• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

AcciDante

Glorious.

Seriously, I don't know what it stands for.

The video title has my busted tag used. It's official folks, we're now KRSF not KSRF.

Match actually starts at 19:55.

"Where is Soka going?"
"wuuuut"

I HATE YOU DANTE.

hahahahaha, I wouldn't know where to go either!

Blizzard

Banned
Hey, that level 3 sentry was a big part of the shutout. They got a point right after we got 11, but I think they touched it a few times earlier, only to be driven back by the sentry.

There was that point, maybe right at the start of the second round, where we spent 5-10 minutes trying to hunt down their intel so we could actually finish. I think Matt had the intel as spy for ages, lol.

Hey, that level 3 sentry was a big part of the shutout. They got a point right after we got 11, but I think they touched it a few times earlier, only to be driven back by the sentry.

There was that point, maybe right at the start of the second round, where we spent 5-10 minutes trying to hunt down their intel so we could actually finish. I think Matt had the intel as spy for ages, lol.

3 or so minutes maybe?

Oh I see, they switched sniper/soldier or something after our 6th cap; the 2nd sniper was using the Sydney Sleeper.

I saw one of Failgorn's failjumps in the replay.

EDIT: Around 50:00 they seem to claim that the other team scored a point, "It was 10-1". GAF DEFEND OUR HONOR.

Proven

Halfway through the cast, I see at one point thefro just put his level 3 at the cap zone, lol.

Edit: Someone on KSRF got a ring during the match?

Oreoleo

I think they just saw someone had their ring on. Oreo?

YUUUUUUUUUUUP B)

I wanted to post about them mentioning that, but, you know. Modesty and shit.

That whole vid was just super satisfying to watch. Maybe a really good team could have poked holes in our strategy, but I thought we did really well and the video shows it.

Proven

Not the best casters in the world, but I wouldn't mind them casting our next game. Just in case there's a lack of demo files again.

And this top ten play is pretty good. Watched it over the weekend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bCQSJJC4I

As for the match itself, I have no complaints. You had a strategy, went in, and executed it. Running with the Kritz for the first half of the game demonstrated just how bad every sentry spot on that map is. If the level 3 isn't forcing the other team to use an uber, then you might as well use a mini.

But you guys picked a strategy, stuck with it, and covered each other. Made changes as you saw fit. And weathered the storm whenever their better players started to go on a streak. You did good.

Edit: Oh jeez? It's already 1AM? God dammit. I need to start doing research on cp_Standin. I think the map is interesting, but I also feel like it's really better for 6s rather than highlander. Even if it allows for a bunch of split up strategies.

Also, it's one of those nightmares-for-Medics maps.

YUUUUUUUUUUUP B)

That whole vid was just super satisfying to watch. Maybe a really good team could have poked holes in our strategy, but I thought we did really well and the video shows it.

Haven't seen your boy toy Tenck in awhile.

Ketch

YUUUUUUUUUUUP B)

Fuckin spoilers! Damnit.

I knew I shouldn't have kept reading after the video was posted.

sixghost

Not the best casters in the world, but I wouldn't mind them casting our next game. Just in case there's a lack of demo files again.

And this top ten play is pretty good. Watched it over the weekend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bCQSJJC4I

As for the match itself, I have no complaints. You had a strategy, went in, and executed it. Running with the Kritz for the first half of the game demonstrated just how bad every sentry spot on that map is. If the level 3 isn't forcing the other team to use an uber, then you might as well use a mini.

But you guys picked a strategy, stuck with it, and covered each other. Made changes as you saw fit. And weathered the storm whenever their better players started to go on a streak. You did good.
Blizzard, Oreo and fallen did a really good job holding top middle for almost the entire game. It's just so hard to cap when the other team does that. You don't have a good entrance or exit to the intel room if you can't use that upper entrance.

Ketch

ughh... good win. but shitty stream. They aren't the best at being announcers. I was getting dizzy with all the camera switches.

Blue just never really got there shit together. They just seemed really unorganized for a "team". You guys claimed high ground/middle early and they never got a good enough push to move you back. gg

Oreoleo

Huey on a cp_standin highlander scrim. It's a bit of a roll, but it's the basic strategy for us to use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsl4hwNwCb4

Looks like fun. He mentions that the points don't have a limit on the cap speed/multiplier, and it seemed to be kind of important in a few of the rounds he played. Scout and pyro might have to run a lot of solo routes to delay enemy caps, it's gonna be hard to take that third point and defend the other two at the same time with only 9 people.

Looks like fun. He mentions that the points don't have a limit on the cap speed/multiplier, and it seemed to be kind of important in a few of the rounds he played. Scout and pyro might have to run a lot of solo routes to delay enemy caps, it's gonna be hard to take that third point and defend the other two at the same time with only 9 people.

Demos and Soldiers with Pain Train; we all rush A (or C) and insta cap it with 12 "people" then Demo/Soldier jump back into spawn to swap out their melee weapon while the rest of us roll on to B; Demo/Soldier rocket/grenade jump to quickly catch up.

WIN.

Proven

I think the safest thing to do, if we can't cap a third point while stopping them from stacking one of the other two, is to just let them do it. If we swap caps, it'll still be us two to their one, and then we can rout them as they try to push to the next point.

The strategy might devolve into Tic-Tac-Toe in a sense. There may always be a single most logical move to make, and then you just have to clash for a battle. Whether you win or lose it decides which point you try to cap next. Two good enough teams will probably cap in circles and have up to ten minute rounds, in the same way two good teams on Granary will constantly push each other back and forth between middle and second.

The added crowding caused by it being 9v9 rather than 6v6, combined with there being no cap speed limit (need to check if that was changed at all for the current version), may mean that momentum from a fight will carry you further and end rounds quicker. On the other hand, it may also mean there's always someone to delay a cap long enough that you can't win quickly. I'm most worried about the latter scenario.

I like all 9 going to cap a point at the start. Then you can move on to the next one, and maybe have an engagement. Winning the engagement definitely puts you ahead. If you lose, then you go get the point the other team took at the beginning. Plus with all nine together, you could possibly take out opponents that have split up their team. You can have an engineer set up a base at the point you first take, which will delay recapping it. Spy could also not be with the team and try to pick off split opponents. If you succeed at not only taking the first point and the next point, then send the pyro or scout back to the further delay the team in getting them back. I think this match up will favor whoever sticks together the best.

Proven

My TF2 notifier woke me up. Something in the item schema got updated. I think it was the pocket lint. It's probably now craftable. Too tired to check. Zzzz...

parasight

Haven't played TF2 in a while (since Summer 2011 basically), but I checked out the market today for old times sake. Earbuds are worth 24-25 keys now!? Boy am I glad I still have mine. Is there any reason for the increase? It used to be like 10 Keys at most.

Haven't played TF2 in a while (since Summer 2011 basically), but I checked out the market today for old times sake. Earbuds are worth 24-25 keys now!? Boy am I glad I still have mine. Is there any reason for the increase? It used to be like 10 Keys at most.
I believe it was the update that allowed you to wear a second misc that shot it up in value.

Glorious.

Seriously, I don't know what it stands for.

The video title has my busted tag used. It's official folks, we're now KRSF not KSRF.

Match actually starts at 19:55.

"Where is Soka going?"
"wuuuut"

I HATE YOU DANTE.

At 24:30 they talk shit about Matt. "This red spy isn't doing anything."

Hell the only two times it was on me was when I did short spy camping and when I had thee intel. They skipped right over me when I was about to get the engie. I feel hated.

thefro

It freed the rest of the team up to hold middle or run offense 95% of the time, which was key. You'd need at least 2 people to hold the intel otherwise.

I know Proven said there's no good sentry spots on the map, but the couple I was running are deceivingly good. The big key is that sentry location forces the other team to push in from the bottom and likely back out from the bottom as well, due to some of the map quirks. And that's much slower than the middle.

Sianos

A minigun that fires pomson lasers

Wouldn't that be neat ?

The Space Minigun 7000
Level 100 Minigun
+ Does not require ammo
+ Projectile penetrates enemy targets
+ Projectile cannot be deflected
+ On Hit: Victim loses 10% Medigun charge
+ On Hit: Victim loses 20% cloak
- No Random Critical Hits

BALANCED