• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

BlackJace

So, the game is crashing right on start up. The main menu shows up for a few seconds, then it gives me the ol' "hl2.exe has stopped working".

Anybody else?

EDIT: Fixed, I guess my custom HUD was causing issues. Odd.

Type "connect 108.174.60.21:27020" in your console if you want to see the Foxhound match. It's not up yet but the server people don't have their shit together and they're already running late.

edit: Or not because either I'm a liar or shit is broke.

^
Do you exit Steam properly after validating? Try it before you shut down your pc.

Didn't do shit. I never needed to shut it down properly before and I launched tf2 just fine all those other times.

Now it validates every time I boot up steam. After I finished validating it and at the end of the day, I shut it down normally. Then NOPE, validate again sucka!

Sianos

Won 4-2 against Heartz, exactly what the score was predicted by Argo (except reversed). :O

Excellent job by everyone, it was quite a fun match! :D

I need to find a server that actually cooperates in some manner, because all my attempts at this has failed fantastically.

I was lucky and managed to get the achievement the first time I started playing it since people were cooperative. It has not happened much since then. Trying to beat the previous bosses when people have already gotten the stuff in previous Halloween events is even harder.

I tried the 666 wave ... it was very hard for me. I'm not that great with FPSs and playing on pubs reduces the amount of cooperation. My new engineer skin looks great though!

E23834694D0D0554BB82C97CC93390B0889A11CC

SpaceB0y is going to space!

i tried 666 with some randoms. the most we got was about 3/5 of the way through before it all went to shit.

the best was a round where we went all engie. it... didn't go as badly as you'd think.

It's official, Foxhound is number 2. We should be playing The Alliance which also has a perfect record. Comparing our wins: Foxhound has defeated the 5th, 6th, and 9th placed teams in Steel Red. The Alliance has defeated the 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 13th teams. The only times The Alliance gave up points was to the 5th rank team, Hearts, on turbine (They gave up 4 while being held to 7 captures). And they gave up 2 points on viaduct to the 7th rank team (The 7th rank team's record shows them winning granary 5-3 and losing turbine 4-10). If they can do that, then we should be able to do better.

Many of their members have done a previous season of highlander. Some were part of a team that went to Silver this season and is currently in 12th place. We might get home team advantage again since The Alliance has already been home team for 4 of their 7 matches, especially 3 out of their last 4 matches. This means we can choose to go first and set the tempo. Gravel pit has the same point system as payload. Best out of 3, so we need to win twice. Anyway, this match is going to be tough. I also think we have secure our playoff spot as well.

Looks like the Janky Bunch got revised down to 21. You guys need to win the next one to get into the playoffs. It will be close. Also it looks like Steel Blue is more competitive than Red. Top Gluttons seems to have a perfect record in match points.

Edit: Here is their steam group page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ifa_alliance They, like us, have scheduled some scrims. You can also see their team list:

Scout............Sigh3d
Soldier..........Sneaky
Pyro..............Stalky
Demoman......Hippo
Heavy............Jay
Engineer........Nakeee
Medic.............Mariposa
Sniper............Argo
Spy................Fury

AcciDante

Except for that last round, I did awful in our match. I felt great in the scrims, and then missed all my shots in the real match. Maybe I was just edgy because I was late to go meet someone at school.

thefro

From the Moose Tracks for Gravel Pit, it sounds like most Highlander teams just abandon A and defend B.

I've got an idea on how to defend both A & B, but haven't tried out the engineer build for it yet. I'll have to play around on the map some to see if it's possible to pull off.

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
The Foxhound scrims for this week are as follows:

Scrim #1: FOX vs BMF (Steel team) Friday 9:25pm EST

Scrim #2: FOX vs The Spanish Inquisition (Steel team) Friday 10:25pm EST

Scrim #3: FOX vs Chain Reaction (the best silver team, let us not embarrass ourselves) Saturday 7:25pm EST

Scrim #4: FOX vs Maintain (Silver team) Sunday 7:55pm EST

Scrim #5: FOX vs CUBI (Silver team) Sunday 8:55pm EST

I need to know ASAP if you can't make a scrim so that we can get ringers. Also, we will need to try and win 2-0 against IFA, this will secure us the #1 spot in Steel Red. Peace.

Scrim #3: FOX vs Chain Reaction (the best silver team, let us not embarrass ourselves) Saturday 7:25pm EST

I need to know ASAP if you can't make a scrim so that we can get ringers. Also, we will need to try and win 2-0 against IFA, this will secure us the #1 spot in Steel Red. Peace.

Not going to be around Friday night because of a wedding.

Having done some math, with the assumption being all odd number-ranked teams will be partnered for the final week with the team directly below them in the standings, The Janky Bunch will make the playoffs with a win. A 2-0 win is better, of course, but as long as we get full points, we are in either as a 14 or 15 seed.

Meaning we'll get our ass kicked right away, but hey, we'd get in. The thing holding us back was missing Week 3 and that extra game, plus the points.

I can't make the ones on Friday as well.

Top Bottom