• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
I get the impression that Reddit, brony, and furry servers are all pretty good, so you can take your pick as to which subcommunity you hate the least.

Proven

I was looking to recommend based on which coast you were on, but you can always just pick one of the community servers that everyone hates except for troll purposes.

Reckoner

I was looking to recommend based on which coast you were on, but you can always just pick one of the community servers that everyone hates except for troll purposes.
Ah, didn't get it since I'm not from the US. You can suggest any server, since I have a really good Internet service and usually play on servers around the world, no matter where they are.

I have never liked Bronies, but I like playing on that server for some reason. I commonly mute people though, as they strongly encourage music-playing.

CritSandvich is good
Lionsden is good

Maddocks

I have never liked Bronies, but I like playing on that server for some reason. I commonly mute people though, as they strongly encourage music-playing.

CritSandvich is good
Lionsden is good

I went into a bronies server once. sounded like a rave was taking place. had to mute everyone....decided to just leave lol

Yeef

There is (or at least used to be) a semi-secret GAF Brony server run by some other guy. He PM'd me once asking for help with some admin-related stuff.

AcciDante

Haven't we all?

e39.png

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of Heavy, if Valve is reading this, it'd be awesome if you could fix the sandvich taunt. You know, where you taunt with the sandvich, but instead it makes you eat your gun and doesn't heal you at all? That one. >:|

Yeef

Speaking of Heavy, if Valve is reading this, it'd be awesome if you could fix the sandvich taunt. You know, where you taunt with the sandvich, but instead it makes you eat your gun and doesn't heal you at all? That one. >:|
Sandwich taunt works fine. Stop switching weapons while taunting.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not doing that. It does it automagically, so shut up you stupid bear!
As much as it might pain me to agree with Kuro, I agree with Kuro. :p I'm pretty sure just pressing taunt by itself would bring up the gun, use the sandvich meter, and not heal you at all. Left clicking instead works, though.

Forkball

So it's been two months since the last blog post. I did some clicking and the last time there was this big of a gap between blog posts was... never. There were a few that were a month or six weeks apart, but none were over two months apart. They have officially run out of ideas.

Proven

My TF2 feed didn't update.

Also, quick Spectator Tutorial!

When spectating a Source game in a spectator or SourceTV slot you have two modes. Manual and Auto-Director.

Pressing "Left Alt" activates Auto-Director. The SourceTV has a certain amount of delay from the real server, so the real server can tell it, "Hey, go check out Java's screen. He's about to die in an embarassing way," or, "Dude, Proven is about to multi-uber. Catch his point of view as he gets a ton of assist points."

Alternatively, you can click around and be in "Manual." All this really means is that left clicking and right clicking will have you scroll forwards and backwards through the players. Unfortunately, the order is based on Steam IDs or order of server connection or some arbitrary order that doesn't take into account that people are on two different colored teams. If a player is currently dead, their camera doesn't exist, and trying to click to them will skip over them to the next currently live player. Yes, this means you will get confused.

Cool stuff:
"Spacebar" - There are three camera modes. First Person, Third Person Tied to a Player, and Third Person Free Cam. Free Cam lets you WASD yourself all over the place and see the action how you want. When tired, just hit Spacebar to cycle back to First Person.

"Swim Up" and "Swim Down" - Oh, those useless actions. Well, they have a use! Instead of trying to fly in circles upwards and downwards in Free Cam, you can bind keys to Swim Up and Swim Down to go straight up and down on the y-axis. Handy. The default keys are " ' " and " / ". I usually rebind them to "Q" and "E", but don't forget to change those binds later or you'll end up going two weeks without the ability to Call for Medic.

Competitive HUD - Quick! Hit Esc! Open up Advanced Options and scroll down to HUD Options so you can check the box to Use Advanced Spectator HUD in Tournament Mode. I don't even remember what the default looks like anymore. Unfortunately, the HUD doesn't refresh itself when a player connects, disconnects, or even changes teams. So, assuming that you guys have already enabled your use of the developer console, you can pop open the console and type in "hud_reloadscheme" to quickly refresh everything. The console tries to auto finish your command, so you really only need to type in "hud_r" before you can start tapping up or down, but there you go.

Yeef

I'm not doing that. It does it automagically, so shut up you stupid bear!

As much as it might pain me to agree with Kuro, I agree with Kuro. :p I'm pretty sure just pressing taunt by itself would bring up the gun, use the sandvich meter, and not heal you at all. Left clicking instead works, though.
You are both wrong. It works fine provided "allow taunt switching" isn't set to 2, as it is on The Jank. Taunt switching is more important than your silly little picinics.

Sajjaja

My old man just bought a 70inch LED TV so had to set that up and lug the old 63 inch projection TV down into the garage..... hope you all have fun.

Top Bottom