• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

indeed

Spy is down there with Engi for "how do people main these classes". One is just boring as hell, the other seems to be more irrelevant, easily countered, and too much work for so little gain.

Spy is way more enjoyable than Engy or Heavy. At least Spy takes skill
or alotta luck
to play.

My hats off to the few good Heavies I see around but still, the worst class.

Special C

indeed

Spy is down there with Engi for "how do people main these classes". One is just boring as hell, the other seems to be more irrelevant, easily countered, and too much work for so little gain.

As a newcomer to this game, I was hoping it wasn't just me playing it wrong. Engineer has been super boring so far. Nothing like my experience playing Support in MNC which is kind of a Medic/Engineer Hybrid.

As a newcomer to this game, I was hoping it wasn't just me playing it wrong. Engineer has been super boring so far. Nothing like my experience playing Support in MNC which is kind of a Medic/Engineer Hybrid.

Engineer is a boring class for sure, but it's also a super useful class on lotsa maps. Sometimes i'll play and be happy the other team doesn't have an engy, but on my team it's like "guys we need an engy!"

A good Spy is super amazing to have on your team, trouble is there aren't lots of good spies in TF2. But even so, if the spy can get a well-timed backstab/sap it can devastate the other team.

Yeef

Battle Engineer is tons of fun, but also super annoying for the other people you're playing against on some maps.

Gunslinger + Widowmaker ruins lots of days.

Woobie

Engineer is a boring class for sure, but it's also a super useful class on lotsa maps.

I play engi in highlander this season and it's surprisingly fun. You have your duties on payload but on KoTH and CP maps you can do anything you want because NO ONE focuses the engi.
People see me running behind and usually just leave to attend to more important things.
You can work the flanks and get some big plays if you can aim.

Also even on payload its funny to see peoples reaction when you move you sentry.
Other teams have wasted many ubers trying to take down my sentry, only to realize it isn't anywhere near them anymore.

I find how the playerbase responded to the Disguise Kit over a period of 5-6 years fascinating.

I remember playing in late 07-early 08 and fooling people was a hell of a lot easier, compared to today where it's used primarily for anti-sentry purposes.

Battle Engineer is tons of fun, but also super annoying for the other people you're playing against on some maps.

Gunslinger + Widowmaker ruins lots of days.

I like gunslinger + frontier justice personally. Hang out opposite your gun and take em down with your pistol while they're distracted by your sentry. Then enjoy sweet, sweet crits if needed. If not, set it up again and amass the crits until you need em.

anangrysockpuppet is doing some charity gaming for Extra Life Nov 2nd.

Donation site here

Won't you help me in eliminating terminal illness as an excuse for not going to school?

Most of the 25 hours I spend playing games will probably be spend in Team Fortress 2, so feel free to join me. Maybe there'll be special guest appearances by some other Source Filmmaker dudes, and presents given out by me.
If you have a server and would like me to host my style or whatever, send a private message to my YouTube account. (http://www.youtube.com/user/anangrysockpuppet)

For more updates and such, follow me on Tumblr and Twitter.

It'll give me an excuse to play TF2 during the day so yeah why not?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188064141

637x358.resizedimage
268x268.resizedimage

Bluth54

I hope no one is expecting those Deadly Premonition items to be added to the game, no promo item for a game ever sent to the workshop has been added to TF2. I'm pretty sure the workshop is where Valve sends promo items to die.

indeed

If you get on a good streak, being a Spy can be a huge rush. It happens only occasionally for me (usually on new maps before people establish spy avoidance techniques), but for a friend of mine he is just so goddamn great at Spy that he can enjoy it all the time.

I main Medic, probably the most 'boring' of classes, but damn if it doesn't feel good to save people from certain death, or initiate that decisive push to claim the point.

Reckoner

indeed

No way. Spy is one of the best (if not the best) class in the game. It takes time to get the grasp of it and you really have to know the corners of the map and actually, sometimes, use your brains. When you get good, it is just fun.

No way. Spy is one of the best (if not the best) class in the game. It takes time to get the grasp of it and you really have to know the corners of the map and actually, sometimes, use your brains. When you get good, it is just fun.

I will second this. Once you get how to play Spy, it becomes great.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Your Eternal Reward removes the backstab disguise at health stations? Seriously? Seriously? D:

Collete

Guys, I'm having a real serious problem with TF2 lately.
I've noticed my ping is skyrocketing in places it shouldn't be (like Dallas in Capdatpoint which shouldn't be a problem since I'm in Texas.)
My internet connection is just fine apparently, but whenever I get into TF2 I'm getting 200 ping in nearly every server.
I've been using Razer Game Booster as some steam forums suggest, but it has been little to no help to me.
Anyone have any ideas? Right now TF2 is almost becoming unplayable to me.

Update:

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
October 29, 2013 - TF2 Team

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
Scream Fortress 2013 has arrived
Help settle the score in one of the longest running feuds in Mann history
Comic and additional information available on the website (http://www.teamfortress.com/bazbobarrabus)
Scream Fortress 2013 runs until Nov 11, 2013
Added New Halloween Map Helltower
Equip a spell book and cast spells against your enemies
Spells can be found by pushing the cart, killing enemies and during the Witching hour
The Clocktower contains powerful magic during the Witching hour
Win the race to start mega healed in the final battle for your prize
Granting Spellbook Magazine to all players who launch TF2 during Scream Fortress
Added over 100 Halloween tagged items from the TF2 Steam workshop
Added Spooky Crate and Spooky Key to drop list and Mann co Store respectively
Added class Transmogrifier's to covert Scream Fortress 2013 items of one type to another
Added item Enchantment: Eternaween
Enabled Halloween event maps in quick play
Enabled Halloween gifts on Halloween event maps
Enabled Halloween Spell Potions
Enabled Mann Vs Machine event map Wave 666 in bootcamp
Enabled Halloween themed Unusual Effects to be found from Mann Co Supply Crates
Haunted Quality Items can now be listed on the Steam Market place
Map : Ghost Fort
Lowered Merasmus's base health
Weapon Changes
Medic's Crusader Crossbow now silently reloads when unholstered, similar to Pyro flaregun
Fixed the charge rate for the Bazaar Bargain when the player has 0 heads
In PvP Medics can now see the clip status of a patient’s active weapon
Item Fixes
Updated The Air Raider so it can be painted correctly
Updated The Bone Dome so it doesn't hide Pyro backpack
Strange Part: Kills While Ubercharged can no longer be applied to Strange Equalizers and Escape Plans
Fixed the backpack panel using the wrong "drop_sound" when items are moved around
Virtual Reality changes
Improved readability of the UI in VR
Removed the IPD calibration tool. TF2 will now obey the Oculus configuration file. Use the Oculus calibration tool in your SDK or install and run "OpenVR" under Tools in Steam to calibrate your IPD.
Added dropdown to enable VR mode in the Video options. Removed the -vr command line option.
Added the ability to switch in and out of VR mode without quitting the game
By default VR mode will run full screen. To switch back to a borderless window set the vr_force_windowed convar.
Added support for VR mode on Linux
Misc Bug Fixes
Fixed an exploit that allowed unlimited uses of noisemaker items
Fixed not being able to earn the Brotherhood of Steel achievement in MvM (play with 5 friends)
Fixed the camera target not always being visible when using the replay editor
Removed some servers that forged player counts from quickplay and the server browser

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So a Halloween version of Hightower? I am ok with this.

Medic's Crusader Crossbow now silently reloads when unholstered, similar to Pyro flaregun
In PvP Medics can now see the clip status of a patient’s active weapon
Fixed the camera target not always being visible when using the replay editor
:OOOOO

KarmaCow

The double gut punch of it being a recycled map and that map being Hightower. Why you do this Valve?

Being able to see your target's ammo clip as a Medic is pretty sweet though.

Top Bottom