• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Forkball

It seems that the cheese wheel, capacitor, and diary are somewhat rare. I've been running my idler all night and don't have any of them, but I do have three planks, four lint, and four bananas. I also have a goldfish in my main account.

Alienups

Looks like the new item drops with the regular stuff you get.

Yup, fired up three new idlers last night and they're overflowing with the new crap

also got a Surgeon's Stalhelm, happy face

Edit: TFidle doesn't show drops anymore though, pretty annoying. Had to check backpack to see if i got anything.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I go occasionally, but not a big fan. Especially since I can't surf, swim, etc. Also sharp rock sometimes that cut your foot.
Wat?! You live in Hawaii and can't swim?! Surf, I understand...but swim?! Maybe take a break from tf2 and learn, bro. I see you on an awful lot tearing it up with your pro ping and chasing people down ans over extending when you should retreat.

Goddamn coconut head!

(there, happy?)

thefro

I am at least interested in seeing how good/bad they were.

Either [cake] or the other team we played in week 1 will be a good challenge since nobody seems to know vitalism.

We pretty much rolled both of them on Barnblitz in the scrims, but that's probably KSRF's strongest map. We beat [cake] 4-0 in a scrim on Croissant but they almost capped our last point a couple times and it took an epic comeback for us to beat the team we played Week 1 in the actual match on Croissant (granted, they had a ringer spy who was very good that doesn't play with them normally).

Yeef

These junk items make my backpack look so much more festive. Especially the goldfish. It's like some kind of undersea adventure.

Kirsten

Who's interested in a scrim on Thursday for ctf_vitalism? Will be against a team we've rolled before.

If Oreoleo doesn't want to play I could use the confidence boost after Monday :( but he will probably he playing the map next week so it would make more sense for him to play anyway. My post has no real point.

Blizzard

Banned
Who's interested in a scrim on Thursday for ctf_vitalism? Will be against a team we've rolled before.
At what time? If it's late I can probably make it, and it'd be good for me to practice since I assume I'm supposed to play next week.

If Oreoleo doesn't want to play I could use the confidence boost after Monday :( but he will probably he playing the map next week so it would make more sense for him to play anyway. My post has no real point.
You should have said something about Hawaii and you would have fit right in!

Sianos

Once I played it for a bit it started to make sense and I quite enjoyed it as Soldier. You have a lot of freedom to rocket jump and there's a nice mix between indoor and outdoor areas to fight in. Being unable to cap if your opponent has your Intel adds more strategy to the game and forces you to balance offense and defense.

Depending on the time I might be able to play Thursday.

DogWelder

6/25/12
Map: ctf_vitalism_b2

tSr Tunnel Snakes Rule (HOME)
VS
KSRF Kuro Super Rage Friends (AWAY)

Roster:
Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: fallengorn
Pyro: sixghost
Demoman: Zeke
Heavy: Blizzard
Engineer: thefro
Medic: Oreoleo
Sniper: Soka
Spy: NSQuote

Please confirm your availability, senk you.

DogWelder

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOGWELDER, you handsome devil. I love you. YOU DA BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

bCaRw.gif

Blizzard

Banned
6/25/12

VS

Roster:

I can be available that night from 8:30 onwards.

Happy birthday DogWelder.

6/25/12

VS

Roster:

I will be there, but of course if Dante would really like to play instead I am a-okay with passing the slot to him.

Forkball

It downloaded very quickly for me, so maybe the 114MB note is a mistake. No one has found anything yet besides localization files being updated.

Alienups

updated the following bot nav files

2:18 56.89% downloading tf2/orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_dustbowl.ain
2:18 56.89% downloading tf2/orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_gravelpit.ain
2:19 56.89% downloading tf2/orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/ctf_2fort.ain

If its Dog's Birthday, then Happy Birthday DogWelder!

and if we pool some money over to buy Dog a new mic. Like those Clearchat headset.

Oreoleo

Sure. Just don't try and get me to play Sniper this time :mad:

6/25/12

VS

Roster:

I'll know by Friday or Saturday if I can make it.

....and happy birthday or something

Proven

So, two things.

1. I could actually make Monday, but I'm 50/50 on the scrim for tomorrow.

2. Vitalism is small. Like, smaller than Viaduct. To make up for it the mid area is wide as hell.

The map strategy seems to be most similar to Turbine. Hold the center, have one or two people protecting your intel, and then do constant run ins for the enemy intel. If you take the upper middle path into the enemy's base, it's trivially easy to grab it, and then you have three ways back out.

If the intel return times are fast enough (I didn't check), then you can consider just putting a level 3 somewhere in the center, preferably in view of the capture areas. So instead of focusing on the intel being grabbed, you focus on it not being capped, since it'll return itself easily enough anyway. If you instead place it far enough to cover one of the side entrances to the enemy's base, it makes a great fall back point for the Scout to get out from.

Sniper will have either a field day on this map, or an extremely hard time. You can only see about 40% of the map at a time, which is a huge amount, but leaves so much area to be dodged. Part of the reason the map is so small is to allow a faster walking distance to get to the enemy battlements and pressure their Sniper, but it's still not going to be easy.

The side houses remind me of Fastlane. They give a bit of cover, but you can't depend on them. The upper center level seems like the safest place, but also the most chokepointy. I'm not sure if it's worth trying to hold just yet, but since it's a Scout's dream entryway...

Dammit, I just need to do games on this to get more info. All my passive knowledge collection abilities are worth shit when no one's put any info on the map on the internet. Just need to play on it a bunch. I'll be on after 8pm EST to grab a few of you guys for tf2lobby.

Edit: Also I'm an idiot for only realizing now that this Summer 2012 UGC Season is an all custom map list, with the exception of Barnblitz.

Forkball

Some people are saying when you examine all the items they say: "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser." which is a quote from a Sherlock Holmes story.

Some people are saying when you examine all the items they say: "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser." which is a quote from a Sherlock Holmes story.
Hound of the Baskervilles.

The dog was covered in phosphorus in the story and phosphorus is used in matches ZOMG PYRO

Top Bottom