• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

day 1 bby
Me too!

Leaked screen shot:
90sT0.jpg

Alienups

this is something i don't understand. i thought the forerunners had been dead/extinct for a long long time

They built several installations designed to keep them safe when they fired the Halo array and the fate of some of their leaders is unclear. The rumoured (it would be surprising if he's not tbh) antagonist is the Didact, the commander of the Forerunner Military during their war against the Flood. He probably survived in Stasis and woke up when the Forward Unto Down carrying the Chief and Cortana crashed on Requiem.

He doesn't exactly like humans since he faced us before in the Human - Forerunner war that took place before (or maybe during) the Flood - Forerunner one.

Man, my longest post ever and it's about Halo in a TF2 thread

Oreoleo

He doesn't exactly like humans since he faced us before in the Human - Forerunner war that took place before (or maybe during) the Flood - Forerunner one.

I had no idea that was a thing that even happened. Thanks for the info.

Also I haven't played Halo 1 so I probably have some other serious gaps of information but whatevs.

Sianos

It'd be interesting if Yeef could add some sort of magic plugin that counts how many times you've shot/swung a weapon versus how many times you got a kill or did damage.

Bluth54

I had hopes that Volcanic would be good since it won the Dynamic Payload contest but in the end I was pretty disappointed with it, and the entire Dynamic Payload contest. So many disapointing payload and payload race maps, none of them match up to the quality of maps like Cashworks, Swiftwater, Boundary or Panic (and none worthy of being made official like those four imo).

AcciDante

I was messing around with scripts and used a rapid fire stickies macro that uses the wait command.

Was banned for "cheating"... first time I've ever used it.
You're lucky I wasn't there. I would've banned you in a heartbeat and loved it.

Also, fuck you guys for having drama while I was away. I love drama.

Sianos

The best part of pl_volcanic was using the Dead Ringer to escape through the lava.

At one point Dougie caught on to my plan and chased me all the way across the map, directly though a large lava moat at one point. Burning to death, he finally caught me cornered at blue's first spawn.

That's TRUE Pyro dedication.

Oreoleo

The best part of pl_volcanic was using the Dead Ringer to escape through the lava.

At one point Dougie caught on to my plan and chased me all the way across the map, directly though a large lava moat at one point. Burning to death, he finally caught me cornered at blue's first spawn.

That's TRUE Pyro dedication.

It didn't dawn on me until there was about 30 seconds left in the map that pyros could go across the lava pretty much unscathed. That map is super dumb.

Bluth54

I really love cashworks. What a great map.

Yeah I really love Cashworks too. I'm actually fairly surprised that it hasn't been made official yet (aside from the fact that it seems to be fairly poorly optimized and can cause low FPS on some computers).

In fact, if I had to put money on what community maps will be added to the game at some point I would put most of my money on Cashworks (I would also put some money on Snakewater and Obscure being added at some point).

So, maybe this week will be the week? It's been more then 6 months since last Australian Christmas (which came out December 15th). Sadly I get the feeling that this wont be the last time I have to ask this question before the MtP/MvM update.

Add me as someone who also enjoys Cashworks.

So, maybe this week will be the week? It's been more then 6 months since last Australian Christmas (which came out December 15th). Sadly I get the feeling that this wont be the last time I have to ask this question before the MtP/MvM update.
What's this?

Blizzard

Banned
I like the -idea- of cashworks, but I feel like it's even worse than 5cp maps in that it literally takes what, 30 seconds of holding in W to get to the point you're trying to defend once the second point goes down? There might be another section of the map like that too. Teleporters are key etc., but it's still just a huge distance that I don't recall being matched in nearly any other map.

Alienups

I was trying!

You were alright. But there are others who pretty much ignored every call i made.

Hint: i only say spy when i have visual or physical confirmation of one. And i use incoming when i'm being pressured or if there's someone closing in on me.

And boney jumping away when i kritzed him, smh

And i don't know who afro is but he's a good demo, and he kept an eye out for me. Well done.

More soldiers and demo's on the jank need to damage themselves when running to the front with me, just smack a rocket or sticky into a wall. It really helps and can sometimes help you win the game.

Blizzard

Banned
Through 30 long years of playing medic and becoming a pro, I have learned the One Truth of medic, which is that if you ever attempt to heal/uber/kritz a soldier, they will immediately rocket jump onto a nearby building and leave you to die.

Through 30 long years of playing medic and becoming a pro, I have learned the One Truth of medic, which is that if you ever attempt to heal/uber/kritz a soldier, they will immediately rocket jump onto a nearby building and leave you to die.
Thankfully this doesn't happen as much as I dread it will. And if it does happen, sometimes they're still near enough for us to be connected. That or I'll just switch to someone else that happens to be nearby.

Speaking of, I definitely need to look up some beam skins for the Medic. I hate when the beam goes invisible.

EDIT: RAINBOW BEAM!

DogWelder

Roster for tonight:

Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: fallengorn
Demoman: wartime**
Heavy: me
Medic: Kirsten
Pyro: sixghost
Engineer: thefro**
Sniper: Soka
Spy: SolidSnake

**Have not confirmed their ability to make tonight's match directly to me. Backups for those positions, be ready in case. Be in the server by 9:20 PM. Password will be godwelder. Source TV is enabled for those who want to watch.

Blizzard

Banned
Roster for tonight:

Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: fallengorn
Demoman: wartime**
Heavy: me
Medic: Kirsten
Pyro: sixghost
Engineer: thefro**
Sniper: Soka
Spy: SolidSnake

**Have not confirmed their ability to make tonight's match directly to me. Backups for those positions, be ready in case. Be in the server by 9:20 PM. Password will be godwelder. Source TV is enabled for those who want to watch.
I should be back by 9:20 in case you need me to simultaneously play both backup roles or something.

Everyone else, good luck! If you can build a big wrangled sentry and Kirsten is awesome on barnblitz like the other day with uber, you should be good.

Top Bottom