• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

The extra items were intended for me but you guys obviously hacked them.

Return them immediately or fear the wraith of Robin that I shall unleash upon your souls.

Fox318

WE8nh.jpg
I need to get myself a strange amputator.

Yeef

That warmfront match was fantasic. I was even playing heavy and I had fun. I wish all matches could be that good.

Sianos

That warmfront match was fantasic. I was even playing heavy and I had fun. I wish all matches could be that good.

I missed a phenomenal 5cp match? nooooooooooooo

When you have balanced teams 5cp is the most intense and rewarding game mode in my opinion.

I think the secret was the fact nobody got so frustrated with the heavies that everyone went Mini-sentry Engy.

All the same, I agree that was probably the most fun, and most intense match we've had in a while.

Th question is how exactly do we make it so all matches are like that?

PLAY MORE 5CP MATCHES.

and it was wartime that nominated :O

Finally got a mic today and couldn't even tell if it was working half the time.
I heard something, I think it was way too soft however.

Blizzard

Banned
5-point-capture maps are like my most disliked match besides hightower. We need more koth matchs instead of matches with timing mechanics that make them last 30 minutes. :(

Okay maybe I don't like territorial control either.

I'm like the world's only person who doesn't like 5-point-capture maps, especially since scouts and demos and soldiers and competitive players tend to love them and I hate people who play those classes. :(

Yeef

Th question is how exactly do we make it so all matches are like that?
Class balance. Both teams had great class balance. Most games it's "I don't really care about the game, I'm just going to play the class I want, even if I am the 9th Pyro!"

Blizzard

Banned
In the words....HIGHLANDER.
Yes! Or at least, on certain map types restricting no more than one engineer/medic/heavy/demo/maybe soldier should help. 3 pyros or spies might be annoying, but is not near as bad as 3 engineers in my opinion. I have long maintained that 2fort, doublecross, KOTH, etc. are fun as long as one team doesn't immediately switch to 3+ engineers.

Class balance. Both teams had great class balance. Most games it's "I don't really care about the game, I'm just going to play the class I want, even if I am the 9th Pyro!"

They had to give the other team Yeef due to my mad Demoknight skills. I was pretty sure I was going to piss off Snacks and Wartime by playing it.

Bluth54

Yes! Or at least, on certain map types restricting no more than one engineer/medic/heavy/demo/maybe soldier should help. 3 pyros or spies might be annoying, but is not near as bad as 3 engineers in my opinion. I have long maintained that 2fort, doublecross, KOTH, etc. are fun as long as one team doesn't immediately switch to 3+ engineers.

We shouldn't have to do class restrictions, what Valve should do is record some new lines for the administrator along the lines of "Another <class name>. What good do you think you're going to do?" and have them play for anyone who chooses to be the third player of a class.

Brad02

Neo Member
What promos do you get for buying Farming Simulator 2013? For some reason they aren't showing up on the store page. Probably just Valve just screwing up like usual.

Brad02

Neo Member
Damn it! I want to wear a tractor on my head. I would like them to put some awesome promo with a game like Farming Simulator just to see how far people will go to get it.

So GAF, I need some guidance on a few things.

First of all, what do I call my Hitman's Heatmaker? I found a name tag and am tempted to call it Ubermatik's Anally lethal shitbox penetrator. Buuuuuut I'm open to suggestions.

ANYWAY, I also have 2 rare items that I'm not sure what to do with - one is Vintage Pyrovision Goggles (Level 91) And another is the Warpig hat for Soldier (Level 99). Are they valuable? I want some buds, are they worth trading alongside some metal?

So GAF, I need some guidance on a few things.

First of all, what do I call my Hitman's Heatmaker? I found a name tag and am tempted to call it Ubermatik's Anally lethal shitbox penetrator. Buuuuuut I'm open to suggestions.

ANYWAY, I also have 2 rare items that I'm not sure what to do with - one is Vintage Pyrovision Goggles (Level 91) And another is the Warpig hat for Soldier (Level 99). Are they valuable? I want some buds, are they worth trading alongside some metal?

If that's what you're going to name it, maybe you should let someone else hang onto your name tags until you get a better name.

And both of those are pretty standard items. It's not practical to get earbuds in any timely, cost-effective manner.

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
Shall we try this scrim thing again? The Janky bunch hasn't played a game yet and we didn't scrim at all last week. There is no way we are gonna able to to win ctf_turbine_pro_rc2 without scrimming.

I spoke to Yeef last night and he said that we can scrim on the jank around 9:15pm, Java and a few others said that they were free as well so let us try and get that going! If that doesn't work we can always try joining #scrim-hl on Gamesurge. Instructions are here: http://ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690

Sianos

Shall we try this scrim thing again? The Janky bunch hasn't played a game yet and we didn't scrim at all last week. There is no way we are gonna able to to win ctf_turbine_pro_rc2 without scrimming.

I spoke to Yeef last night and he said that we can scrim on the jank around 9:15pm, Java and a few others said that they were free as well so let us try and get that going! If that doesn't work we can always try joining #scrim-hl on Gamesurge. Instructions are here: http://ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690

I'm (most likely) free tonight. :O

I should be able to make one tonight, and then let's schedule a few for the weekend mixed in with lobbying.

Assuming that's est you're talking that's right in the middle of the presidential debate.

Top Bottom