• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is TF2 GAF on it's last leg? Sent an event every night this week so far and the server's only been full on one day (I think it was Monday?). The glorious days of yore of being full every night (and having people waiting in queue) are over I guess. :(
Shoutcasting and Playing Firefall, going to events. Trying to #ESPORTS.

I'd love to get all of you into it when it's more ready. Probably as soon as they standardize PvP gear which will be soon.

I know that smaller groups will do well and it would be awesome to see a small NeoGAF team play in tournaments and maybe win a few things.

If any of you are more serious about getting in early and practicing for the $1million 2013 season just lmk

--
I'm still down for playing as an alt if you need someone in TF2 though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shoutcasting and Playing Firefall, going to events. Trying to #ESPORTS.

I'd love to get all of you into it when it's more ready. Probably as soon as they standardize PvP gear which will be soon.

I know that smaller groups will do well and it would be awesome to see a small NeoGAF team play in tournaments and maybe win a few things.

If any of you are more serious about getting in early and practicing for the $1million 2013 season just lmk

--
I'm still down for playing as an alt if you need someone in TF2 though.

wtf SHOUTCASTING?! why Ner-OHHHHHHHHH never casted our games?!

Bluth54

Is TF2 GAF on it's last leg? Sent an event every night this week so far and the server's only been full on one day (I think it was Monday?). The glorious days of yore of being full every night (and having people waiting in queue) are over I guess. :(

I actually want to play TF2 but can't really play games with a mouse/keyboard due to my medical condition right now.

I imagine the Jank will see a nice boost when the Christmas update comes out.

Oreoleo

It's always like this, this time of year. Halloween update kills a lot of interest (including a bunch of UGC fatigue from various teams and seasons this year), along with the usual end of the year "AAA" new game releases stealing people's time from TF2. This has been going on for 3 years now, it's nothing new.

Though I have to admit that the idea of the salad days of TF2 GAF being behind us has crossed my mind recently as well :\

I just have a goofy sleep schedule these past weeks and get too tired by the time Jank wants to roll. Also been chippin' away at games that I really should've gotten around to playing.

Proven

Guild Wars 2: Wintersday edition.

Also, life has been busy in general for me lately.

Forkball

I can really only play on the weekends. And the server ALWAYS has it's dry spells. Halloween seems to kill it due to the repetitiveness of the event (though this year's was quite good) and there's a lot of good games that always hit around winter time. The server dies around the winter sale but bounces back eventually.

the-end-is-always-near-thats-whats-so-great-about-it.jpg

So it was YOU. I was trying to play something else, dammit!

I've never been quoted so much. It makes me feel special.

Also, excuses! You should all feel bad. Except for Bluth.
Hope you get better soon!

(._.)

Banned
It takes FOREVER for me to load TF2 and join the server, so it's a big commitment rather than a pick up and play thing. Plus I should pretty much be spending 100% of my time on non-game things these days. =(

remember 2010?

- HLDJ from like 9 people all night
- oreoleo complaing about everybody HLDJing
- no awful games on that one payload map barnblitz
- awful games on dustbowl instead
- awful games in general since gaf server would get so many noobs but it was ok since it was still fun :)
- game wasn't as bloated then

RIP TF2

Nope, it was actually. Been using full screen all this time and when they released the patch for alt tabbing, it was magical :O Now it is a broken POS again :(
:O Wow I can't even imagine fullscreen TF2 alt-tabbing easily. It just breaks my mind. Sucks that it's busted but do you use a resolution smaller than native for your monitor on TF2? 'Cause otherwise borderless window would give you all the alt-tabbing with none of the mess.

Yeef

So tomorrow is going to be an interesting day...

RgXIy.png

These all came in within the last two hours or so with no end in sight.
Ended up with 380 or so orders. 57 hours later, I am finished.

Also, added Badwater Christmas and Barnblitz Pro to the server.

:O Wow I can't even imagine fullscreen TF2 alt-tabbing easily. It just breaks my mind. Sucks that it's busted but do you use a resolution smaller than native for your monitor on TF2? 'Cause otherwise borderless window would give you all the alt-tabbing with none of the mess.

native resolution. Maybe I should do borderless one of these days.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Even with borderless windowed, I have issues alt-tabbing out of TF2... used to work perfectly a few months ago, but now I have to toggle the menu/console a couple times to actually switch.

Just tried some borderless. Alt tab is even faster than what I had before. No noticeable framerate drops other than my old laptop. Performs pretty much the same.

Top Bottom