• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

DogWelder

DogWelder can you post an updated roster for Monday pretty please! Some people can't play and I can't keep track. I'd figure it out myself but I'm on my phone.

Oh and who is playing tonight?
Updated roster:

Scout: Snacks
Soldier: fallengorn
Pyro: sixghost
Demoman: Zeke
Heavy: Blizzard
Engineer: thefro
Medic: Oreoleo
Sniper: Soka
Spy: NSQuote

Confirmed for tonight:
Matt
fallengorn
thefro
Kirsten
Oreo
Proven
Solid
Blizzard*

*Time isn't confirmed yet, so I don't know if he'll be available.

That's 7 confirmed, 1 maybe, and we'll be easily be able to pull someone out of the many on our team. But you guys get first dibs since you were kind enough to post!

Proven

I want to do more mini-sentry tests for vitalism!

Get it out of your head that to play a CTF map you have to protect the intel. Vitalism tries to turn CTF on its head by having you protect the cap. You can protect the cap by putting sentries and patrols there, and also by just taking their intel so that the cap zone closes.

Seriously, defense is almost impossible on that map. So instead of hating it, try to play it as intended and then break it from there.

You can put an Engineer and Pyro in the cap zone area with a mini sentry defense, have a Sniper and Spy roaming along the sides, most of the team is in the upper house area preparing an easy push inside, and the Soldier (and maybe the Demo) can jump around to support all three groups easy. The center even has a nice drop down so that you can emergency stop a Scout cap, and you have the high ground, and you can always just walk back into your intel room if you're that worried. Seriously.

Hold the house, hold the cap zone, and you win. Why use the regular old boring strategy for such a crazy map? That's crazy. Too much of TF2 is about doing what's old and familiar.

Blizzard

Banned
Updated roster:

Confirmed for tonight:
Matt
fallengorn
thefro
Kirsten
Oreo
Proven
Solid
Blizzard*

That's 7 confirmed, 1 maybe, and we'll be easily be able to pull someone out of the many on our team. But you guys get first dibs since you were kind enough to post!
I'm confirmed whenever I actually know what time the scrim is. =P

Updated roster:

Confirmed for tonight:
Matt
fallengorn
thefro
Kirsten
Oreo
Proven
Solid
Blizzard*

I'm pretty much certain I'll be around to play.

Sianos

There's ten diaries in existance: definitely sell it now.

COnsidering how few there are I doubt it'll be used for anything important, so cash in now. I suspect this'll be over on 6/22.

COnsidering how few there are I doubt it'll be used for anything important, so cash in now. I suspect this'll be over on 6/22.

Unless they are used at crafting ingredients, but if you don't care about them, cash that shit in.

thefro

I want to do more mini-sentry tests for vitalism!

Get it out of your head that to play a CTF map you have to protect the intel. Vitalism tries to turn CTF on its head by having you protect the cap. You can protect the cap by putting sentries and patrols there, and also by just taking their intel so that the cap zone closes.

Seriously, defense is almost impossible on that map. So instead of hating it, try to play it as intended and then break it from there.

You can put an Engineer and Pyro in the cap zone area with a mini sentry defense, have a Sniper and Spy roaming along the sides, most of the team is in the upper house area preparing an easy push inside, and the Soldier (and maybe the Demo) can jump around to support all three groups easy. The center even has a nice drop down so that you can emergency stop a Scout cap, and you have the high ground, and you can always just walk back into your intel room if you're that worried. Seriously.

Hold the house, hold the cap zone, and you win. Why use the regular old boring strategy for such a crazy map? That's crazy. Too much of TF2 is about doing what's old and familiar.

Glad to see you're thinking along the same lines I am. There's one decent spot to put a level 3 over the intelligence but it's ridiclously vulnerable, even if you run Wrangler. You definitely want to control the middle which 1) allows you to block the enemy from capping, 2) allows you to cap, and 3) makes it easy to push in to get the enemy's intelligence and come back and cap.

Obviously if you could sneak a level 3 in the middle, that'd be ideal but that's going to be nearly impossible to keep up given the 5-6 flank routes for every portion of this map and the heavy foot traffic near the cap zone. Definitely seems like an engineer would be better off running minis, but I'll try to play a couple lobbies before the scrim tonight to get an idea.

Alienups

You never know what Valve intends to do with them but i doubt it will be worth as much as what you can get for it now.

I'd sell it.

There's ten in x amount of public inventories on steam that happened to get scanned. You're supposed to extrapolate that out. There are many many many more than 10.

Forkball

80 MB update just hit. I am currently checking to see if any jimmies have been rustled.

[edit]Some new code, may indicate an eighth item. The mystery solving line refers to the set bonus of the Medic set.

CDnf

AcciDante

Trading that diary was a god damn nightmare! Get a good offer, then a better, wait on the better, then lose both! This one dude was trying to trade his diary to someone else for way too much, then buy mine for less, but he was stupid enough to copy/past a chat log with his buyer, so I friended his buyer and just sniped the trade for a lower price.

Traded my diary for a Max Head, Fast Learner, and 2 keys.

80 MB update just hit. I am currently checking to see if any jimmies have been rustled.

[edit]Some new code, may indicate an eighth item. The mystery solving line refers to the set bonus of the Medic set.

CDnf

I thought it was known already that the Medic set reveals the hidden message on the item or is there more to it?

Sianos

Trading that diary was a god damn nightmare! Get a good offer, then a better, wait on the better, then lose both! This one dude was trying to trade his diary to someone else for way too much, then buy mine for less, but he was stupid enough to copy/past a chat log with his buyer, so I friended his buyer and just sniped the trade for a lower price.

Traded my diary for a Max Head, Fast Learner, and 2 keys.

Wow, you are very, very lucky. Enjoy your hats.

Didn't get get a Salvaged Crate recently too? SHARE THE LUCK WITH US, DANTE

Sianos

Borgnine gave me a salvaged #40? Is that worth anything? :0

You should unlock it, then sell the contents. Strange Huntsman is worth a buds last I checked.

The only drop that isn't worth a lot is the Strange Mantreads, and if you get one you can always give it to me. :3

Forkball

Patch notes:

Added new attributes to the Hidden Detective set.

Kinda goes in with the idea that there is now an eighth item, or at least new code. Also if you try to craft bananas, you get the above posted banana error message.

Forkball

#1: [1]
3C7D4CF6081ED6EFF733CE4F9AEE7429E5C09BAE

#2: [2]
C9C0BD9A861F8CDCC9B2AE32162DA022934A492A

#3: [3]
ACE837214742F24CEC67D81F2662C1A1616EB33F

#4: [4]
TuhcM.png

#5: [5]
XvBsD

#6: [6]
2DED364236C36834151AA64B9C472F4779B01907

#7: [7]
92FCE4A3361F3EF0CE7E59EFFD88605CF026F0CB

#8: [8]
bpaxd.png

The eight lines may refer to the banana errors. The top line says Banana Overflow or something to that effect in Spanish and the line above the random code says Detailed Report in Finnish.

SOMEONE TRANSLATE THE CODE.

Forkball

Actually it seems that the same error message can give different codes. It's a bit more complicated than just translating the code it seems.

Top Bottom