• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

thefro

Scout: too fast, rewards player skill too much. 1 player shouldn't be able to wreck a whole team. Then he has Bonk and baseballs and all sorts of other overpowered gimmick weapons.
Solider: Rocket jumping is ridiclously overpowered, so you end up with one of the highest HP classes & damage-outputting classes also being the most mobile. Random mini-crits make him kill people in 1 hit.
Medic: Ubercharge/kritzkrieg are broken and turn the game into "defend the medic while he waits for his uber to charge" and "uber-management simulator" instead of a fun free-flowing game. Can't counter this unless you kill the medic. Overhealing breaks classes like Solider & Demoman & Heavy
Spy: Dead ringer, spycicle, red tape recorder, etc etc
Engineer: Wrangler breaks certain maps, Pomson "overpowered" say medics & spies. Mini sentries.
Sniper: Rewards player skill too much, Jarate overpowered. Huntsman overpowered on the Medieval map. Really unfair with lag added.
Demo: Strongest class, can just spam all sorts of things and kill unsuspecting people
Heavy: Huo-Long Heater is broken, spin up and spam bullets. Sandwich overpowered. Gets overhealed too much and is impossible to kill except by other broken classes.

Clydefrog

Scout: too fast, rewards player skill too much. 1 player shouldn't be able to wreck a whole team. Then he has Bonk and baseballs and all sorts of other overpowered gimmick weapons.
Solider: Rocket jumping is ridiclously overpowered, so you end up with one of the highest HP classes & damage-outputting classes also being the most mobile. Random mini-crits make him kill people in 1 hit.
Medic: Ubercharge/kritzkrieg are broken and turn the game into "defend the medic while he waits for his uber to charge" and "uber-management simulator" instead of a fun free-flowing game. Can't counter this unless you kill the medic. Overhealing breaks classes like Solider & Demoman & Heavy
Engineer: Wrangler breaks certain maps, Pomson "overpowered" say medics & spies. Mini sentries.
Sniper: Rewards player skill too much, Jarate overpowered. Huntsman overpowered on the Medieval map. Really unfair with lag added.
Demo: Strongest class, can just spam all sorts of things and kill unsuspecting people
Heavy: Huo-Long Heater is broken, spin up and spam bullets. Sandwich overpowered. Gets overhealed too much and is impossible to kill except by other broken classes.

tumblr_me433lpMrj1ribzx2o1_500.gif

You forgot Pyro.

ED: Wait, no, you claim Pyro isn't earlier. Disregard.

Sianos

Pyro is a more powerful class than given credit. Airblast is the only counter for ubers (pomson doesn't count, it was only added so engies wouldnt have to rely on pub w+m1ers to protect the nest). Pyro is pretty powerful up close, but its true talent is in defending. Pyro can keep the combo and nest safe from both hard pushes and flankers, especially soldiers who love to bomb Medics. They can knock off sappers and spycheck a wide radius with one scorch shot.

But if everyone is overpowered... doesn't that mean it's balanced?

AcciDante

Calling someone a 'try hard' is one of the stupidest insults I have ever heard in a game or anywhere else. Get outta here, clean shirt.

Blizzard

Banned
I went loch 'n load sticky jumper caberman, and someone (COUGH ACCIDANTE COUGH) was like Blizzard, play something useful!

But we won anyway. Just goes to show, you gotta do what your heart desires!

DogWelder

by definition they are doing whatever it takes to win, and heavy is by far the strongest class. I can single-handedly turn a losing game around my rolling a heavy. And that is what you call being a try hard.
Demoman is the most op class, not heavy. Demo does way more DPM.

injurai

Banned
Oh we have another member of the cantkillheavyandwhineabouthim club. Let us introduce you to our friend CRUSHED (by heavies)

Who said I'm whining? I play 90% spy and would complain about pyros if anything. Really there isn't anything gameplay wise in TF2 that I would complain about seeing as I view is a nearly perfect game, and happens to be my favorite game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Who said I'm whining? I play 90% spy and would complain about pyros if anything. Really there isn't anything gameplay wise in TF2 that I would complain about seeing as I view is a nearly perfect game, and happens to be my favorite game.

You know who else says heavies are tryhards?

Crushed (by heavies)

Worst class to play.

Only slightly better than DR spy with the fez.

Sianos

you are a keyboard warrior. My original comment that tryhards play heavy. Not that heavies are tryhards.

I also play vanilla spy.

Vanilla Spy is the best Spy. <3

My days of Spy are long over and I've moved onto the Art of Rocket Jumping, but if I do pick up the knife it's with my trusty Enthusiast's Timepiece at my side.

injurai

Banned
Vanilla Spy is the best Spy. <3

My days of Spy are long over and I've moved onto the Art of Rocket Jumping, but if I do pick up the knife it's with my trusty Enthusiast's Timepiece at my side.

What amazes me are those rocket and stick jump servers. I'd love to learn that art. I can't do much more than the standard crouch rocket jump.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
What amazes me are those rocket and stick jump servers. I'd love to learn that art. I can't do much more than the standard crouch rocket jump.

Best way to learn is to just try it. :p Plenty of beginner servers around, join on an easy map like Rush, Beef, or Adventure and feel free to ask for help. There's almost always a few experienced people willing to give advice or demonstrate specific jumps.

TF2Jump.com's JuJump iT! - 74.91.113.66:27015
BBHoD Jump Training - 68.232.182.75:27015
TF2Newbs also has a couple of jump servers that usually run easier maps.

Top Bottom