• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

I never thought I'd see the day Valve would fix the Jag. This has truly been a Smissmas miracle.

Also, I'm interested in seeing how much damage charging the Quickie Bomb Launcher does because I loved using that when it first came out and they didn't have falloff damage on it until they patched it. As it stands, I hardly ever see anyone using it now.

Looks like a great update. Always happen to have a new reason to boot up TF2 and add to me 2999 hours, though I don't think I ever need one. It's TF2; that's reason enough.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
surprise.gif

Updates???

Oreoleo

Wow... this is pretty awesome! When was the last time we got an update with this kind of meaningful content? Well over a year, right? Maybe even two?

Buuuuut Loch N Load QQ
why nerf

why

Oreoleo

It was still broken, because it one-shotted 125 hp classes - including Demo's hard counter.

This is the first time it's actually been balanced.

I kinda disagree. Don't really feel like arguing about it though, I only used LnL to fuck around anyway.

Heavy and Black Box got buffs though so that's what I'll be using 90% of the time. I'm just pumped that there is finally, at long fucking last something that gives me a reason to boot the game up again.

Javaman

Sounds ok apart from weapon skins. :eek:P and "Added Penalty of 66% decreased uber build rate while healing a overhealed patient" :eek:PP

People are so going to cheese those contracts just like they did with class achievements to unlock weapons.

Blizzard

Banned
*laughs*

So many buffs in general, can't wait to try it out.

Except BFB and LnL, fuck those weapons. :)
What do you think will be the most significant changes? I really like the candy bar for the heavy. At last I can feed teammates!

*edit* I kind of wish they hadn't added paid operations like CSGO. I wish there were some way to unlock them by playing too, but I'm living in the past and of course the game is free now, so the model is different.

Blizzard

Banned
Gonna buy it for the cases and make it back just like in CS!
I've heard this advice for CSGO, and I may actually try it for TF2.

My understanding is it mostly only works if you happen to get a crate drop early and everyone is buying it high early. With TF2 being free everyone else may have the same idea though.

Why do you say not to buy it for the skins -- because you'd need to buy keys to unlock crates?

Sianos

highlight of the night was shooting a sniping zeke dead with the letranger, making fun of his razorback, and then hiding and stabbing him when he came back to the same spot without the razorback

dac15_stab.gif

Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%

Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%

Baroni9

Super fun tonight! Just like old times.

Those Dead Ringer changes are extensive. I'm sure that will make a lot of people happy.

Rivitur

Banned
Gonna buy it for the cases and make it back just like in CS!
The problem with this is that the same cases drop for people without the pass, so rather than losing the 6 and being in the hole if you don't buy it then get the drop you'll be positive.

Blizzard

Banned
The problem with this is that the same cases drop for people without the pass, so rather than losing the 6 and being in the hole if you don't buy it then get the drop you'll be positive.
Ouch, I didn't realize that. Presumably that means the cases will sell for much less than CSGO cases immediately after release?

Xizk

Ima be aiight. Will be fun to have an excuse to play some TF2 again and I bet I will get something worth the pass to drop.

Rivitur

Banned
Ouch, I didn't realize that. Presumably that means the cases will sell for much less than CSGO cases immediately after release?
No, the same was with csgo. Falchion cases dropped for people without the passes the same day. They were around $20 for the first hour then dropped to about ~$10 two hours later.

The cases will still drop randomly so the first day they will be in high demand ($10+) after the first week they should drop at least $5. All depends on the market.

Is there much of a TF2 community left on GAF? Recently got back in to the game. Would be interested in playing with people who want to work together rather than just randoms.

Oreoleo

Is there much of a TF2 community left on GAF? Recently got back in to the game. Would be interested in playing with people who want to work together rather than just randoms.

If you want to play with us your best bet would be to friend some people on Steam like Spaceboy Javaman or Zeke who still play semi-regularly and will get some of the others to join if we see them in a server.

OR join our Steam groups

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2
and
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/capthatpoint-steam

and hopefully if we all start to get back in the swing of things with the update, some events will go out if we all hop in Spaceboy's server or something. Zeke said he "forgot that was a thing" ^^^ but I was always pretty diligent about putting events out if we were playing together. It used to be you could practically set your watch to it, every night around 9pm Eastern an event would go out and we'd fill a server for 2-4 hours. Those were the days!

I just realized, the best thing about this update is that all of the new skins are for stock weapons. People will have to go back to stock TF2 to have fancy looking guns!

damn really? my 2009 laptop could run TF2 @ 1080p and close to 60.

It's not 2009 anymore, though. If you're just staring at a wall or running around by yourself, the FPS goes pretty high. But once you add in hundreds of hats with particle effects, no LOD models, and for quite a while most weapons didn't (or probably still don't) have LOD models, the framerate completely falls apart. Configs can increase your max FPS, but you'll still drop below 60 in bigger fights due to the sheer amount of unoptimized crap onscreen.

It's not 2009 anymore, though. If you're just staring at a wall or running around by yourself, the FPS goes pretty high. But once you add in hundreds of hats with particle effects, no LOD models, and for quite a while most weapons didn't (or probably still don't) have LOD models, the framerate completely falls apart. Configs can increase your max FPS, but you'll still drop below 60 in bigger fights due to the sheer amount of unoptimized crap onscreen.

I see I see. Yea I can see how that can be a problem.

Blizzard

Banned
I logged on all excited and discovered the update's wasn't out at 12 PDT. I may be gone tonight and miss the case-selling window. T_T

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
You can shoot dropped ammo boxes around! Praise be.

But you can no longer push yourself during the pre-round freeze with explosions?? That's gonna add some seconds to rollouts. :X

Blizzard

Banned
You can shoot dropped ammo boxes around! Praise be.

But you can no longer push yourself during the pre-round freeze with explosions?? That's gonna add some seconds to rollouts. :X
Maybe that was an intended balance measure! Evil competitive soldiers and demomans are too strong. ;p

Sianos

detonator jumps are indeed higher, one i've already seen is jumping from floor to balcony of the gorge lobby preceding the atrium in one bound

fire.gif

Top Bottom