• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Alienups

Welp

welp.png

Sianos

I believe Iron playoffs are from sixteen up, so a win here means you make it in.

For us in Red Steel, we have to make top eight. Right now we're number four, we just need one more win to secure our spot. Winning the next two would give us an excelent seed, number two or number one for Red Steel.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shaw. Went from 70-90 to 170-200. Usually hangs around 120, and jumps up to 200 whenever someone uses voice.
That isn't throttling...

Get a better connection? U know when wifey uses torrents my ping goes haywire but that is cause she goddamn setut to unlimited speed.

120 is terrible on average. You using dial up?!?!?!

thefro

Gravel pit is pretty much the ultimate sentry-jumping map. I need to try a couple couple macros to grab the sentry at the same time I jump (the first couple I tried don't seem to work anymore). I'll be fine making the jumps but it's a big advantage to take your level 3 along.

That isn't throttling...

Get a better connection? U know when wifey uses torrents my ping goes haywire but that is cause she goddamn setut to unlimited speed.

120 is terrible on average. You using dial up?!?!?!

I'm in Canada... and it is terrible, my average used to be around 70.
And the high ping exists only on TF2, and only on the servers I frequent. Other online games I play haven't been affected.

Blizzard

Banned
Gravel pit is pretty much the ultimate sentry-jumping map. I need to try a couple couple macros to grab the sentry at the same time I jump (the first couple I tried don't seem to work anymore). I'll be fine making the jumps but it's a big advantage to take your level 3 along.
I don't know if wait commands still trigger the cheat detection stuff, but you may not want to use those on the GAF server at any rate. Just get pro-er, or build a teleporter exit on top of things.

Real pros are like LeMeilleur and end up with sentries in bizarre spots on npayload maps instead, anyway. :D

Javaman

I believe Iron playoffs are from sixteen up, so a win here means you make it in.

For us in Red Steel, we have to make top eight. Right now we're number four, we just need one more win to secure our spot. Winning the next two would give us an excelent seed, number two or number one for Red Steel.

Can the 16th place in Iron eventually win 1st place in the playoffs or are they broken down into brackets?

I definitely won't be able to make the next game. I'm out of town on the weekend and working nights M/T. Sorry team!

Wave 666... Maaaaaan...

So far only gotten up to the rapid fire demos/4th tank (which is only like... a quarter the way in).

I thought for sure having 1 engy, 1 scoot, 1 kritz medic, and 3 sticky demos with krit canteens setup would work!

Can the 16th place in Iron eventually win 1st place in the playoffs or are they broken down into brackets?

I definitely won't be able to make the next game. I'm out of town on the weekend and working nights M/T. Sorry team!

I think it's seeded brackets. 1 vs 16, etc.

We don't want to be 16. Tyro Raid is already has the top seed locked down and they have a week to go before the playoffs. They're curbstomping everyone and I'd like to make a playoff run.

Once we know the schedule for next week, we'll know were our ceiling is, but suffice to say, a top 4 seed isn't happening.

Code:
alias "+crouchjump" "+attack2; +jump; +duck"
alias "-crouchjump" "-attack2; -jump"
bind "o" +crouchjump

alias "+fire" "lastinv; +attack2"
alias "-fire" "-attack2; -duck"
bind "p" +fire

Put this in your Engineer cfg. Not sure if this one is allowed in UGC, but I've used it a few times on the GAF server and else where. So use at your own risk.

I don't know if wait commands still trigger the cheat detection stuff, but you may not want to use those on the GAF server at any rate. Just get pro-er, or build a teleporter exit on top of things.

Real pros are like LeMeilleur and end up with sentries in bizarre spots on npayload maps instead, anyway. :D

You don't need wait command to perform Sentries jumps. LeMeilluer might be using macros as well. I know I started off using no macros to do low sentries jumps. But to do those very long/high jumps, you need very fast dexterity in your left hand as well as coordination with your right hand. I've done it a few times without macros and shit is tough. Even for Asians!

Just joined a server.

"You can not play until you enable HTML MOTDs!"

This shit is getting ridiculous. First servers with that annoying middle-of-game MOTD pop up + timer, now this??

Javaman

I think it's seeded brackets. 1 vs 16, etc.

We don't want to be 16. Tyro Raid is already has the top seed locked down and they have a week to go before the playoffs. They're curbstomping everyone and I'd like to make a playoff run.

Once we know the schedule for next week, we'll know were our ceiling is, but suffice to say, a top 4 seed isn't happening.

I don't get what you mean, is it a total points thing?

Blizzard

Banned
I don't get what you mean, is it a total points thing?
Maybe, but suffice it to say that the team that beat us before crushed us in a scrim (we never won a single round though we might have improved slightly), and they in turn got crushed by some other team that is crushing everyone else. So that's at least two other teams that probably deserve the top spots in Iron.

Just joined a server.

"You can not play until you enable HTML MOTDs!"

This shit is getting ridiculous. First servers with that annoying middle-of-game MOTD pop up + timer, now this??
it's a god damn wasteland out there. i don't care about your stupid youtube video or graphics, either let me in or i'll just play elsewhere.

the motd pop-ups in deaths are particularly bad because they sometimes last longer than it takes it respawn.

so does hlstats require a certain amount of people or an admin on the server to work now or something? because I tried nominate and hlx and nothing popped up

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
2 i believe, vs foxhound on turbine and vs dt on sunday.

Yep, just 2. Vs FOX was our first time playing together ever, heh. Are you all interested in scrimming again this weekend in preparation for G-Pit?

Did the Halloween update break and disable custom HUDs for anybody else?

I just reinstalled mine and it works fine. Only thing that doesn't display correctly is the random wheel effects on Ghost Fort.

so does hlstats require a certain amount of people or an admin on the server to work now or something? because I tried nominate and hlx and nothing popped up

Yeef's hibernating in some cave out in the unknown so most of the server functions have issues. All because Zeke fucked the server up. I saw it with my own eyes.

Top Bottom