• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

Party mode is disabled. I thought I had already done so, but I guess I forgot to.

The crit schedule is still the same: Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays - No Crits. Random crits other days.

I'm thinking of adding Friday to that list, so that we're more non-crit than crit (also, I have Tuesdays and Fridays off, so it'll make me slightly more likely to play).

AcciDante

Party mode is disabled. I thought I had already done so, but I guess I forgot to.

The crit schedule is still the same: Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays - No Crits. Random crits other days.

I'm thinking of adding Friday to that list, so that we're more non-crit than crit (also, I have Tuesdays and Fridays off, so it'll make me slightly more likely to play).

Why do you ever want crits on?

It was off yesterday then all of sudden when we switched to steel it was party balloons, cake, and crits everywhere.

Oh, and it seems like crits have been on for weeks but maybe that's just me. Any chance the stat page will make a comeback or are we still forced to believe the fallacy that Failuregorn is ranked first on the server?

It was off yesterday then all of sudden when we switched to steel it was party balloons, cake, and crits everywhere.

Oh, and it seems like crits have been on for weeks but maybe that's just me. Any chance the stat page will make a comeback or are we still forced to believe the fallacy that Failuregorn is ranked first on the server?

Man, Zeke's turning into such a whiner...

Yeef

The issue was that party mode was disabled in the nocrits config, but not in the crits config. So anytime we passed midnight on a night with no crits, it'd enable crits and birthday mode.

As for stats: I'm considering using either this stats plugin or just going the Game ME route. I'll have to look into both more in depth whenever I get the time.

I think most people here have played TF2 more than long enough not to buy into the "it's part of the game" bullshit. The game isn't balanced around dying suddenly and unavoidably through no fault of your own. If it was, respawns wouldn't be 20 seconds long.

Aside from that, the idea that's it's balanced to reward skilled players is nuts because the system is based on damage dealt. That still naturally favors heavy, demoman, and soldier because they have the highest damage outputs and get the most mileage out of crits by far. This is also only assuming everyone just happens to be hanging out all in the same place all the time, because crit percentage is based on damage done in the last 20 seconds. 2 soldiers that just spawned and haven't fought at all have the same crit chance even if one has 2 kills and one has 200 kills. Doesn't matter which one is "better" because TF2 doesn't function on any sort of magical mechanism that can determine skill.

DogWelder

Season 8 of UGC HL just ended. Y'all wanting to play again next season should start arranging the team(s) and getting shit in order. New season starts in about a month, but you don't wanna be late again or else you will be burdened with the disadvantage of making up lost games. Cost both GAF teams this season!

Edit: The Iron team should try Steel.

Season 8 of UGC HL just ended. Y'all wanting to play again next season should start arranging the team(s) and getting shit in order. New season starts in about a month, but you don't wanna be late again or else you will be burdened with the disadvantage of making up lost games. Cost both GAF teams this season!

Edit: The Iron team should try Steel.

I'm up for it.

Blizzard

Banned
The steel team should try iron, better chances of success!

The iron team should meanwhile try wood. If there isn't a wood league, darnit, there should be.

Clydefrog

hey Swinwood,

BkZfi.jpg

HNNNGGGGG

Bluth54

I actually really want to play TF2 right now, but I can't. I have a blood clot in one of my legs and it's very swollen so I have to keep it up and I can't really play games with a mouse and keyboard right now, only a controller. And I'm not playing TF2 with a controller.

Yeef

I actually really want to play TF2 right now, but I can't. I have a blood clot in one of my legs and it's very swollen so I have to keep it up and I can't really play games with a mouse and keyboard right now, only a controller. And I'm not playing TF2 with a controller.
Playing solo-MvM with a controller as Demoknight is actually decently fun. Even if it's impossible to win.

Came back, saw this, TF2 thread redeemed. Going to watch it today.

I'm going to have to give Kuro a different bad memory to associate with me and GW2 soon. Probably during Wintersday...

It's a good movie. Pretty sure I saw that it was on netflix instant streaming the other day.

Top Bottom