• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Teabaggin ya'll

Liptons

On da rocks!

Quote for future reference.

Also: Snacks reminded me.
BAeNm.png

Bluth54

So I decided to make my own TF2 update bingo card since the creator provided a template for it (though I'm far too lazy to make it nice and pretty like the one he created). Will anyone else here step up to the challenge?

tf2bingocard.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Is that you?

Please don't be.
What do you mean? That guy only has two posts, and it's not like the other one ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOGWELDER, you handsome devil. I love you. YOU DA BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOGWELDER, you handsome devil. I love you. YOU DA BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

bCaRw.gif

D:

Sianos

I'm happy Forkball took my place while I was away on business, but I'm back now so everything can go back to normal.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

- You can't really complain about getting heals as a Heavy, considering how often I've died while some oblivious Medic just heals the Heavy and ignores everyone else. :U

- The only people pushing for athlete safety in the form of more penalties are unfun babies and I don't like them ONE BIT.

- I guess Snake killed Dougie and took his place? I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE.

- Too many referees have no idea what they're talking about but still act superior over everyone, even people who directly outrank them.

- I'm getting to be decent at pogoing as Soldier, [positive exclamation], but I waste all my health jumping around like a [negative noun], [negative exclamation]! It'd be neat if they had a Back Scratcher for Soldier, since I usually like to roam.

- At least we all had an excuse to hold a free scrimmage (aka. everyone beats up everyone else for the fun of it) afterwards. No referees were invited and it was fantastic. Got a delicious knockout on a close friend/rival/competitor of mine. <3

- Quick capping is VITAL towards Vitalism, so our Fallengorn needs to get decent at vertical jumps. Also, the latest Heinsight showed off a neato way for Scouts to quickcap: I'll post a replay of the jump later.

- I'm flattered you guys suggested me as an alternate Scout. I love you and missed you all. <333

Sajjaja

Valve, Adult Swim Working on Team Fortress 2 Content

Adult Swim is running a promo on its site teasing a collaboration with Valve for something Team Fortress 2-related. If you remember, Valve released video profiles for all of its Team Fortress 2 classes except for the Pyro. If you click over to the newsletter sign up page, the Pyro is prominently featured, making it seem like the announcement next week may be an extended version of a Meet The Pyro installment.

Because Valve likes teasing upcoming announcements with strange promotions, a few weird items have started appearing in Team Fortress 2 as of late, including bananas and pocket lint. Possible tie-in? Just a one-time Adult Swim-related video, or a sign of an actual series?

According to Adult Swim, &#8220;To learn how their video game peanut butter will be getting in our network&#8217;s chocolate, come back next week.&#8221; Ok, sure thing.

Aqua Team Hunger Fortress.

Forkball

THIS IS DAYS OLD TRY AND KEEP UP.

Prediction for next week's update:

New weapons (including Scout and Medic WETA items)
New HATS
New crates
Meet the Pyro
Mann vs. Machine Mode
CP_Soho
Source Filmmaker release
Saxxys (?)

I can see a connection between the Saxxys, Source Filmmaker, and Adult Swim. It would be kind of loaded if they also included the new mode in as well. But perhaps they want people to toy with the new mode and make videos for the Saxxys. I also wouldn't be surprised if Adult Swim airs the Saxxys finals some time in the future.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball just guaranteed that the Saxxy's won't be released until comfy couch mode.

Also:
UGC said:
Highlander Season 7 Week 4 Reminder: Vitalism is played first to 10 intel captures within two 20 minute match rounds!

posted by [UGC] Kumori™ @ 11:33AM on June 24, 2012

The winning team is the first to reach 10 intel captures or the highest TOTAL score after two 20 minute match rounds.

Scores carry over between the first and second match rounds. For example, if your team captures the intel 5 times in the first match round and 3 in the second match round, then your score for the game is 8 intel captures.

If a team reaches 10 intel captures in the first match round, then the second match round is not played. The team who captured the 10 intels first in the first match round wins the match.

If both teams' scores are tied after two 20 minute match rounds but with under 10 intel caps scored, then a Sudden Death Overtime round is played, where the first team to capture the intel wins the match.

You must keep track of your team's total score manually each round.

Remember to execute the correct config for this match: ugc_hl_ctf.cfg

Bluth54

wouldn't meet the pyro bring pyro weapons instead of scoot and medic?

It's pretty likely it's going to be like the Uber Update where most of the classes will get new weapons. The Scout and Medic Weta items are a pretty good bet for this update since final versions of the cosmetic stuff has been uploaded to the workshop.

thefro

Keep in mind that if we get an update tomorrow, all the new items are banned in UGC Highlander until they release an announcement okaying them.

Also, you'll probably want to get on early so that you're not downloading the update when it's match time.

Proven

There will be an update tomorrow, but it won't be THE update. They will probably do a lead up week like they usually do. Full update will probably hit closer to the weekend. For one thing, that's more Valve's style. For another, Adult Swim's biggest night is on the weekend, and any premiere they'd do would either run for the entire week or start on Sat/Sun.

What I'm more curious about is if tomorrow will be a continuization of the ARG or if learning the two pages of the senate hearing transcript was the end of it.

I like though that the rockets that were landing are tied to Poopy Joe. He lives on in our hearts.

Bluth54

Yeah the update isn't going to hit tomorrow, it will likely be a day one blog post with the actual update hitting on Thursday or Friday.

There will be an update tomorrow, but it won't be THE update. They will probably do a lead up week like they usually do. Full update will probably hit closer to the weekend. For one thing, that's more Valve's style. For another, Adult Swim's biggest night is on the weekend, and any premiere they'd do would either run for the entire week or start on Sat/Sun.

What I'm more curious about is if tomorrow will be a continuization of the ARG or if learning the two pages of the senate hearing transcript was the end of it.

I like though that the rockets that were landing are tied to Poopy Joe. He lives on in our hearts.
Thursday is a pretty big night for adult swim (second only to Sunday). And valve always likes their Thursday patches.

Forkball

What loadout are people using for the spy?

The default set is the best one. I like the Saharan Spy for defense, since you can easily pick off people pushing a cart without them noticing. For maximum troll, you could go Enforcer/DR, but it's really only good in really hectic maps.

After the last update the game is buggy as fuck now. Not only did the control point part of the UI was stuck on the top right for some reason, but I changed my resolution to 1080p and this shit happens :

WTF.png

Fuck the what!?

After the last update the game is buggy as fuck now. Not only did the control point part of the UI was stuck on the top right for some reason, but I changed my resolution to 1080p and this shit happens :

WTF.png

Fuck the what!?

I'm pretty sure if you reboot your game, it should fix itself. Make sure you resolution stick so you don't have to change it everytime.

Top Bottom