• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

why you heff be mad?

We Bird Fortress now.

hw2013_heavy_robin.33ccd1d15265795b6e560a8ed23c101205c53c7e.png
hw2013_medicmedes.148a904a1aef5b80cc8f85e3b20c668bf28f17ae.png
hw2013_feathered_freedom.3046991caeeca8cf258a9c3c4de0de505d654095.png
hw2013_manbird_of_aberdeen.61f8fc5d80cf993afaca097c8e0ceb62f9f67b0e.png
hw2013_sir_shootsalot.36506a2db9b4cea88915f22d5218c5deb3c2b1f4.png

See everything here.

Color it purple and it actually looks like one of the official characters, too.

I expect purple paint sales are going to skyrocket, as such.

Collete

Sianos

Well, looks like all it took for people to support restrictions was unicorn hats. Valve knows their players too well. :U

Spookytower is basically Hightower with MAGICKS and SKELETONS and a PORTAL TO HELL. Pretty neato. Minis are still a pain in the ass, but you can launch your magicks at them, which seems to be pretty effective.

For making it to the island you get an empty spellbook which does things... except you need pages to use it, which you get by doing stuff? Still a mystery for now.

There's an achievement for getting four achievements, you probably get a hat for doing that.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
For anyone using a custom HUD, if you want to see spells...

Code:
HudSpellMenu
{
"fieldName" "HudSpellMenu"
"visible" "1"
"enabled" "1"
"wide"	 "640"
"tall"	 "480"
"zpos" "2"
"xpos"	 "130"
"ypos"	 "r61"

"TextFont"	 "Default"
"ItemFont"	 "Default"
"ItemFontPulsing"	 "Default"
}

Copy and paste that into hudlayout.res after the entry for HudMenu.

Yeef

Helltower is fun and chaotic in a way that the last few halloweens weren't.

I don't know if it was just the server, but when I was playing there seemed to be horrible, horrible framerates on the other players/bots. My actual FPS was normal though (120ish) with no choke. It was quite strange.

Also, in hell, when you become a ghost you can still use voice commands.

Helltower is fun and chaotic in a way that the last few halloweens weren't.

I don't know if it was just the server, but when I was playing there seemed to be horrible, horrible framerates on the other players/bots. My actual FPS was normal though (120ish) with no choke. It was quite strange.

Also, in hell, when you become a ghost you can still use voice commands.

That was the server, it was really shitty. Which is why I left.

Also, as a ghost you have infinite jumps so you can float around everywhere and M1 makes ghost sounds!

corn_fest

I think it might be time to hop back into TF2 for a little bit. Halloween is always TF2's big event, after all.
And now that I've stopped caring about cosmetics I won't have to worry about shitty present hunts.

Oooh I just read the update. Was gone all day so I never got to turn on my PC. Definitely gonna have to pop in and play a little TF2 this week. Hightower all day!

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, I step away from the thread like one day and they make a crazy Halloweentower map. I will have to try to play it later this week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
STOP TELLING ME THERE'S A GIFT FOR ME AND TO PRESS K TO CLOSE IF YOU AREN'T GONNA TELL ME WHERE THE GIFT IS. GAHHHH.

Hate having to press K to get that stupid pop-up that pops-up EVERY SIX SECONDS to close. I DON'T CARE! I'M BUSY PUSHING THE CART AND GETTING ACHIEVEMENTS!

Woobie

In case you all haven't seen it yet theres a new (maybe bug?) high five animation.
Demoman/solider do a backflip animation when they high five each other and the soldier gets bugged sometimes and does it with classes other than the demo.

Not sure if the animation is supposed to be in the game because it is obviously unpolished but it's pretty neat so go see it while it lasts!

Guys, I think I accidentally deleted my spell book on my first log in... my backpack was full and the button broke, so I kept clicking.

Now I can't use spells or anything... any suggestions?

what i don't get is how everyone, especially bronies, think it's some kind of MLP reference

sry kids but mlp didn't invent pink unicorns
Pretty much, which is why it gets tiring to browse my usual spots and seeing the first mention of it by idiots spewing diarrhea about it ruining everything. Instead of y'know, laughing at a stupid goofy unicorn hood that fits with the theme of the event.

Collete

Sianos

The parrot lines are probably just bugged for the moment. There's also some crash bugs as well, so expect another patch fairly soon.

Top Bottom