• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Forkball

27E76DBD25D1EE6510445D454BF84AEC6F557CB6

75DC8F69C0F4D8BB603DDE3AB2A33DA9CA071E56

CD86E1BFD351663ADFCAE70CE2FA5D00106BAE45

thefro

Here's the maps for the UGC

1 Preseason Bye Week Mon, 6/4/12
Regular Season Starts
2 cp_croissant_rc3 Mon, 6/11/12
3 pl_barnblitz Mon, 6/18/12
4 ctf_vitalism_b2 Mon, 6/25/12
5 cp_standin_b5 Mon, 7/2/12
6 dom_canalzone Mon, 7/9/12
7 koth_waste Mon, 7/16/12
8 cp_obscure_remake_rc1 Mon, 7/23/12
9 pl_cashworks_prefinal Mon, 7/30/12

You can get the custom ones here, which I believe is everything but barnblitz. Definitely check out dom_canalzone because it's huge and confusing and a different gametype. I've walked through a few of them and they seem like they could be pretty fun maps.

Also, they changed the banned weapons list
Banned weapons:
The Enforcer
The Pomson 600
The Phlogistinator
The Holiday Punch

Banned hats:
All Polycount set hats.

Banned miscs:
The Jingle Belt
The Bootie Time
Bombinomicon

Weapons on trial for S7:
The Machina
The Reserve Shooter
Cozy Camper

Canalzone was big in qwtc and I'm pretty sure I saw it (or something SUPER close) tfc. It's been years though and I definitely need a refresher. It's a complicated map, much more so than your average tf2 one.

Edit: If it's the map I think it is...

2nd edit: Yep. It is.

Sianos

Fun day of lobbying, thought we coordinated quite well.

Also, two hat drops in one day! :O Both times I was feeling the urge to ragequote, but stayed calm, carried on, and was rewarded with HATS.

Bluth54

I played a couple of the Dynamic Payload maps on the TF2maps.net server today. First up I played prl_atoll and I wasn't really all that impressed. The "dynamic" part of the map was the track rotating, taken directly from Barnblitz. Also the map often just turned into a death match since the spawn exits were very close to each other.

I also played pl_Stroika, which I felt was the better of the two. It had a number of dynamic elements, like a crane moving the cart to another section of track, the red spawn in a moving crate, and blue having to get pieces of track like the intelligence in CTF mode. It felt much more "Dynamic" then atoll, though it felt like it should of been shorter, it took a long time to get back to the front lines, especially if you were on blu and you captured a 2 points.
I didn't play any complete games of Stroika so I don't think I can give it a final judgment though.

Overall I didn't think either of those maps felt worthy of being made official. I consider Cashworks, Swiftwater and Boundary to be the best custom payload maps, and Panic to be the best custom payload race map and neither of those maps were nearly as good. Hopefully some of the other maps in the contest will impress me.

Sianos

We should put the Highlander maps up on the server and play them say, every other round to get us ready for the tournament. It'd be a nice change of pace from the usual maps and it'd be good practice.

Also, they changed the banned weapons list
Banned weapons:
The Enforcer
The Pomson 600
The Phlogistinator
The Holiday Punch

Banned hats:
All Polycount set hats.

Banned miscs:
The Jingle Belt
The Bootie Time
Bombinomicon

Weapons on trial for S7:
The Machina
The Reserve Shooter
Cozy Camper
Why? Also Phlog sucks ass.

Yeef

Why? Also Phlog sucks ass.
  • Phlog - 90% damage resistance while being able to cap points/block caps is bullshit.
  • The Jingle Belt, The Bootie Time - They make annoying jingling sounds.
  • Bombinomicon - They make bodies explode, giving away spy positions and the like.
  • The Reserve Shooter - TF2's ability to tell when people are 'in the air' is pretty iffy. You may get mini-critted just for standing on bumpy ground or stairs. You may also NOT get mini-critted even though you're in mid-air.
  • Cozy Camper - No idea. Probably because it sucks so much.

thefro

you're the one that quit and made everyone leave

why is the pomson banned though

It's overpowered right now... you can just spam it across the map, big hitbox, saps ubercharge from medics and cloak from spies.

Basically as an Engy you can just spam that across the map and keep the other team from popping an uber.

Yeef

you're the one that quit and made everyone leave

why is the pomson banned though
Didn't feel like defending again. (Also, I had to watch Avatar).

Pomson is a broken weapon. Its hitbox is like 10x the size of the actual projectile, there's no way to stop it and there's a bug where if you hit a cloaked spy it COMPLETELY drains their cloak. Also, draining uber just slows the game down, which competitive leagues are always against.

Pomson needs a smaller hitbox that matches up with the particle, the cloak bug fixed and it needs to not drain at all on penetrated shots.

Yeef

I've added the UGC Highlander Maps to the server and updated the Pyaload contest ones to the entry versions (and removed all those that are eliminated, except Mausoleum, which is in the Custom Payload Race group).

Yeef

Mausoleum got eliminated? That's so sad.

If we weren't doing highlander this Tuesday I'd call for a custom map night.

Also, highlander this Tuesday: http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/
Supposedly there were too many entries, so they whittled it down to the top 11 via popular vote on the TF2Maps forums. There was a bit of stink about it on SPUF a few days back:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30869226&postcount=9

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30869323&postcount=10

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30869550&postcount=11

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30869620&postcount=13

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30869620&postcount=17

Bluth54

Over on Facepunch Ronin (who's made a number of items added to the game) implied two weeks ago that the next big update would be coming in the next week or two. It also seems like he will have some new, never before seen items added in the next update.

Hopefully he wasn't just BSing about the date, we're more then overdue for the next big update.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Got the Waxy Wayfinder and Triboniophorus Tyrannus on my idle account. Super secret double hat night confirmed.

Yeef

Hopefully there will be a patch this week. Considering that there was no patch last week and E3 is next week, it seems like this is the last reasonable time to do something before mid-June.

Top Bottom