• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

I can't tell if this is actually related to [as]'s promo or if it's just a fan capitalizing on both all the hype and the fact he lives nearby Turner Broadcasting.
Their promos (while still looking cheap as shit) are always a tad better than that. Also no regular person knows who Gabe is so...

Sianos

Payload... WITH SPACE MONKEYS! Also SUITCASES AND CONTROL POINTS? WHO KNOWS?

class_movie_bg_pyro.jpg

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Two days gentleman. Two days until the prophet Forkball is baptized in fire and ascends to heaven.

Sianos

Clearly Mann vs. Monkey. Those robot sounds are there to throw us OFF THE TRACKS or herald a second surprise game mode.

At the very least I think it'll be:

Day 1: DOOMSDAY
Day 2: Medic and Scout SPACE weapons
Day 3: Meet the Pyro and Pyro weapons

Hopefully there will be some hidden items like the Uber update with the #1 Fan and Detonator.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
So the monkey is the 10th class and the buff banner is being transferred over to him is what I'm getting out of this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I'll probably just idle during the new update week, honestly. I mean, I've got a project due Saturday 7PM EDT that I'm working late nights on, and I'd really rather see it finished than slack off due to a new update.

Forkball

That's it? You just link to a random URL and don't say anything? Where's the enthusiasm? Where's the pure, unadulterated HYPE.

PYROMANIA
http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/

pyromania_title.gif

You read that right (presumably): the long-awaited final Meet the Team short, Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days, and we decided to assemble a massive update to celebrate it.

That only left the issue of what to call the update. Luckily, at the very moment we were thinking about it, someone turned on the radio. Guess what song was on? That's right: 'Safety Dance'.

"That's a pretty catchy song," we said. "Who sings that?" Well, we don't want to upset you, so we won't type it here, but suffice it to say the band that wrote 'Safety Dance' has the most unthinkably offensive name we've ever heard.

Then 'Rock of Ages' came on, off Def Leppard's album Pyromania, so we turned off the radio because it wasn't helping. Suddenly, no thanks at all to music, we came up with the name on our own: The Pyromania Update.

Day One of Pyromania reveals Doomsday, a new map with a brand new game mode that lets you relive one of the darkest days in TF history. It's all pretty heartwrenching, until you discover you'll get achievements, which are also detailed in today's update.

Keep your eyes open, folks. We'll be announcing a bunch of new stuff this week, right up until the premiere of Meet the Pyro this Wednesday.

Doomsday seems like those intel/CP fusion maps. Should be interesting to see how it plays. But obviously, this is not the new game mode we have been waiting for. Where is MVM? Where are the ROBOTS? Don't tell me that's not coming until a later update. Valve has been hyper-trolling us if that's the case.

Sianos

Clearly the Administrator has been stockpiling the Australium in order to build EIGHTEEN PERFECT ROBOTS.

EVERY CLASS IS A ROBOT. EXCEPT FOR THE MYSTERY TENTH CLASS,
caberman
WHO MUST FIGHT TO SAVE MANKIND.

Blizzard

Banned
I need to turn into a nice guy, find someone like Oreo or Kirsten who plays medic, and bribe them with strange weapons and hats to help me practice heavy+medic.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Doomsday seems like those intel/CP fusion maps. Should be interesting to see how it plays. But obviously, this is not the new game mode we have been waiting for. Where is MVM? Where are the ROBOTS? Don't tell me that's not coming until a later update. Valve has been hyper-trolling us if that's the case.
And some plr mixed in.

They're probably saving MvM for next. Two new game modes in one update? Bob, that's too much.

It's the same spirit of competitive enterprise that stalled the moon landing by three years when Buzz Aldrin suplexed Neil Armstrong into a pile of folding chairs at Astromania '69!

This is amazing.

Also I'm sticking here. Screw the thread in Gaming.

Forkball

And some plr mixed in.

They're probably saving MvM for next. Two new game modes in one update? Bob, that's too much.

Next? But I want it now!

Some things to note about the Pyromania page. There is obviously a huge lack of space at the bottom, where they later edited in the banana. I wonder if more things are going down there. Also notice the empty, rectangular space right below the day one, two, three gauges. Looks like something might go there... but WHAT?

Proven

Doomsday is either King of the Hill or a new mode/fusion map, as people are speculating. I guess this is fine, as if Hightower taught Valve anything, people like deathmatch maps where you have to ride to the top at the very end. I'm assuming they did the one thing I've always had an objection to regarding Hightower: put a time limit on it.

Sianos

Doomsday sounds like a map I already played called ctf_haarp

Oh yeah, I remember that map. It's a pretty neato concept, just add space monkeys and its even better.

I'm trying to educated the gaming forum masses so when they flood our fair Jank at least they'll be useful. :p

Oreoleo

I need to turn into a nice guy, find someone like Oreo or Kirsten who plays medic, and bribe them with strange weapons and hats to help me practice heavy+medic.
I didn't have much luck on Vitalism as either heavy or medic... Unfortunately I won't be around much if at all before the match, cause I would like to practice a little more, but I think our best plan of attack Blizzard is gonna be to hold the middle and let the more mobile classes worry about getting the intel.

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't have much luck on Vitalism as either heavy or medic... Unfortunately I won't be around much if at all before the match, cause I would like to practice a little more, but I think our best plan of attack Blizzard is gonna be to hold the middle and let the more mobile classes worry about getting the intel.
Woobie and I were practicing and our super secret plan that worked pretty well was bla bla bla secret I'll tell you on Steam.

The problem with the highlander medics out of highlander games is that you always* play heavy and Kirsten always* plays spy or sniper or something, so I can't harass either of you to practice with me. </3 Woobie is good though, and he has a funny-sounding name. Woobie woobie woobie.

*not actually always

Sianos

On the subject of UGC Highlander, Matt and I have agreed to swap classes. So I'll be playing Soldier and Matt will be on Spy. No more listening to me bitch about failstabs, HOORAY!

Maybe the silver lining of this update will be that everyone will be too scared to play Spy, so I don't have to worry about having too many other Spies shitting up my team.

Top Bottom