• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Javaman

The match comms that have been recorded will definitely support us, but we might as well take it safe and show up in the server tonight. I messaged Yeef about it... so be ready to sit around and do nothing for 15 minutes to get our first UGC win, huzzah!

So join the Jank at 9:30 PM EST and quote this post to see server password.

I'll be there a bit after 9 with my engy or medic hat on. Hopefully this won't happen to us later on. We've only got 3 spare players. :eek:P

I can be there at 9:30. Probably a good idea just to show up in case they can get 7 people together to play or something crazy.

You can play an official UGC match with less than 9?

Honestly I'm kinda glad it fell through. Playing support classes on a DM map is a PITA.

thefro

I'll be there a bit after 9 with my engy or medic hat on. Hopefully this won't happen to us later on. We've only got 3 spare players. :eek:P

You can play an official UGC match with less than 9?

http://www.ugcleague.com/rules_tf2h_season2.cfm

UGC Highlander Rules said:
1.1. Player Size

Teams play with a maximum of 9 players each. A team may play shorthanded by choice, but a minimum of 7 players is required to play a match.

Honestly I'm kinda glad it fell through. Playing support classes on a DM map is a PITA.

Engineer is fun as hell on KOTH with the Gunslinger. Drop mini, flank, repeat. Medic's really not that different than any other map.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
so angry! they kicked us from the server after we won! D:

GODDAMN IT, SNAKE! NEXT MATCH USE THE OREO! It was like beating on a special kid part 2.

Sianos

4-0 FOXHOUND

BA9518A55529DB6A313E5C3B0B29A61851472ED1

You guys cleaned up, every time I tried to jump someone they were already dead before I could finish them off. In the end I just dicked around with the Gardener, getting kills on criminally unaware players (even the MEDIC in a crowd of people with the treads).

We did excellent. <3

Blizzard

Banned
Are the teams you're playing terrible, or are you just way better than us last year?

(it's because I'm not on the team)

Also I wonder if it helps playing with the same team each week instead of alternating.

Also does anyone have any suggestions for making camera movement smooth? The last few days especially, when I've gone back to try TF2 it's like my camera randomly jerks around, even though choke/ping/fps etc. is fine. I have a wireless mouse and that's the only thing I can really think of. :/

Also does anyone have any suggestions for making camera movement smooth? The last few days especially, when I've gone back to try TF2 it's like my camera randomly jerks around, even though choke/ping/fps etc. is fine. I have a wireless mouse and that's the only thing I can really think of. :/

I was having that issue with my mouse (which is wireless) for the last few days as well. It happens sporadically, so it makes it really frustrating, today it works completely fine for some reason.

That doesn't really help at all, but I guess it let's you know it's not just you?

Are the teams you're playing terrible, or are you just way better than us last year?

Also I wonder if it helps playing with the same team each week instead of alternating.

Make sure you have Raw Input checked in your mouse settings. Also, get a wired mouse.

Clydefrog

We lost our hockey game 8-4 tonight. I made a couple defensive plays as well as almost scoring 2 goals. If only I wasn't 5'8".

My new hockey skates give my feet hella bad blisters.

Bluth54

Engineer is fun as hell on KOTH with the Gunslinger. Drop mini, flank, repeat. Medic's really not that different than any other map.

Plus you get to listen to people whine and cry about mini sentries, which is always good for a laugh. Really that's the best part of playing Gunslinger Engie.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

The teams are just bad. Though we could use work ourselves.

First team had a terrible Pyro. Second team was down a player.

thefro

FOXHOUND seems like it's probably at least as good of a team (don't know some of other players) as the KSRF all-star lineup. So yeah, they're pretty good, and the GAF teams always do really well on the more DM-style maps.

We ran into issues during the summer where we lacked teamwork/strategy and that would hurt us against a coordinated team that didn't suck at DMing on a 5-CP or Payload map.

I see several of the higher-Steel teams KSRF played moved up to Silver this year. Between that and the fact that everyone will know the maps should help versus the summer season where we had some KSRF people who basically would play the map for the 1st or 2nd time during the actual match.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh there's a Silver? The FOXHOUND people on Mumble were like this league sucks, next time we gotta do Gold. :p

I can't keep track of all the metals. There's like iron, and blue steel, but also RED steel, but apparently red steel is a bit more competitive in general than blue steel, and yeah.

Sianos

Thankfully most GAF Gunslinger Engies, especially those who play on KOTH, have't yet discovered what the shotgun is for or are just really... uncoordinated in general. They just kind of sitting around spamming down minis and dying as soon as they don't have autoaim to protect them. :U

This season we're doing better because we already know the maps and have generally consistent teams week by week. We probably could have moved up to Silver, outsdie of the very best Steel won't be much of a challenge for us.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
gj Foxhound. I might be joining you guys next week but we'll see.
You and Oreo had better be there. I'm on a mini vacation soon. Eat shit, Solid Snake.

And I'm serious here, Oreo. Look at the replay and recognize that you over extend constantly and you're going to get your Med killed.

You do not pop a kritz and rush their combo if their soldier is on top covering them.

If you really don't believe me, ask the others here. I don't give you grief for the hell of it. I only do that for blizzard and Losewood.

Oreoleo

You and Oreo had better be there. I'm on a mini vacation soon. Eat shit, Solid Snake.

And I'm serious here, Oreo. Look at the replay and recognize that you over extend constantly and you're going to get your Med killed.

You do not pop a kritz and rush their combo if their soldier is on top covering them.

If you really don't believe me, ask the others here. I don't give you grief for the hell of it. I only do that for blizzard and Losewood.

Eh I'm sure SolidSnake will be able to fill the slots with better players and not need me again, anyway.

Sianos

We can complain that steel was too easy once we have 1st place medals. If not, then uh, just keep complaining about the past two teams.

Hahaha, that's the goal!

We're ranked 12 (out of 64) right now after only two matches. Our opponents might be a bit stronger after this, but I'm sure we can handle it. I'm confident we'll at least be in the playoffs and be a very strong contender for first place.

Clydefrog

We're ranked 12 (out of 64) right now after only two matches. Our opponents might be a bit stronger after this, but I'm sure we can handle it. I'm confident we'll at least be in the playoffs and be a very strong contender for first place.

*lol*

nah, good luck guys. i'm sure you'll do good!

Someone can feel free to gift me a spare spy coat. As usual, I will trade 1 scrap for it, which is what I always offer in exchange for anything anyone ever has extras of. You should be thankful to have the opportunity to please me, vermin!

Heinsight: Turbine

A shame it isn't Vitalism as they said last episode, but Turbine is decent.

Good stuff. Here is what I took away from it:

Key Term: Banana - The long hallway that curves around from the mid into the flag room. It is accessible from the stairs.

Soldier and Demo should be getting tons of kills. Both have high mobility to get up top and strike from above. Demo has a ton of stickie trap spots to exploit. You can't cap with the jumpers, so don't run with it Quote.

Pyro should be with the engie or the medic. If with the engie, then having the home wrecker helps a ton.

Scout and Spy should harass the flag room or try to get picks. If their team all goes one way, then come around from behind to get some picks. Spies can hide under the stairs. Be aware of that everyone. Spies should focus on making sure the sentry always down for the Scout or making sure the intell does not get reset if it gets dropped.

It takes the Intell one minute to reset if dropped.

Engineer should place sentry either in the middle of the flag room or near the doorway to spawn. Should be calling out when under attack.

Always call out where the enemy team is.

First main fight is in the mid. If you lose the fight, then regroup in the flag room to stop further caps. If you win mid, then Demo can stickie the lower door or the vent up top. The Combo can hang out on the stairs near the top to avoid sniper picks.

They also came up with the idea of calling out plays. Example:

The Soldier play:
Soldier and Scout attack flag room from up top in the vents.
Spy attacks flag room by coming from enemy spawn.

He strongly recommended attacking from two places. Either from down below and from up top. Or going through the banana and attacking through both doors there simultaneously.

Top Bottom