• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Is it known yet if my services will be needed tonight for Highlander? Most likely will be around either way, just curious. Also, when do I get my medal?!

Blizzard

Banned
Is it known yet if my services will be needed tonight for Highlander? Most likely will be around either way, just curious. Also, when do I get my medal?!
Last highlander, it took like ten years before medals showed up.

I should be there for highlander tonight at 9:30 EST.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

Reminder that we're playing against ETHL tonight on Gravel Pit at 9:30 PM EST, a little over 2 hours from now. Quote for server info!

We'll also do a pre-game strategy discussion pow-wow like usual at 9 in a listen server.

Capndrake's sick and turning in early tonight, so we need you to snipe for us!

So the roster's looking like this at the moment:

• Scout - SteveWinwood
  • Soldier - Rickenslacker
  • Pyro - NihonTiger
  • Demoman - ExMachina
  • Heavy - Blizzard
  • Engineer - thefro
  • Medic - Alien
  • Sniper - Soka
  • Spy - Matt
DJ and Cloudius as backups in case.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
UGC site isn't loading for me right now... anyone else have this problem? I did download this season's whitelist though - only banned weapon for Sniper is The Cleaner's Carbine according to that.

Warming up since I haven't played sniper in ages.

TeYys.jpg

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
So I still can't sleep, went over a bunch of shit with Saighdear and Stabby and I've done a little write up. Can't post it in the Foxhound group because of the privacy settings which I cannot change at this time. Some minor positional changes and adjustments that we can make, I'll send it out to everyone individually. Figured out a couple different ways to attack and defend B and C.

There will be a mini scrim tomorrow at 9pm est (hopefully everyone except Grimm can make it) prior to the game, just to make sure that we can execute. Game will start at 9:30pm est. Also, the roster is posted on the Foxhound group page under the events section.

Lastly, my apologies for making you guys scrim 5 times today. That was overkill, hopefully it all comes together tomorrow. Peace.

I DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT IT

Blizzard

Banned
It was really hard to coordinate, and I felt like we didn't have plans, but I did really badly so I apologize for my failures. Good try people.

tf2_menudis9v.jpg

I keep seeing my TF2 GUI or whatever look like this. I don't use custom HUDs, so does anyone have any idea why it's so low-res and messed up?

It was really hard to coordinate, and I felt like we didn't have plans, but I did really badly so I apologize for my failures. Good try people.

tf2_menudis9v.jpg

I keep seeing my TF2 GUI or whatever look like this. I don't use custom HUDs, so does anyone have any idea why it's so low-res and messed up?

To be fair, Gravelpit deserves the same fate as Hydro: to be forgotten forever. What a fucking awful map for anything.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I think I may be retiring from Highlander 9v9. I don't feel like I did as good as I should have done and I feel like I did nothing but let you guys down, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing this for Season 9. I need some time to think about it. I just have my doubts that I'm even any good at this game anymore. :-(

EDIT: For the record, I am my own harshest critic, and I feel as though if I can't play at some kind of game-changing level that I'm taking up someone else's possible spot. That's really what it all comes down to. I'm incredibly hyper-competitive.

To be fair, Gravelpit deserves the same fate as Hydro: to be forgotten forever. What a fucking awful map for anything.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I think I may be retiring from Highlander 9v9. I don't feel like I did as good as I should have done and I feel like I did nothing but let you guys down, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing this for Season 9. I need some time to think about it. I just have my doubts that I'm even any good at this game anymore. :-(

EDIT: For the record, I am my own harshest critic, and I feel as though if I can't play at some kind of game-changing level that I'm taking up someone else's possible spot. That's really what it all comes down to. I'm incredibly hyper-competitive.

Well hey, at least you aren't Steve.

Well hey, at least you aren't Steve.

That's always a plus.

Tell you guys what, I'll think about it because I feel like I jumped the gun a bit there. So I'm not gonna retire yet. I'll see how I feel when Season 9 comes.

On the other hand, it was great playing with everyone, and if all goes well, hopefully next season I'll np longer have work hanging over my head and I can dedicate even more time to practicing and such. I feel like that was the biggest issue for me personally: I had little to no time to practice outside of the scheduled scrims.

Sorry for sounding a little dramatic and shit there. As I said, hyper-competitive and harsh on myself. Things have been rough this week.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

Guess this'll be the last time I get to use that red text. D:

It sucks that we have to end our season here with a loss (I agree with everyone's opinions on the map, G-Pit needs to go away forever), but I just wanted to thank everyone for bearing with my flaky organization and coming out each Monday to play. Considering we initially threw the team together only for the medals™, missed out on 3 whole games at the beginning of the season, and generally left our strategizing to half an hour before the match, I'd say we did pretty damn well. :p

So, buck up! We are getting medals in Valve time. I had fun playing with ya'll and I'm probably down for next season if we plan to field a team again.

I'll be up for the next season if a team gets organized again. I'm sure I'll be available so I wouldn't have to worry about being the backup next time around.

We may have lost, but it was still pretty close. I had fun, and it's actually convincing me to get a headset to join in on the Mumblings. Anyone got recommendations?

All in all, operation get medal was a success. I'm down with being part of The Janky Bunch again next season.

Shit, you guys are going to bring me back from the abyss for another season, aren't you, lol?

I'll tell you what: if everyone else comes back for another season, I'll be back as well. Sounds like we have four at least.

Also, if we do this, we have got to practice more this off season. I think we should set up regular scrims, once a week if we can, to improve our coordination and perhaps work on the maps we are weakest on. Sound like a good idea?

Alienups

I don't deserve a medal for the brief time that i played.

Badly as well, medics need a mic and at least some scrims with the rest of the team under their belt.

Only willing to play heavy next season if you'll have me. If i'm still playing the game by then that is, which i'm starting to doubt.

DontBlink

Doubtful, because:

1) While you can trade spells, they're temporary, so they'd be trading a potentially permanent for a temp.
2) Keys of any kind are pretty valuable (normal keys 2.77-3 refined, Eerie 4.15-4.5 ref), and those spells are not valuable at all (around 0.11 ref).

If you bundled all the spells together and found someone who wanted a buch for a key, maybe, but you'd need like 40 or so spells to get close to value.

Thanks for the explanation. I assume the same thing can be said about regular supply crates? I have 17 just sitting around, is there any chance I can get a key for them?

They posted the results:

#1 IFA vs #2 FOX : 2-0 IFA

#3 SC vs #4 YYIp : 2-0 SC

#5 Hearts vs #7 CS : 2-0 CS

#6 BMF vs #8 9DRJ : 2-0 9DRJ

#9 SP vs #10 HoS : 2-1 SP

#11 MR vs #12 C9 : 2-0 C9

I think I see a pattern.

Javaman

That's a bummer about the games guys. Machina put it well, we did great considering how loose we played. Personally I'm not a big fan of intense competative play (and practicing beforehand!) so Iron level suits me fine. I'm def up for playing again next season though. If we get a good start I'm sure we'll make the playoffs next time. I'll be rooting for fox on the sidelines next week!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Thanks for the explanation. I assume the same thing can be said about regular supply crates? I have 17 just sitting around, is there any chance I can get a key for them?

No problem.

Crates are worth a little more because they are permanent and can have valuable things in them, but it all depends on what series the crate is, because of:

how those crates could/can be obtained
If the series can even still be obtained
what's in the box

Values of crates can range from .11 ref to 32 keys (96 ref) based on the series.

Pricey ones:
  1. Series 30
  2. Series 40
  3. Any Special/Promo box/crate ("What's in the Companion Square Box?", "What's in the Sandvich Box?")

But most don't hit that at all. Most new ones are worth either like 1 ref or a s. weapon, I think. I'd advise doing a little TF2 Econ. research as to prices.

They posted the results:

#1 IFA vs #2 FOX : 2-0 IFA

#3 SC vs #4 YYIp : 2-0 SC

#5 Hearts vs #7 CS : 2-0 CS

#6 BMF vs #8 9DRJ : 2-0 9DRJ

#9 SP vs #10 HoS : 2-1 SP

#11 MR vs #12 C9 : 2-0 C9

I think I see a pattern.

gravelpit best competitive map

Every tournament I look forward to the map that has no rollouts, no back and forth, and no comebacks.

I had a ton of fun playing Highlander with you guys. If someone feels like organizing another team next season, I will very likely be up for joining in, my schedule being the only potential limitation.

Zia

Has anyone else ever had an issue with drops resetting? I haven't received anything since (I'm assuming) I reached my cap last Tues. Not sure if I should contact ever-unhelpful Steam support...

Top Bottom