• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

Most people lack game sense more than anything. The dm will come once you learn the proper utilization of the mechanics of the game and how maps generally flow.

:( Window borderless is now being a hit and miss with alt tabbing.

Also trying to improve my aim by disabling viewmodel for certain weapons.

Man you guys remind me hard just how much I suck at TF2, fuck.

You know, sometimes I have really good rounds, othertimes (this tends to happen quite a bit more than I like to admit) I have terrible rounds. The really weird part is when I sign into non-GAF servers and like...totally rock. That's what really throws me off. Just take comfort in knowing that not everyone dominant, and always remember, that when you get that lucky kill on someone much better than you, to mock them mercilessly.

Yeef

Ad3676648St1Sz225Sq21941298V0Id2.jpg

Sianos

The difference is on the GAF server people generally try to work together as a team and know a bit more about game flow. A bunch of strong dm players running around uncoordinated will generally be beaten by the team of average dm but well coordinated players.

Can I be good at TF2 as well?

I'm getting an upgrade for my computer in a week. Exciting.

I'm in the planning stages for an upgrade too. :O

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The difference is on the GAF server people generally try to work together as a team and know a bit more about game flow. A bunch of strong dm players running around uncoordinated will generally be beaten by the team of average dm but well coordinated players.

I'm in the planning stages for an upgrade too. :O
Wtf server are you playing on? Whoretower = every player for themselves.

Then a bunch playing lul classes.

Sianos

Or you can keep using the bitch's bazooka.

I thought it was pretty useless at first, until I discovered the glorious Medic picking abilities of the overload jump. From there I started practicing with it, and I think I'm pretty proficient with it. What you lose in dm with Scouts, Soldiers, and Engies you gain in stronger bombing abilities and a more favorable Pyro match up.

Btw the reload doesn't sync with the animation, so most people tend to release the rocket a bit late, after it's already been loaded for a bit.

Wtf server are you playing on? Whoretower = every player for themselves.

Then a bunch playing lul classes.

Hightower is one of those just for fun maps. :U

Besides, the team that buckles down and focuses the cart generally wins over the one just roaming around getting a bunch of kills.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was pretty useless at first, until I discovered the glorious Medic picking abilities of the overload jump. From there I started practicing with it, and I think I'm pretty proficient with it. What you lose in dm with Scouts, Soldiers, and Engies you gain in stronger bombing abilities and a more favorable Pyro match up.

Btw the reload doesn't sync with the animation, so most people tend to release the rocket a bit late, after it's already been loaded for a bit.

Hightower is one of those just for fun maps. :U

Besides, the team that buckles down and focuses the cart generally wins over the one just roaming around getting a bunch of kills.
I specced you fail jump right into a heavy. There was another fail, but I can't remember what class. You may have succeeded but I sure as hell didn't see it.

Whoretower is won by the other team not paying attention, not coordination since there is never an engine there

I specced you fail jump right into a heavy. There was another fail, but I can't remember what class. You may have succeeded but I sure as hell didn't see it.

Whoretower is won by the other team not paying attention, not coordination since there is never an engine there

Hightower is usually won by whichever team has the best sniper in the final moments. Or whoever gets angriest and goes heavies/minis/spawn-campings.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hightower is usually won by whichever team has the best sniper in the final moments. Or whoever gets angriest and goes heavies/minis/spawn-campings.
Doesn't take coordination to switch to minis. Never saw a fattie win that Mao either.

You want to get better = watch and ask what experienced players do in certain circumstances.

Sianos

Random example of a Beggar's Bazooka bomb. Cameo by everyone's favorite golden Scout.

I'm not quite adapted enough to do the jump perfectly every time, and it can be pretty tricky (also helps I overuse it getting mid for the practice (and just because I CAN, dammit)). And if I'm playing a class other than Soldier I'm just messing around with random weapons. :U

Sianos

- says the soldier with no mic and doesn't call spies and doesn't check

Spies aren't traditionally found in the air, so I usually don't run across them. :U

The roamer isn't supposed to comb your own backfield, but when I do come across a foolish Spy I chase them down.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Spies aren't traditionally found in the air, so I usually don't run across them. :U

The roamer isn't supposed to comb your own backfield, but when I do come across a foolish Spy I chase them down.
You have the best view from up top. I'd be calling all sorts of stuff which you never did.

Who said combing? What you should do is call him out and let the pyro take him.

The worst spies are the lazy ones. I know you had full health. I shot you once. You're not fooling anyone. Then it's a matter of wasting 6 seconds or just going back to the pack and telling everyone to stay alert.

Proven

This is happening in 20 minutes (or at least scheduled to :p). Should be a fun match. :D

Ugh, for some reason I thought this match would be in the morning. Like, right now. Not, last night.

Dog having a cat avatar is the most confusing thing in the world.

And yes, a class that excells at point blank range when given an uber and a medic or two to help get to point blank range will do very well against bads and/or a team without their own airblasting Pyro to counter.

Top Bottom