• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

It was better than last year, at least you don't have everyone wearing a nasty fleshy eye anymore. It would benefit from being shorter overall though, 'cause I quickly get sick of 90% of servers running event maps only.

Proven

Merasmus is really boring to fight. Monoculus is the best Halloween boss.

Pretty much this. I wanted to spend just a few hours doing some halloween stuff before going back to GW2, but I quickly saw that you pretty much need a full server dedicated to killing him to get it done. No incidental kills here. Oh well.

Playoff brackets are out: http://www.ugcleague.com/playoffs_tf2h_season8.cfm. They did take the top 8 of each division. We play Hard Ass on Ashville. They are in the blue division and gave the only undefeated team there its one lost on gravel pit. Their record though is less stellar. They were shutout on lakeside by the DTF who is the number two seed in the other steel bracket. They gave up 8 flag caps on turbine. Also had to fight a third round of swiftwater. But after that, they got red hot with taking granary 5-2 and shutting out their opponents on viaduct and the form mention gravel pit.

thefro

Playoff brackets are out: http://www.ugcleague.com/playoffs_tf2h_season8.cfm. They did take the top 8 of each division. We play Hard Ass on Ashville. They are in the blue division and gave the only undefeated team there its one lost on gravel pit. Their record though is less stellar. They were shutout on lakeside by the DTF who is the number two seed in the other steel bracket. They gave up 8 flag caps on turbine. Also had to fight a third round of swiftwater. But after that, they got red hot with taking granary 5-2 and shutting out their opponents on viaduct and the form mention gravel pit.

Better than Top Gluttons for sure... think you should have an edge over Hard Ass on a KOTH map.

Jesus Christ, GAF. I've gotten a little bored with that MOBA game I've been playing, so I logged on to Steam and played TF2 for the first time in probably 2 or 3 months; hell, maybe even longer than that.

24188597.jpg

Seriously, this game is really unforgiving if you take a break. Especially when you have a lot of binds. It took me a minute to even figure out how to switch weapons. Not cool.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet

0219_nnle.gif

Smite is my first MOBA. I've also downloaded League of Legends, but I haven't played it yet. Smite looked like more fun because it's kind of a hybrid between an action game and a MOBA. In games like DOTA and LoL it looks like a giant clickfest.

Smite is my first MOBA. I've also downloaded League of Legends, but I haven't played it yet. Smite looked like more fun because it's kind of a hybrid between an action game and a MOBA. In games like DOTA and LoL it looks like a giant clickfest.

Everyone and their grandma has gotten a dota invite over the past few days, I'd recommend you give it a shot if you enjoyed the strategy and progression of Smite (as that's pretty moba standard). If you like the fact that it's more action-y then dota might not be for you, but I'd still try it if I were you. If you want an invite I can give you one.

Yeah, I enjoy the action more than the strategy aspect, to be honest. I've also been hesitant to try other MOBAs because of the time commitment — I was about to quit SMITE but a few days ago they released a new game mode that lasts around 15 mins. The normal, more MOBA-esque game mode lasts around 45 mins, and that was killing me. Something always comes up in those 45 mins and I either have to piss off someone in real life or go AFK and get reported by my team. I heard that LoL and DOTA are also long lasting, which is a huge turn off.

Yeah, I enjoy the action more than the strategy aspect, to be honest. I've also been hesitant to try other MOBAs because of the time commitment — I was about to quit SMITE but a few days ago they released a new game mode that lasts around 15 mins. The normal, more MOBA-esque game mode lasts around 45 mins, and that was killing me. Something always comes up in those 45 mins and I either have to piss off someone in real life or go AFK and get reported by my team. I heard that LoL and DOTA are also long lasting, which is a huge turn off.

Yeah, that's pretty par for the course. Normal dota games average 40 to 60 minutes. Although there is a halloween mode right now that I'm enjoying a lot (for a variety of reasons, one being that people don't take it as seriously as normal dota) that only takes 25 mins max. I think that ends this weekend though (but I bet it will be a mode down the line that they keep). But yeah if that's your main concern, that's just inherent in the genre sadly.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ, GAF. I've gotten a little bored with that MOBA game I've been playing, so I logged on to Steam and played TF2 for the first time in probably 2 or 3 months; hell, maybe even longer than that.

24188597.jpg

Seriously, this game is really unforgiving if you take a break. Especially when you have a lot of binds. It took me a minute to even figure out how to switch weapons. Not cool.

0219_nnle.gif

Bleh, I been getting rusty since I've been punching stuff in TF2. Need to get the rust off and try to analyze situations before getting into them. Aim is way off too :(

Nothin' wrong with feet. They're covered about as much as anything else, seeing them bare can be just as exciting. That's nothing. Now when you start gettin' into armpits, that's when your eyes really open up.

Oh wait I thought this was the Halo thread.

I always wonder about armpits. I mean, what if you take off their shirt and go for a lick in the heat of the moment, but then you recoil from the taste of aluminum? AKA anti-perspirant. Major boner killer.

I guess like any fetish, though, it's spoken of beforehand. "Hey, man, can you wash your pits so I can go to town on them?" Right? I can't imagine someone doing it based on blind hope. That would be disastrous. I mean, what if their pits stink really badly? What if they haven't showered? Oh, my god, what if they're ticklish?

The same can be applied to feet, too, I guess. What if they have awful feet? Can you imagine a footjob with a fungal infection? What if their feet are so dry that it's like sandpaper? What if they just cut their nails for the occasion, but accidentally left one nail sharp and it nicks you?

Having a fetish must suck sometimes. You probably have to search for a while before anyone is willing to bite and perhaps stick with you. If it defines your sex life, anyway. I imagine most are fine with vanilla action if the other party is uninterested and/or haven't fled the scene.

I should invent a fetish. Maybe call it "Webster's." It would consist of reading random entries from a dictionary during intercourse. If it's a new word, you high-five each other, and then you get slapped for not knowing the word. Not on the ass, though. It's totally versatile, too! Any entity involved could be the reader.

Knowledge has never been more fun.

Kirsten

I was playing on a reddit server the other day and I played this map called dog bread. I suggest we add it to the server. It was great.

Top Bottom