• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
detonator jumps are indeed higher, one i've already seen is jumping from floor to balcony of the gorge lobby preceding the atrium in one bound

fire.gif
Detonator was pretty awful before so I welcome this.

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Yeah, I was buried under work all week, but that's over now. And I JUST found out about the TF2 update, which is impressive! Weapons! Balancing! Weapon skins???

So anyways, I'll get that server back up and running shortly. Definitely/probably/hopefully this weekend, for sure/kinda/realz.

Blizzard

Banned
"The Mann Co store is currently closed."

How the shit am I supposed to buy this thing?!
I had the same problem and had to keep retrying. Game servers lose their connection to the item server, even once you have a contract it doesn't update, and sometimes the contract doesn't activate (every time thus far for me) even though it plays the countdown and sound.

I'll maybe try it tonight once the servers are working.

Yeah, I was buried under work all week, but that's over now. And I JUST found out about the TF2 update, which is impressive! Weapons! Balancing! Weapon skins???

So anyways, I'll get that server back up and running shortly. Definitely/probably/hopefully this weekend, for sure/kinda/realz.
I think only Valve servers work for the contracts, if that's an issue.

Oreoleo

I had the same problem and had to keep retrying. Game servers lose their connection to the item server, even once you have a contract it doesn't update, and sometimes the contract doesn't activate (every time thus far for me) even though it plays the countdown and sound.

I'll maybe try it tonight once the servers are working.

I think only Valve servers work for the contracts, if that's an issue.

It eventually worked for me, but it took like a half hour. Now I'm running into the issue of the contract not tracking my points and stuff. It says press X to turn in contract, I do that and it pulls up the normal contract window and I have no idea what to do from there.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I'll be waiting

6Jx1c8G.jpg

not my actual picture

MayMay

Banned
I used this update as a reason to jump back into TF2 because I basically didnt touch the game ever since I got hooked on CS:GO a looong time ago.

So in preparation for the Competitive Matchmaking that they'll add in a future update (and that I'll definitely play alot of) I decided to get gud again :3

So, uh. Just wanted to say hi!

Y'all better not be as toxic as all the people in CSGAF :^)

If anyone wants to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/eziocroft/ - I'm EU but it really doesn't matter. Ill play with everyone, I'm used to NA ping from CSGO and ping should have less of an impact in TF2 anyways.

Sajjaja

I used this update as a reason to jump back into TF2 because I basically didnt touch the game ever since I got hooked on CS:GO a looong time ago.

So in preparation for the Competitive Matchmaking that they'll add in a future update (and that I'll definitely play alot of) I decided to get gud again :3

So, uh. Just wanted to say hi!

Y'all better not be as toxic as all the people in CSGAF :^)

If anyone wants to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/eziocroft/ - I'm EU but it really doesn't matter. Ill play with everyone, I'm used to NA ping from CSGO and ping should have less of an impact in TF2 anyways.
You're the source of all toxicity. This is a place of safety. We don't take too kindly to your kind round here.

Haven't played this game in a while, though it's still my most played game on Steam. Time to get back in, especially with matchmaking on the horizon.

Blizzard

Banned
Once you finish your contracts, is there anything you can do for drops / the coin until the next week? It would suck if your first two drops are like 50 cents, and then you don't have a chance to get something valuable until the next week to pay back the operation.

Sianos

playing with you cool janks and jankettes was fun, good times were had on exciting new maps

black box doesn't seem to be terribly impacted either <3

Oreoleo

Yeah, I figured haha. But who knows - that might change as soon as the competitive mode gets added :p

Yeah it'll certainly be interesting to see how adding a rank or number next to our name in game will effect people's dispositions. Most of us have dipped our toes into ESEA or whatever comp league in the past though (along with doing in-house Highlander 9v9 on a weekly basis, for a time), and barring a personality clash here or there it's gone pretty well. Unlike the GAF communities for CSGO and Dota, a lot of us have been playing together for 5-7 years now (case in point, this OT4 thread is over 3 years old) and have gotten a feel for how we play and who'd we want on a team in that kind of situation.

Blizzard

Banned
The vitasaw is bugged right now. I tested a couple of times and I'm 99% positive that I died with 28% charge and spawned with 0% charge.

Oreoleo

I noticed one of my TF2 replay vids from a few years ago is over 1000 views now. Does anyone know/remember how to get the view counter to update in game so I can get mah achievement? QQ

Blizzard

Banned
I'm crying over that Powerjack nerf. It's the only balance change that makes absolutely no sense.
What confuses me is that there were detailed patch notes, but they don't mention the powerjack being changed at all. Was it a mistake?

The wiki mentions "Reduced health gained on kill from +75hp to +25hp" but doesn't even call it undocumented like some other change(s).

*edit* Apparently it was from a second patch with missing patch notes or something:
Fixed a bug that prevented some clients from updating their contract progress
Fixed a bug where The Family Business was firing slower than it was supposed to

Notes missed from the previous update:

Power Jack
Reduced health gained on kill from +75hp to +25hp
Cozy Camper
Removed increased damage taken penalty
Rescue Ranger
Decreased cost of long range building pick up from 130 metal to 100 metal
Spy-cicle (previous note was incorrect)
Changed fire immunity for 3 seconds to fire immunity for 1 second and 10 seconds of afterburn immunity

commissar

There's no valve servers via the server browser at all, perhaps the ones you found arent updated yet. They're still listed in the steam server browser, but that has less features (teamsize/blacklist) and requires launching the game, so you can miss out on a 23/24 server spot. 32 player/idle/trade stuff might be mitigated if I add *all* decent servers to my favourites, I guess :|

Meanwhile the quickplay (lol) is quite frankly a clusterfuck which gives far less choice for way more interface navigation and server polling. This is lame :(

Blizzard

Banned
There's no valve servers via the server browser at all, perhaps the ones you found arent updated yet. They're still listed in the steam server browser, but that has less features (teamsize/blacklist) and requires launching the game, so you can miss out on a 23/24 server spot. 32 player/idle/trade stuff might be mitigated if I add *all* decent servers to my favourites, I guess :|

Meanwhile the quickplay (lol) is quite frankly a clusterfuck which gives far less choice for way more interface navigation and server polling. This is lame :(
The quickplay doesn't seem to let you sort by ping which is really weird. The older server interface is powerful.

Oreoleo

I just got home from July4th stuff, anyone up for some late evening shenanigans?

edit- OMG a new contract! I thought these only updated weekly?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Contracts are weekly? Damn, I've done the three already, I was hoping for them to pop up more often.

Feels good to play tf2 again after such a long time.

MayMay

Banned
Kinda lame, my third contract not only gave me a duplicate skin but also did not count towards my coin progress. Still says that I've only completed 2 contracts. Ah well. It worked for other people so it's probably just a small bug.

Hope they fix it, but if they don't I don't really care if I can still get my gold coin at the end.

Sparse

Got the third. Did the third. Got a crate. Sold the crate. Doubled mah monay.

Kinda lame, my third contract not only gave me a duplicate skin but also did not count towards my coin progress. Still says that I've only completed 2 contracts. Ah well. It worked for other people so it's probably just a small bug.

Hope they fix it, but if they don't I don't really care if I can still get my gold coin at the end.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. :/

commissar

Thinking about the removal (and temporary restoration) of Valve servers to the server browser - seems likely Valve would be trying to balance servers with the class specific contracts, right?

So you'd have class balanced teams of people grinding their own contracts. A pretty big win for the player experience (if they make quickplay any good :V )

Yeef

I got Soldier, Demo and Medic contracts. Obviously the most important classes. (All of my teams were half-snipers and spies).

Haven't played TF2 in years so I used this update as an excuse to jump back in. I haven't played CS:GO since they started adding skins and what not so TF:GO is kinda new to me and, honestly, it was kind of a cluster fuck.

I didn't take the whole thing too seriously, valve servers have always kind of been a gongshow since they were added but the class contracts really seemed to put the game out of whack. It felt like a class update, free weekend or when the game first went free-to-play with how heavily loaded one team would be with a specific class or two. The new (to me) community maps are fun, I really like the KOTH map, it's a pretty fun sniper/scout map. While the contracts are kind of a neat idea they fuck up the class balance of the team and negatively impact the quality of a match in ways I can't imagine it negatively impacting CS. I haven't played GO Hat Edition, so what do I know. The rewards for completing the contracts--weapon skins--seems kind of lame compared to straight up strange weapons. It's just more visual noise in a game that's now filled with it but I'm basically the TF2 equivalent to a WoW crank going on about how vanilla was the best and you kids should get off my lawn.

I'll play it for a bit more, try to get my money's worth out of the campaign but I just see myself uninstalling this once it's over. The game feels kind of done, for me anyways, has for a while now. Most of the people I used to play with have moved on to other games.

Top Bottom