• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

for clive

qJusBVU.jpg

commissar

Does anyone get decent minimum fps* on TF2?

Played it at 1080p on an i5 2500k and a 2gb 6950 and fps varied from 29 - 300. Seriously :|

So any reassurance that PC is just fucked in general? I'm pricing up parts for my own new build but would be pretty disappointed to still have to run a maxfps config.

*ie min. 150

Alienups

Played it at 1080p on an i5 2500k and a 2gb 6950 and fps varied from 29 - 300. Seriously :|

So any reassurance that PC is just fucked in general? I'm pricing up parts for my own new build but would be pretty disappointed to still have to run a maxfps config.

*ie min. 150

If you want stable 150+ all the time you might still have to use something like Dx9 frames which doesnt completely ruin the look of the game. TF2 aint the best optimized game and it's very CPU limited.

*ie min. 150

I have similar specs for my PC and I have my fps locked to 120. Just go here and use a config: http://clugu.com/tf2mate/

There's going to be a new Meet Your Makers with the TF2 Team being one of the interviewees. It's just that it's taking them 3-4 months to answer the questions lol

Alienups

Looks like ESEA might be dropping TF2 in NA but some high profile individuals from the comp scene are at Valve HQ atm for "talks"

interesting times

Blizzard

Banned
javaman was right, quick fix is the true love
haste.gif
It takes a skilled and patient soldier/demo to properly bring the medic along though.

I did finally discover how to enjoy medic on hightower: Play vaccinator, preferably with the other item that gives you faster charge rate. People will still jump away, but at least you can provide useful shields each life instead of dying before uber every time.

mvtn

'Allo!

First time posting here, so let's start with a question - competitive is coming, but how many of TF2GAF players are playing 6s or HL right now?

mvtn

I really well into 6s until ... 2012. I didn't realise it had been so long :'(

ESEA that is, right?

I've tried competitive for 2 seasons, mostly Pyro and Scout. It was a good experience, but looking for a stable team in lower divisions is rather unreal task.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Played both 6s and 9v9 in UGC when friends have asked me to join but have never actively searched for a team despite being a big fan of comp TF2. My most recent experience was playing Scout for a HL team last year.

Honestly, I don't have the patience to pug or join a team unless they're already people I know and like, lol. And since most of my friends list has moved onto other games or have zero interest in competitive... :(

Hopefully matchmaking brings some interest back into TF2. GAF HL pugs were good times, would love to have something similar return.

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Thanks for the birfday wishes!

Capthatpoint will ride again! Probably this summer. TF2 and maybe Unreal Tournament 2k4. I'm also working on getting a dedicated CaH server setup sooner than later.

And how about that Overwatch video?

--SpaceB0y (sent from somewhere doing something with something else)

Yeef

Thanks for the birfday wishes!

Capthatpoint will ride again! Probably this summer. TF2 and maybe Unreal Tournament 2k4. I'm also working on getting a dedicated CaH server setup sooner than later.

And how about that Overwatch video?

--SpaceB0y (sent from somewhere doing something with something else)
You are your own worst enemy...

You are your own worst enemy.................

(They really need to work on not making the voice clips super-repetitive).

Bluth54

Do enough regulars even play TF2 anymore to make capthepoint worth it? With quickplay defaulting to Valve servers you probably need a good number of regular players to get a game going before randoms start joining.

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Do enough regulars even play TF2 anymore to make capthepoint worth it? With quickplay defaulting to Valve servers you probably need a good number of regular players to get a game going before randoms start joining.

Well, I've considered that a lot. On one hand, statistically speaking, TF2 is pretty active still. On the other hand, if we were to anecdotally base TF2 activity off of this thread (or major updates, or even my Steam Friends list), I would say that it is fading, if not dying.

From what I can recall about the Capthatpoint server, big updates (though they are few and far between these days) made the server busy. Halloween events usually populated it as well. I would like to define "busy" as some weeknights being near maximum capacity, and reaching maximum capacity on weekends.

I've noticed that servers with established communities (Starz, Critsandvich, etc) are usually pretty filled on weeknights, and definitely on weekends. So, I'd like to give it another (and better) shot at making it a good community server. Obviously it would require more than just setting up a server and waiting, but getting community involved and advertising.

Those last two things mentioned above are what I didn't really excel at with the first attempt at the server. I think initial buzz about the server faded away, people who wanted to help got distracted or busy (as will usually happen, I'm not blaming anyone by any means). So community participation dwindled, and that seems to be pretty necessary for a actively populated server.

I'm banking a bit on more TF2 updates (Mannpower, Competitive, etc) to be more refined and consistent, but I'd also like to maybe host another type of game such as UT2K4 (which is admittedly even older than TF2) plus get the Cards Against Humanity website working. I think these would be good initial steps, by giving options (not too many).

TL;DR - I'm gonna try again, but do things better and hope that it works.

--SpaceB0y

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'm banking a bit on more TF2 updates (Mannpower, Competitive, etc) to be more refined and consistent, but I'd also like to maybe host another type of game such as UT2K4 (which is admittedly even older than TF2) plus get the Cards Against Humanity website working. I think these would be good initial steps, by giving options (not too many).

TL;DR - I'm gonna try again, but do things better and hope that it works.

--SpaceB0y

What? Details!

Top Bottom