• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I try to be a nice guy, but actually I'm changing my vote to request the forfeit as well. It looks like I may not be free for Saturday night after all. :/
Assuming serious, this is why you should enforce the rules. On time. No ringers.

We got burned by giving the other team that leisure. And Highlander requires so many more people to change schedules.

Fucking solid shit! >={

So Total War Promo:

Shogun 2: Menpo (Samurai mask)
Napoleon + Empire: Stovepipe Shako and Foppish Physician
Rome: K-9 Mane

Those are the ones I got and assumed came from those games.

You're two who character lengths away from him, but it still counts as a hit.

Gotta love TF2 hit detection! :D

[EDIT] Also, when I bought the games, it said I was getting the spy thing too; now it's the sniper hat. If I actually cared about the spy suit I'd be pretty pissed off.
Still terrible for them to do that though.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, after asking around the consensus is to not reschedule and just have the other team forfeit. That was my first inclination when I got their message, but just wanted to run it by the team before making a decision... And it's not really jerky - not being able to play on the regularly scheduled day and expecting the other team to bend over backwards to accommodate them isn't reasonable.

Onwards with our plan of non-action to get to the playoffs!

Hmmm...so tonight we get to destroy the jerky bunch (how dare you jerks changes the name), but I wanted bl2 or tl2.....
I wanted to use the KSRF name (check my 2-minute Photoshop job of a logo!) but we switched names to avoid confusion with the old KSRF, which inexplicably readied up for this season. It's the mysterious UGC database that's the jerk!

So Total War Promo:

Shogun 2: Menpo (Samurai mask)
Napoleon + Empire: Stovepipe Shako and Foppish Physician
Rome: K-9 Mane

Those are the ones I got and assumed came from those games.

Still terrible for them to do that though.

You need to buy both to get the medic item? That's the only one I want. >_>

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, after asking around the consensus is to not reschedule and just have the other team forfeit. That was my first inclination when I got their message, but just wanted to run it by the team before making a decision... And it's not really jerky - not being able to play on the regularly scheduled day and expecting the other team to bend over backwards to accommodate them isn't reasonable.

Onwards with our plan of non-action to get to the playoffs!

I wanted to use the KSRF name (check my 2-minute Photoshop job of a logo!) but we switched names to avoid confusion with the old KSRF, which inexplicably readied up for this season. It's the mysterious UGC database that's the jerk!
Oh right I forgot about that. In which case, carry on!

Scrim tonight though solid shit will get one of the regulars for me.

Clydefrog

You're two who character lengths away from him, but it still counts as a hit.

Gotta love TF2 hit detection! :D

lkiDG.jpg

looks fine to me

Blizzard

Banned
Scrim on Friday night: Janky bunch or w/e vs FOXHOUND. Yeef will be home and said that we can play on the jank. Let's start at 8:30pm EST, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes and that way everyone can use the server by 9pm.
And now Solid and co. are trying to cancel the scrim at the last minute, or claim it was Saturday night instead. Madness! :p

Yeef

I have sneaking suspicions that the mumble people are team-stacking. I may have to take actions to prevent that...

Blizzard

Banned
I have sneaking suspicions that the mumble people are team-stacking. I may have to take actions to prevent that...
We were trying to join to scrim, but then just stayed when it was cancelled. I don't think any of us even changed teams besides me on one map.

Also TF2 is HORRIBLE for me today. It took maybe 5+ minutes to change maps at one point, someone else said the same thing, then I started getting the camera warping around...like not lag, but warping to where it was half a second ago, and then when I tried to restart TF2 it just sat at the gray launch box and the hard disk grinded for a while. =(

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
At least The Janky Bunch finally got to play a little bit... even if we weren't all on the same team... and people got Mumble set up. :p

So are we going to play on Sunday or is FOX scrimming against another team?

Blizzard

Banned
I was whining about this on voicechat a little, but I do think the demoman cape is one of the first items that messes with the class silhouette more than I would like. It kind of half flaps off the shoulders and sticks out...I guess it's a cool idea, but it seems awkward in implementation.

MGE is a mess. So much jumping around that whoever gets a kill from higher ground has a chance to go on a 5+ kill streak easily because they'll always have the health advantage. While you could probably improve some twitch aiming just by sheer persistence, it doesn't feel like it would prepare you for random rocket jumps out of nowhere, and it certainly doesn't help with positioning. Only arena I really felt like I was getting any practice was bball. Nothing but walls, a flat surface, and precise landing.

For the items, I have to assume the eagle staff comes with Shogun 2, but why?

Top Bottom