• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Javaman

Ugh, everybody has lives outside of TF2-GAF. An increasingly large number of people are turning out to be busy for Saturday night. I might have to call the scrim off, but I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to be sure, and then try to set up something for Sunday or even Monday afternoon if people get off early enough.

I'm working 42 hours this weekend (f/s/s). Feels bad man. Why is Douggie banned?

Blizzard

Banned
Isn't Doumeki Kai a good scout? Accidante could be sniper then (I actually thought it was his turn anyway but apparently not?).

Isn't Doumeki Kai a good scout? Accidante could be sniper then (I actually thought it was his turn anyway but apparently not?).

Damn Blizzard I see how it is, just giving up my sniper spot like that!

Actually if Kai wants to be Scout and AcciDante wants to be sniper I'm of course okay with that. It's all for fun anyway so whatever is agreed upon as the best setup is just fine with me.

BlackJace

So I first played TF2 six months ago. Didn't like it.

Pick it up a month or two later. I had more fun than I initially did, but I still offed it quick.

This month I tried it again, and now its my most played game this year! I went from barely 2 hours put into the game, to 39 cumulative hours.

It's so fun and I can't stop. Halp.

Kirsten

I think we'd have to OK this with the other team then because she's not on our UGC roster thing? I guess it would be up to them to say yes or no? I don't know how this stuff works.

Also, small detail. Someone needs to ask her and see if she would want to/is available to do it.

I think we'd have to OK this with the other team then because she's not on our UGC roster thing? I guess it would be up to them to say yes or no? I don't know how this stuff works.

Also, small detail. Someone needs to ask her and see if she would want to/is available to do it.

Actually, I'm not even sure we can bring in people that aren't on our roster mid season even with the other team's permission. Maybe someone with more UGC knowledge can chime in though!

Kirsten

Actually, I'm not even sure we can bring in people that aren't on our roster mid season even with the other team's permission. Maybe someone with more UGC knowledge can chime in though!

http://www.ugcleague.com/rules_tf2h_season2.cfm

4.9. Ringers and Multi-team players are not permitted to play in UGC's Team Fortress 2 League Divisions.

4.9.2. Ringers and Unrostered Clan Members
The definition of a ringer/merc is as follows: Any player who is not on the Official UGC team roster of said team.

Teams may agree to allow ringers/mercs provided they are not on another UGC team. All communication must be documented. A team must have logged their opponents permission to use an unrostered team member prior to match start.
Teams must check rosters prior to match start, and work out roster issues before the match is played - be honest with your opponent about your players roster status. Once both team's "ready" for matches UGC considered this an agreement to move forward with displayed rosters. If a team refuses to remove a ringer/merc by 15 minutes passed the agreed upon match time their opponent may leave the server and dispute match.

Proven

Thanks Kirsten.

Basically, we want to avoid using a ringer whenever we can. While most teams have chill people that should be cool with it, and there's less on the line this tournament season, it's still an easy way to invite drama and bad disputes.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
It's flattering to have my name brought up but it seems like the hassle of getting a ringer to play isn't worth it. Ya'll have plenty of great potential backups for scout on the team roster - I'm positive I'd do worse than Accidante, Quote, or wartime... Especially since I haven't played with the team before and don't really know Vitalism.

PS - Someone hop onto MGE servers with me sometime. Gotta level up my lol-worthy aiming. :p

Alright, I know we get Russians that like to slip into the server and play at night, but what the hell is going on right now:

VsWEe.jpg

I'm looking for a decent mic, any suggestions?

A budget mic that was recommended a while ago was the Logitech ClearChat.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-000018-Stereo-Headset-H230/dp/B000OAHOVO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1340491430&sr=8-4&keywords=Logitech+Clearchat

I have a pair and it still works wonderfully. Keep in mind though, there is a newer model and Logitech are idiot for not supplying replacement ear forms. But I think 3rd party forms are available. Also they are not USB, just audio jacks.

Forkball

Protip: If a heavy (or any class really) is at half health and is calling for medic, take a break from pocketing the fully healed sniper to throw some love his way. Not only will it help the team be better prepared for fights, it will also help build an ubercharge faster.

This post brought to you by common sense.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Protip: If a heavy (or any class really) is at half health and is calling for medic, take a break from pocketing the fully healed sniper to throw some love his way. Not only will it help the team be better prepared for fights, it will also help build an ubercharge faster.

This post brought to you by common sense.

protip: forkball does not know how to play medic or heavy. he hides in the corner instead of pushing up and then lets his medic get backstabbed with a full charge. He calls for a medic to waste his uber/kritz on players who can't do anything with it. He expects heals over a sniper when the snipers had more points and were contributing more than he was as a heavy. AND he smells.

This post brought to you by someone who knows how to play.

Forkball

protip: forkball does not know how to play medic or heavy. he hides in the corner instead of pushing up and then lets his medic get backstabbed with a full charge. He calls for a medic to waste his uber/kritz on players who can't do anything with it. He expects heals over a sniper when the snipers had more points and were contributing more than he was as a heavy. AND he smells.

This post brought to you by someone who knows how to play.

I didn't call for you to uber me, I expect you to uber the Demo, but you just hung back and did nothing. Also, I had more points than Dog by about a dozen at the end of the round, which really doesn't even matter. So if what you say was true, I went on a major killing spree or Dog just started to suck it up. Do you keep up with who has the most points on a team while your playing? Is that how you prioritize your healing? That's just being elitist instead of trying to actually help the team. And we all know, points are only really a vague indication of performance. You went out of your way to make sure I got zero healing. It's common sense to heal your teammates, no matter who they are, when they are at low health instead of POCKETING a SNIPER. You could have at least healed me to make your uber charge up faster. You do know that if you heal someone with low health, your ubercharge rate increases right? This might be a revelation to someone who pockets a sniper. What else should I teach you? The difference between you and Cloudius as medic was remarkable.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't call for you to uber me, I expect you to uber the Demo, but you just hung back and did nothing. Also, I had more points than Dog by about a dozen at the end of the round, which really doesn't even matter. So if what you say was true, I went on a major killing spree or Dog just started to suck it up. Do you keep up with who has the most points on a team while your playing? Is that how you prioritize your healing? That's just being elitist instead of trying to actually help the team. And we all know, points are only really a vague indication of performance. You went out of your way to make sure I got zero healing. It's common sense to heal your teammates, no matter who they are, when they are at low health instead of POCKETING a SNIPER. You could have at least healed me to make your uber charge up faster. You do know that if you heal someone with low health, your ubercharge rate increases right? This might be a revelation to someone who pockets a sniper. What else should I teach you?

1. Watch the demo. There was nobody around to kill. I didn't hang back, I swung around for a better position. I used when it people were around. I didn't say anything about giving it to you. I wouldn't have given it to ANYBODY cause there was nobody around to kill.

2. There were two snipers there, so I could easily fill up uber by switching between the two.

3. The snipers were actively holding them back. Last I saw of you, you were hiding near the train tracks. Then you were jumping around calling for heals instead of pushing up.

4. There were two heal packs nearby. Instead of jumping in front of the snipers and distracting them, you could've gone and gotten those instead of getting headshot. People retreating should go for health packs unless they're going to die RIGHT THERE. (Cloudius, this actually happened to you. I was retreating to my dispenser, you need to heal people actively fighting)

5. Oh 'helping' the team. Look at the demo again and see how I was helping the team out vs how you were helping the team out. You want to take a vote to see who the rest of the people would've rather kept?

6. I didn't hear anyone else complaining about me building uber up.

Here's something I can teach you, don't criticize the only medic healing the team especially after you let him get backstabbed cause he was healing you in the corner while you were doing NOTHING.

Forkball

1. Watch the demo. There was nobody around to kill. I didn't hang back, I swung around for a better position. I used when it people were around. I didn't say anything about giving it to you. I wouldn't have given it to ANYBODY cause there was nobody around to kill.

2. There were two snipers there, so I could easily fill up uber by switching between the two.

3. The snipers were actively holding them back. Last I saw of you, you were hiding near the train tracks. Then you were jumping around calling for heals instead of pushing up.

4. There were two heal packs nearby. Instead of jumping in front of the snipers and distracting them, you could've gone and gotten those instead of getting headshot. People retreating should go for health packs unless they're going to die RIGHT THERE. (Cloudius, this actually happened to you. I was retreating to my dispenser, you need to heal people actively fighting)

5. Oh 'helping' the team. Look at the demo again and see how I was helping the team out vs how you were helping the team out. You want to take a vote to see who the rest of the people would've rather kept?

6. I didn't hear anyone else complaining about me building uber up.

Here's something I can teach you, don't criticize the only medic healing the team especially after you let him get backstabbed cause he was healing you in the corner while you were doing NOTHING.
1. Well there were obviously people there to kill considering the entire team came around the corner and killed me when I expected a demo to rain crit stickies down on them.

2. You're not going to uber faster by healing two already overhealed snipers, you do it by actually healing someone who was injured i.e. me.

3. I hid near the train tracks for maybe 15 seconds and actually killed one or two of them when they passed me. I was closer to the cart than any other teammate. And the only time I ever saw a medic on me get backstabbed in Badwater was when he had JUST started healing me. I turned around and he was immediately stabbed. There wasn't much I could do there since I didn't even know a medic was near me until it was too late.

Also, how am I supposed to push up at half health with no medic? Huh? You criticize me for not pushing and yet refused to heal me. You can't get both ways, either heal everyone and push up with the team, or don't complain when your injured teammates have to retreat.

4. You know what was also nearby? A medic. Instead of wasting time by marching all the way back past the ramp when we were near the second point, you could have healed me for literally maybe two seconds and I would have been completely fine. Time is everything in TF2, so what's the point in wasting it?

5. TF2 is a team game, and all parts of the team need to be effective. It's not like I didn't contribute, I was one of the highest scorers and certainly scored higher than your favorite sniper you like to pocket. Believe it or not, the team with Kuro on it doesn't always win, it's a combination of everyone doing their part, including you AND me.

6. Nobody complained about it because they were actually being healed by you. You went out of your way to NOT heal me. What kind of medic does this? I can understand if someone is going gung ho into the battle and following them would be certain death, but there were many times where we were in safe spots but you just didn't heal me.

You need to stop being a baby about getting backstabbed one time and holding it against me and actually help EVERYONE on your team. I play TF2 to have fun, and it's not fun when someone is being an asshole and refusing to help another teammate out.

u9l5r.gif

Also Yeef, the server was pretty janking during pipeline. The server kept freezing. The replay message (You can no longer save replay) kept popping up from time to time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
1. Well there were obviously people there to kill considering the entire team came around the corner and killed me when I expected a demo to rain crit stickies down on them.

2. You're not going to uber faster by healing two already overhealed snipers, you do it by actually healing someone who was injured i.e. me.

3. I hid near the train tracks for maybe 15 seconds and actually killed one or two of them when they passed me. I was closer to the cart than any other teammate. And the only time I ever saw a medic on me get backstabbed in Badwater was when he had JUST started healing me. I turned around and he was immediately stabbed. There wasn't much I could do there since I didn't even know a medic was near me until it was too late.

Also, how am I supposed to push up at half health with no medic? Huh? You criticize me for not pushing and yet refused to heal me. You can't get both ways, either heal everyone and push up with the team, or don't complain when your injured teammates have to retreat.

4. You know what was also nearby? A medic. Instead of wasting time by marching all the way back past the ramp when we were near the second point, you could have healed me for literally maybe two seconds and I would have been completely fine. Time is everything in TF2, so what's the point in wasting it?

5. TF2 is a team game, and all parts of the team need to be effective. It's not like I didn't contribute, I was one of the highest scorers and certainly scored higher than your favorite sniper you like to pocket. Believe it or not, the team with Kuro on it doesn't always win, it's a combination of everyone doing their part, including you AND me.

6. Nobody complained about it because they were actually being healed by you. You went out of your way to NOT heal me. What kind of medic does this? I can understand if someone is going gung ho into the battle and following them would be certain death, but there were many times where we were in safe spots but you just didn't heal me.

You need to stop being a baby about getting backstabbed one time and holding it against me and actually help EVERYONE on your team. I play TF2 to have fun, and it's not fun when someone is being an asshole and refusing to help another teammate out.

Best tonic for not liking how a medic plays? Switch to medic and do it yourself.

edit: STOP GETTING SO MUCH ENJOYMENT OUT OF THIS, DOUCHEWELDER! :D

Top Bottom