• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Oreoleo

174595_o.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
in b4 Kuro rant

yeah, pro heavy there. GG

I've already spoken to the people who need speaking too.

They did well in the beginning, but progressively got worse.

I will say their other pyro was ace tonight. Good airblasting the ubers away and good job protecting the engie. The other demo messed the team up good with the kritz. The spy took kirsten's innocence away, I believe :(

Kirsten

2-0 visiting team. I'll go into details later if no one else post it.

I feel super bad about dropping those two or three ubers the first round. I think if we were able to actually use them we could have actually pushed the cart in and finished the round. I mean we still would have probably lost...but still.

Losing sucks.

I feel super bad about dropping those two or three ubers the first round. I think if we were able to actually use them we could have actually pushed the cart in and finished the round. I mean we still would have probably lost...but still.

Losing sucks.

Honestly, the losing was a team effort, not your fault. I missed headshots I shouldn't have and had I gotten just a few extra it could have made some significant differences.

You guys need to medic your medic more. From what it seem, Kirsten took out her Syringe gun most of the time when ever a enemy approached her, and even so when she was healing a heavy, etc. Not sure what the real reason was, but it seem she wasn't getting protected.

Kirsten, the uber you had dropped, use it or lose it. Also I was told this before while playing as a medic, don't run past the person you are healing because you might be taking a rocket that wasn't meant for you. Sometimes I try to rush upstairs then I have to remember to back off a bit because you don't know what is up there. You also need to prioritize on who you need to be healing at the point in time. Usually the person attacking and taking hits.

In any case, you will get them next time.

Blizzard

Banned
yeah, pro heavy there. GG

I've already spoken to the people who need speaking too.

They did well in the beginning, but progressively got worse.

I will say their other pyro was ace tonight. Good airblasting the ubers away and good job protecting the engie. The other demo messed the team up good with the kritz. The spy took kirsten's innocence away, I believe :(
I thought I was bad at complaining all the time, but Kuro criticized and complained at people virtually nonstop all match long in SourceTV. It was kind of crazy.

The best part was when he was like, "Why is fallengorn the only one calling anyone out?!" and we had to explain that everyone besides fallengorn was using Mumble to coordinate rather than ingame chat. :p

Dog is a terrible motivator.
"Well if it makes you feel better for losing guys, there's no medal this season, so it's not like we're playing for anything anyway"

*chorus of people saying they quit here* XD

I swear no one could hear me over the mic when I was alt-tabbed into TF2. I distinctly remember calling things only to have someone else call it again with a surprised tone 3-5 seconds later.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How do you not protect the medic. Jesus.
The medic is the entire match.

If the medic is not playing like each death is the match then that is also bad.

Also how do you get SourceTV to work

Javaman

How do you not protect the medic. Jesus.
The medic is the entire match.

If the medic is not playing like each death is the match then that is also bad.

Also how do you get SourceTV to work

Welcome to the GAF server. That's why I always run with the bust and bluts, lots of people here get tunnel vision while being healed and us medics have to defend ourselves.

DogWelder

Wow, got punked in a pug, couldn't track scouts as heavy, went on tilt and bottom fragged on swiftwater. Confidence, shot. I was first pick, too. T_T

Time to stop TF2 for a while.

AcciDante

Totally forgot about the best part of the highlander match. At one point, Kirsten popped uber on dogwelder, and then a cloaked enemy spy just stood in the doorway blocking Kirsten and separating the uber. That shit was awesome. Someone find it and make a video!

Kirsten

Totally forgot about the best part of the highlander match. At one point, Kirsten popped uber on dogwelder, and then a cloaked enemy spy just stood in the doorway blocking Kirsten and separating the uber. That shit was awesome. Someone find it and make a video!

omg...that was really really awful. I was worried for a second you were all going to hear me screaming like a maniac in the replay but then I realized that was on mumble and I am safe. No one recorded that right? haha

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I was bad at complaining all the time, but Kuro criticized and complained at people virtually nonstop all match long in SourceTV. It was kind of crazy.

The best part was when he was like, "Why is fallengorn the only one calling anyone out?!" and we had to explain that everyone besides fallengorn was using Mumble to coordinate rather than ingame chat. :p

Cause they didn't protect Med, which others have already echoed here.
Cause Pyro wasn't protecting engie or Med.
Cause Fallen was calling but nobody listened anyways.
There were at least three times their kritz caught the team by surprise.
Cause you don't know what you're talking about.

And I was only speccing Kirsten so anything I was complaining about she saw and didn't think there was a problem with but god damn did the team leave her out to dry...well...cept for that one part she tried to attack the entire team herself.
:p

And dougie you playing too much. Gotta take a break ya nub.

thefro

My postmortem:

- First round we stalled out a lot on offense and couldn't cap D, then got blitzkrieged on defense. Nothing we really could do once they got rolling. 2nd round was a lot more even and we did okay on A & C on offense but we couldn't finish the push into their last area.

- I definitely still screwed up a lot, but I thought I did improve from my performance in the 2 scrims we had before. The biggest errors I made were 1) moving the sentry above B on the 2nd round right as they started to make a push and 2) switching loadouts to try to get a level 3 up on offense which destroyed my teleporter. I think if I just had manually switched to the normal wrench my teles would have stayed up. I should know the details on how that all works by now. On offense I probably would have been better off hanging back a little bit more and then only dropping mini-sentries in aggressive spots as we were making a push. I probably should have dropped a tele exit behind B on defense on the 2nd round but we were really scrambling there.

- In general, we needed to do a better job of communicating. I heard a lot of "They've got X up, they're pushing!" or "push now" not a lot of locations or where everyone was at. I certainly should have called out where I was building at and some other stuff. I didn't feel like I had a good idea on what was going on or where the other team was, who they had up, etc.

- I don't think our Solider/Demoman were running the Equalizer and the Scout was off doing who knows what. Generally we needed 4 people to get the 4x on the cart. By the time we would push the cart up to the front line the other team had recovered. We'd generally either have a bunch of people on the cart or one person pushing it.

- They would just roll over my nests instead of having a spy take it out. If I played this team again I'd run Eureka Effect so I could bail out of there and have full health/metal and be closer to the next point. Especially considering I didn't have a pryo with me airblasting the other team and their projectiles away from my sentry (as the other team did so well defending their points).

- Strategy. We probably needed one. I'm not sure how week one was, but we didn't have anyone who was really telling everyone what to do on the fly either. Mainly "wait for uber/kritz".

Blizzard

Banned
With my backpack being constantly full and no one trading me a free backpack extender, I really need to craft the Eureka Effect. I don't think I have one.

The thing that impressed me most last night was the demo on the other team dominating 7/9 of the GAF team at one point. I think it was pure kritz on offense and defense as well. Someone mentioned they had some kind of crazy high mouse sensitivity, and I wonder if that's helpful for demo stuff.

- I don't think our Solider/Demoman were running the Equalizer and the Scout was off doing who knows what. Generally we needed 4 people to get the 4x on the cart. By the time we would push the cart up to the front line the other team had recovered. We'd generally either have a bunch of people on the cart or one person pushing it.
The scout was hanging out in scout heaven. All the time.

And that what you get for leaving the server on barnblitz all day...demo file is huge and 7 hours long.

If anyone is interested, it is at tick: 1634000

moments before the spy block.

Haha, man. This reminds me so much of my CS 1.6 days when I joined Cal O with my friends. After the initial rush of playing competitively wore off, I couldn't stand taking my favorite game so seriously.

Sianos

Haha, I never thought of bodyblocking ubers, that's brilliant!

I usually try and pick off key targets involved in the push that aren't being ubered (ex. get some unnoticed quick stabs on the Heavy and Sniper while they push with the Demo uber) , but perhaps if our Pyro is dead I could stall them or even force them to waste the entire uber.

Blizzard

Banned
You can block the medic with any class if the ubered class isn't smart enough to kill the blocker (and of course with a pyro, it can take 5 seconds or so to attempt to get bullets to register so the uber will be pretty much gone).

Bonk drink scout is another nice way to do it. Sadly the days of sandman stunning ubers are gone. :(

Clydefrog

You can block the medic with any class if the ubered class isn't smart enough to kill the blocker (and of course with a pyro, it can take 5 seconds or so to attempt to get bullets to register so the uber will be pretty much gone).

Bonk drink scout is another nice way to do it. Sadly the days of sandman stunning ubers are gone. :(

Huntsman stab still stuns ubers :)

Top Bottom