• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

DogWelder

Dead ringer spy?

@ dougie I dunno what scrubs you're putting together for a higher tier shitlander, but I hope it is better than the idiots we played with on lobby.
I wanted to do a Platinum or at least Steel Red tier team, but then I figured the guys I know who are good enough to play and want to do HL will have teams already. I've been recruited for a couple Plat teams, but I said fuck it, might as well have fun with people I know. I woulda asked you, but I know you gon rage if you play with GAFers.

Blizzard

Banned
Banned machina? Those people must be super angry. I would not expect highlander maps to even to lend themselves to the camping style of the machina, since players tend to be mobile.

Banned machina? Those people must be super angry. I would expect highlander maps to even to lend themselves to the camping style of the machina, since players tend to be mobile.

Settings: no crits, no damage spread
Restricted Unlockables: - No Full Class Set Bonuses from Item Sets
- Winter Season 2012 excluded weapons are;
1. Reserve Shooter
2. The Enforcer
3. Machina
4. Pomson 6000
5. Phlogistinator
6. Holiday Punch
7. Bombinomicon
8. The Scout's Bootie Time and Pyro's Jingle Belt
Any new weapons released during the course of a season are NOT allowed, unless otherwise ok'd by Admins and Testing Group.

From their website.

Javaman

When will people be done with Diablo III? ;(

In about 8 years when D4 comes out.

Settings: no crits, no damage spread
Restricted Unlockables: - No Full Class Set Bonuses from Item Sets
- Winter Season 2012 excluded weapons are;
1. Reserve Shooter
2. The Enforcer
3. Machina
4. Pomson 6000
5. Phlogistinator
6. Holiday Punch
7. Bombinomicon
8. The Scout's Bootie Time and Pyro's Jingle Belt
Any new weapons released during the course of a season are NOT allowed, unless otherwise ok'd by Admins and Testing Group.
Eesh. so many silly rules.

Just do a Javaman impression and people will stay.

Actually, I'd log back on to hear that.

YES! I would pay good money for that.
about a $1.50

Yeef

Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: MatthewB92
Pyro: sixghost
Demoman: DogWelder
Heavy: Blizzard
Engineer: thefro/Proven
Medic: Orellio/Kirsten
Sniper: Soka
Spy: SolidSnake/NSQuote
Fixed.

how can you lead if you can't even put the classes in the right order?

Here's what we have for the UGC highlander team so far:

Pyro: sixghost
Medic: Orellio/Kirsten
Engineer: thefro/Proven
Soldier: MatthewB92
Scout: SteveWinwood
Spy: SolidSnake/NSQuote

Accidante, fallengorn, and whomever else is interested, but didn't pick a class, do so soon if you want in! Only two people per class. Technically no "alts", everyone will get a chance to play since we are doing this for fun. We will register for NA Steel Blue division since it's the lowest one. I've been recruited for higher div teams so y'all better venerate me for wanting to play with you scrubs! :D

As for medals, I assume there will be in-game medals this season as well, but I don't know, UGC hasn't said so explicitly AFAIK.

I'll take the second Pyro spot plz.

Sianos

61104392E95ADE1F06DEA8D5B79F82E995C9C6B2

Bowties are cool.

DogWelder

Updated team (in proper order in deference to Yeef):

Scout: SteveWinwood, Snacks
Soldier: MatthewB92, fallengorn
Pyro: sixghost, Grimm
Engineer: thefro, Proven
Medic: Orellio, Kirsten
Spy: SolidSnake, NSQuote

Team may actually be good. :eek:

Snipin' Soka is Super Soka.

Also, what is the difference between Kirsten and Kristen? I've always wondered.

DogWelder

If you are on the GAF UGC team you must join the Steam group for our team. UGC admins have to verify we have a team before we can be registered. Add me on Steam (SteamID: 1cesc) to get an invite to the group.

So far I've invited:
SteveWinwood
Oreo
Solid
Snacks
fallengorn
Kirsten
NSQuote
Blizzard

The rest of you need to add me.

Also, I suggest practicing some lobbies (www.tf2lobby.com) so you can get used to highlander play, higher skill players (usually) and the maps for the season. It's a different style of game, even from our regular GAF highlanders. I have decided to switch to hoovy if we can find a good replacement demo.

Matches start Monday June 11 and are scheduled every Monday thereafter for 7 weeks. 9:30 PM ET start time. Let me know if this changes your placement on the team.

Blizzard

Banned
We need to find out ASAP if we get medals for losing every match so we can all bail out otherwise.

Also demo is like, the worst, so you need to stay demo if you're at all decent at it. I can hold down the hoovy if you can hold down the sticky.

Proven

If the team's acutally decent, Kuro can be our second sniper. He'll probably get backstabbed into rage mode though.

Also, all searches tell me your ID doesn't exist. Mine is: knivesmith

If the team's acutally decent, Kuro can be our second sniper. He'll probably get backstabbed into rage mode though.

Oh, by the way, I'm more than willing to give up my sniper spot if people think there is a better one out there that is also interested in joining the team. I do not want to be a party pooper by suckin' it up!

I'll add you in a bit DougWilder. Added.

DogWelder

I sent you an invite.

Oh, by the way, I'm more than willing to give up my sniper spot if people think there is a better one out there that is also interested in joining the team. I do not want to be a party pooper by suckin' it up!

I'll add you in a bit DougWilder. Added.
Don't sweat it, we are playing in the Steel division. There are some absolutely nasty snipers out there who can wreck teams single-handedly, but they'll all be playing for plat teams. As long as you can counter-sniper 50% of the time, we'll be alright. ;)

Forgetting someone?

Kirsten

I hate you.

Oh I know it wasn't a shot at me I was just stating my opinion. I swear I have seen both a Kirsten and Kristen at the same time on the server.

One day Pangloss thought it would be hilarious to change his name to Kristen to confuse everyone...clearly it worked. Also Java seems to consistently call me Kristen or Christen but really, it'sJava so I don't care.

Yeah screw saving up. I spent 20 bucks on 15 keys from a trader.

Yeah this game....such a bad thing to spend money on....but I cant RESIST

If you are on the GAF UGC team you must join the Steam group for our team. UGC admins have to verify we have a team before we can be registered. Add me on Steam (SteamID: 1cesc) to get an invite to the group.

So far I've invited:
SteveWinwood
Oreo
Solid
Snacks
fallengorn
Kirsten
NSQuote
Blizzard

The rest of you need to add me.

Also, I suggest practicing some lobbies (www.tf2lobby.com) so you can get used to highlander play, higher skill players (usually) and the maps for the season. It's a different style of game, even from our regular GAF highlanders. I have decided to switch to hoovy if we can find a good replacement demo.

Matches start Monday June 11 and are scheduled every Monday thereafter for 7 weeks. 9:30 PM ET start time. Let me know if this changes your placement on the team.
I'm just Matt on steam. look at your friends list.

Forkball

this is so awesome :D

the addition of the Dangeresque glasses is when TF2 started to really add wonky cosmetic items

250px-Max%27s_Severed_Head.png

People often bitch about the art style going to hell, but outside of promos, the rest of the stuff is fairly consistent in theme and tone.

There, spent 8.5 hours getting the TF2 hats in SMNC. Not a bad game but I hear from everyone you get thrown into the tank after level 20 with everybody else: no balancing.

Top Bottom