoother.

Alienups

Some people i know started experiencing far more crashes lately yeah. Some can't even play for 5 minutes anymore before getting a HL2.exe error.

Sianos

Foundry Rollout: Basic Gunboats Soldier

Could shave a few tenths seconds here and there, but I like how fast and straightforward this is. I'll keep experimenting with it, though.

Here's the maplist for this Highlander season:

pl_upward
cp_foundry
koth_lakeside
ctf_turbine_pro_b1
pl_swiftwater_ugc
cp_granary
koth_pro_viaduct_rc3
cp_gravelpit
koth_ashville_rc1
cp_gullywash_final1
pl_badwater
Finals 3 Maps

Sianos

Aside from ashville I think I've played all of those maps. Yay!

(everyone probably still hates foundry and turbine)

Ashville is pretty good, I've played it before. Not a very complex map, but unique in its own way.

Turbine_Pro is improved from Turbine, but I still prefer Vitalism. Foundry is one of the worse 5cp maps in my opinion, but it's still decent with only one Engie.

Oreoleo

Has the game been crashing for some people lately? After I play for an hour or so, it crashes.

Yeah, lately I get multiple crashes in an evening. Which usually means by the 2nd crash ~1 hour in I give up for the night.

Although now I'm realizing the 2nd one last night was because The Jank threw a hissy fit trying to switch maps.

Sianos

Yeah, lately I get multiple crashes in an evening. Which usually means by the 2nd crash ~1 hour in I give up for the night.

Although now I'm realizing the 2nd one last night was because The Jank threw a hissy fit trying to switch maps.
Yeah, we loaded up some crazy custom map that broke the server.

I <3 Jankyard

How good of a rig do you need to run this game at max and 60FPS? I'm running a GTX460 SE, AMD Phenom II X4, and 4 GB of RAM and I have to crank everything down to run smoothly.

BlackJace

How good of a rig do you need to run this game at max and 60FPS? I'm running a GTX460 SE, AMD Phenom II X4, and 4 GB of RAM and I have to crank everything down to run smoothly.

You should have plenty of power to run the game fine. You'll should be running it well above 60 actually. Source, at least for me, tends to chew up a decent bit of CPU processes, but everything else my rig devours.

I have a mid-range PC HD6850, Phenom II X6, and 4X1 GB Ram and it runs silk smooth.
Don't know what the problem is..

Yeef

I'd expect someone named Solid Snake to be more aware of his surroundings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9es8H_1NDmw&hd=1

We should be playing Standin way more often. Twas fun.
I agree.

As soon as I saw the stun with nothing underneath it, I had to get in there and kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0KrpBuQp7A&hd=1

Also, Yeef seems to think being killed by stickies is a conscious choice
It is! I got out just fine and got all the way to the point! (The trick is to use airblasts; having the rest of your team as decoys also helps).

Also, Zeke is a liar and doesn't know anything.

Also, I invented a new sport!

I know you have trouble understanding difficult concepts like SPLASH DAMAGE, HIT SOUNDS and DAMAGE NUMBERS, so I confuse you by discussing them.

Not my fault the game deemed you unworthy of an assist. Maybe you should try getting kills the next time you duel someone instead of depending on other people to do all the hard work for you.

So I took a little break to get away from the shitstorm that always ensues after a big update. Are things back to normal now? Has MvM taken away from the regular multiplayer at all?

Blizzard

Banned
So I took a little break to get away from the shitstorm that always ensues after a big update. Are things back to normal now? Has MvM taken away from the regular multiplayer at all?
Everyone stopped playing MVM once they ran out of ultra expensive tickets. ;(

Yeef

Everyone stopped playing MVM once they ran out of ultra expensive tickets. ;(
I still need to Mann Up for disk deletion, but I'm also interested in making/trying custom missions. I run a server locally (Bear vs. Bearchine) when I want to play. Sometimes, as a challenge I'll just give myself unlimited money and try to take on the maps by myself, but even with all the upgrades, some waves are pretty much impossible for 1 person.

One of my Steam friends (whose MvM server I've been using occasionally, recently) had a custom campaign on Mannworks which culminated in a round with 8 tanks. Going the same path. At the same time. Occupying the same space. (Although before that, you had to take out several more tanks; one slow one with an obscene chunk of health, and several fast ones with considerably less health to distract you. Also Snipers. Lots of Snipers.)

That was an interesting round.

Top Bottom