• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just needed to do 9 tours to get this.

I548LBr.jpg

TxdoHawk

Mannpower is grest, especially now that Vampire has gotten a decent nerf.

The only real problem are the dickheads that stack teams, cap 9 times, then spawn camp the losing team forever because HURR HURR SO FUNNAY. But there are enough servers running to just hop out and go somewhere else.

Loch n Load has steadily become TF2's latest and greatest cancer. Anytime I see another demo on a server he's inevitably running around with the LnL and some sort of shield.

So Valve releases the crate with the Strange AWPer, which sells for 2 buds, so I go and hoard the crates via begging on pubs. I finally get enough to do an unboxing, and then I check the price and see that the AWPer price has dropped to 2-3 keys. I open a couple anyways, and both of them drop Winger strangifier.

I'll get something valuable someday.

The kvetching about skill-based matchmaking is odd seeing as how we don't even know when TF2 will get it.

SMNC technically has skill-based matchmaking, but it was always pretty dysfunctional, even before the player-base dropped to about three people and the whole thing became meaningless anyway. I think that's why they were criticizing it.

commissar

??? Battlefield 2 came out and was awesome.

srsly though the Brotherhood of Arms feature set was basically what BF2 ended up being

Bluth54

If you guys haven't seen Live and Let Spy yet check it out, it's an amazing high quality 20 minute TF2 SFM video. I honestly liked it better then End of the Line and would love to see Valve either hire this guy or do a community update based on a future video with him.

Bluth54

Only so much you can say about an eight-year old multiplayer-only game.

If Valve still released a decent amount of major updates I imagine this topic would be more active.

It's kinda sad really. TF2 is being played by more people then ever before yet Valve is doing less major updates then ever before. They are being rewarded for doing less work then they have in the past.

I just hope that part of the reason we haven't gotten any major updates recently is because they are working hard on porting TF2 to Source 2.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If Valve still released a decent amount of major updates I imagine this topic would be more active.

It's kinda sad really. TF2 is being played by more people then ever before yet Valve is doing less major updates then ever before. They are being rewarded for doing less work then they have in the past.

I just hope that part of the reason we haven't gotten any major updates recently is because they are working hard on porting TF2 to Source 2.
Yeah but its like kids and stuff on insta respawn 2fort
Everyone went to play dota and dota probably makes like 20x TF2

Wow at that Loadout part. I checked Steam stats and it didn't even chart. To think me and my buddies were playing the game just last year.

If you guys haven't seen Live and Let Spy yet check it out, it's an amazing high quality 20 minute TF2 SFM video. I honestly liked it better then End of the Line and would love to see Valve either hire this guy or do a community update based on a future video with him.

It was good, but I think it was a bit too goofy. In particular, I don't really like it when people try to turn the in-game voice commands into actual conversations; I'm not the biggest fan of EotL, but it did a good job of having humor without the voices. Hell, I even prefer videos where the creators (attempt to) voice the characters themselves.

My favorite SFM videos (that I've seen, anyways) MvM Wars (and its sequel) and Red Zone.

Bluth54

Makani (who does the art for the TF2 comics) on her Tumbler that the plan is for the next comic to be out in May or June, and the picture she posted shows that we're actually going to be getting at least 7 issues instead of 6.

Anyone want to take any guesses on how long it will be until we get the last issue of the comic?

Top Bottom