• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Clydefrog

It's a little known fact that all bears contain a self-destruct button embedded within their nose.

and when you push it, this happens:

SLpdH.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
For some reason I thought the salvaged crate #40 stopped dropping and that's why the items went up in value. I just got one of the crates though. Not that I'm complaining.

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
Are we still trying to reschedule the game for Tuesday?

Grimmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am looking into that at the moment. However, I think there is a good chance that our game will be live cast by Kip and Sud if we play on Monday. The battle of the last undefeated teams in UGC.

Also, we are gonna lobby tonight around 10:30pm or 11pm EST. Hopefully most of yalls can make it.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

UGC still doesn't have our next match scheduled yet, so no idea who we're playing... But we do have a scrim. Gotta practice up on Gravel Pit...

>> Friday at 9 PM EST against 35th Infantry

Blizzard

Banned
The Janky Bunch!

UGC still doesn't have our next match scheduled yet, so no idea who we're playing... But we do have a scrim. Gotta practice up on Gravel Pit...

>> Friday at 9 PM EST against 35th Infantry
I will not be here, since I think that time is DURING the Jake Shimabukuro concert. Ukulele concert > scrim, sorry. :3

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Grimmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am looking into that at the moment. However, I think there is a good chance that our game will be live cast by Kip and Sud if we play on Monday. The battle of the last undefeated teams in UGC.

Also, we are gonna lobby tonight around 10:30pm or 11pm EST. Hopefully most of yalls can make it.

I'll try not to make it...

Blizzard...that explains...so much......so so much....

DogWelder

The Foxhound scrims for this week are as follows:

Scrim #1: FOX vs BMF (Steel team) Friday 9:25pm EST

Scrim #2: FOX vs The Spanish Inquisition (Steel team) Friday 10:25pm EST

Scrim #3: FOX vs Chain Reaction (the best silver team, let us not embarrass ourselves) Saturday 7:25pm EST

Scrim #4: FOX vs Maintain (Silver team) Sunday 7:55pm EST

Scrim #5: FOX vs CUBI (Silver team) Sunday 8:55pm EST

I need to know ASAP if you can't make a scrim so that we can get ringers. Also, we will need to try and win 2-0 against IFA, this will secure us the #1 spot in Steel Red. Peace.
I just realized, if we lose 0-2, we may not even make the playoffs.

I just realized, if we lose 0-2, we may not even make the playoffs.

Not true. If we lose and everyone else wins there game, then the ranking look like this:

Red:
IFA 8-0
SC 7-1
YYIp 7-1
FOX 6-1
Everyone below this has 2 loses and a maximum of 6 wins.

Blue

TG 8-0
eBm 7-1
DTF 7-1
Hard Ass 7-1
Everyone below this has 2 loses and a maximum of 6 wins.

We are in based off W-L alone. There are currently only 4 other teams in both divisions that have more MPs than us. Also, I would like the game to be on Tuesday like Grimm.

Sianos

In the event we lose 0-2 (which I severely doubt will happen) and all the proper teams go 2-1 in their matches, we'd be just barely edged out by match points and end up in ninth. It's a very unlikely event that doesn't factor in that certain teams being stronger than their opponents who would need to win, but it is true we aren't 100% in. We still need to put forth our best, especially if we want a high seed.

I'm still aiming for a 2-0 for top Red Steel seed, we have the skills and coordination.

In the event we lose 0-2 (which I severely doubt will happen) and all the proper teams go 2-1 in their matches, we'd be just barely edged out by match points and end up in ninth. It's a very unlikely event that doesn't factor in that certain teams being stronger than their opponents who would need to win, but it is true we aren't 100% in. We still need to put forth our best, especially if we want a high seed.

I'm still aiming for a 2-0 for top Red Steel seed, we have the skills and coordination.

Ninth where? Both divisions combined? You still get MPs for losing right? How can they let SP and BMF go if we beat them? I thought it was the top 8 of each division.

Edit: You would also have to take into account the other teams not getting shut out. For instance, the 8th rank team, 9DRJ, is playing BMF and we have 3.5 more MPs than they do.

Here is a run down of who is playing whom:

#1 IFA vs #2 FOX
#3 SC vs #4 YYIp
#5 Hearts vs #7 CS
#6 BMF vs #8 9DRJ

Sianos

Ninth where? Both divisions combined? You still get MPs for losing right? How can they let SP and BMF go if we beat them? I thought it was the top 8 of each division.

Even if we beat them, but we still have the same numbers of wins and they have more match points, the slot goes to them. The chance of everything working out in such a way that it would lose us our spot is very, very unlikely, but still possible if we don't take this match seriously and all the right teams get the right scores.

I truly doubt, however, that we will go 0-2 or that some of the lower ranked teams can pull exactly a 2-1 against some of the higher ranked teams.

Keep up the practicing and strong coordination, and we'll be in the playoffs with a high seed.

Since FOX is the home team, we get to decide whether to attack or defend first. I say we attack first. We set the time limit. The question then becomes where do we play? On GAF, or on a UGC server?

Basically we the game is this:

Round 1: FOX (Blue) vs IFA (Red) - We set the pace and stronger odds to win
Round 2: FOX (Red) vs IFA (Blue) - They get a shot at setting the pace
Round 3: FOX (Blue) vs IFA (Red) - Same as the first round

Janky Bunch, we are playing Electrode Throw (Rank: 22) for Week 9. 4-3 record with two forefit wins to open the season.

As I suspected, they're matching reams up odd-even for Week 9 (1 plays 2, 3 plays 4 and so on) so we have a shot here to jump into the playoffs as a low-ranked seed as long as we win.

Also, happy birthday, Cloudius!

Blizzard

Banned
Janky Bunch, we are playing Electrode Throw (Rank: 22) for Week 9. 4-3 record with two forefit wins to open the season.

As I suspected, they're matching reams up odd-even for Week 9 (1 plays 2, 3 plays 4 and so on) so we have a shot here to jump into the playoffs as a low-ranked seed as long as we win.

You're not ExMachina! You can't use the red text thing!

You're not ExMachina! You can't use the red text thing!

Too bad. :p

Also, I did math and figured out what our best case scenario is (since all we need to do is win):

13th place, playing the 4th ranked team. In my simulation, that's Reservoir, a very tough team from the looks of it but far preferred to say, Tyro Raid or friENTs.

To have this happen, we need to win and we need Forest of Bears to lose 2-0 to Cuties, as we have the tiebreaker advantage over them.Tiebreakers appear to be: Win-Loss Record (would be 5-1 vs. 5-3), then Point Differential (which we have in hand).

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday, Cloudius!

I will not be here, since I think that time is DURING the Jake Shimabukuro concert. Ukulele concert > scrim, sorry. :3

Ohhh, right. I understand, Shimabukuro > TF2 any day. :p Enjoy the concert!

And thanks for the breakdowns, Nihon. Since we're home team again, we can set the pace and hopefully knock this out 2-0.

Happy birthday, Cloudius!

Ohhh, right. I understand, Shimabukuro > TF2 any day. :p Enjoy the concert!

And thanks for the breakdowns, Nihon. Since we're home team again, we can set the pace and hopefully knock this out 2-0.

Being home on this map is a massive advantage, I can tell you that much. :) I have some strategies I'm considering and I'm trying to figure out how we can roll out against different types of defenses.

That is silly seeding. What is this amateur hour?

Top Bottom